Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Max Contract Extensions per Team EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Max Contract Extensions per Team EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Max Contract Extensions per Team EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Max Contract Extensions per Team EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Max Contract Extensions per Team EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Max Contract Extensions per Team EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Max Contract Extensions per Team EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Max Contract Extensions per Team EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Max Contract Extensions per Team EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Max Contract Extensions per Team

+3
zill_kills
dwevans
FraserOliver17
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Max Contract Extensions per Team Empty Max Contract Extensions per Team

Post by brza37 Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Below is a list of the contract extensions / player resignings allowed this season. All teams start with 4 max resignings but due to modifiers (posted and in the Team Selection thread and also below) can fall between 2-6 resignings. This includes franchise tags and covers anytime during the season or off-season stage 1 before free agency.
Modifier Legend:
Red = -1 resigning
Yellow = +1 resigning
Green = +2 resignings

Max Contract Extensions per Team Smle-s10

Player Resigning Rules:
All teams start with 4 max resignings but due to the following modifiers can fall between 2-6 resignings:
1) All returning owners with 40% M17 W/L record or lower receive 1 extra resigning (After season 1 this is changed to non-playoff teams)
2) All returning owners with 80% M17 W/L record or higher receive 1 fewer resigning (After season 1 this is changed to Championship round teams)
3) All Teams rated 84 or above receive 1 fewer resigning
4) All Teams rated 90 or above receive 2 fewer resignings
5) All Teams rated 79 or below receive 1 extra resigning
6) All Teams rated 75 or below receive 2 extra resignings
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Max Contract Extensions per Team Empty Re: Max Contract Extensions per Team

Post by brza37 Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Below is a link to all the re-signed players through last night including info on how many are allowed per team:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1abC6giM-IYtDCB-X14jTTe_XBszwJcxoUjbup-x_Ka0/edit#gid=1802987773
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FraserOliver17 Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Minor bump so I dont have to look as hard to find this later
FraserOliver17
FraserOliver17
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:29 am

Just wanted to mention that Raiders, Redskins and I think Steelers will have to sort out their resignings soon. Only 2 weeks left + playoffs to decide which players to keep (at the moment far too many!).

Shouldn't catch anyone by surprise and the earlier the better, as it may influence other signing/draft decisions.

Thanks!
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:38 am

Thanks Para. I contacted them already and have a list of players they want to keep though. They were all due to CPU or having player re-signing set to auto so contracts will be edited.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dwevans Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:20 am

Are the resignings being modified again this season? Will we have a confirmed limit soon?
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:04 am

It will be posted today.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dwevans Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:24 am

Thanks boss
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:48 pm

The preseason week 1 (post offseason) OVR I had as follows (as Bills crossed a threshold this week but started below a threshold at the start of the season):
49ers81
Bears80
Bengals80
Bills83
Broncos84
Browns84
Bucs83
Cardinals83
Chargers81
Chiefs84
Colts81
Cowboys88
Dolphins83
Eagles83
Falcons87
Giants84
Jaguars82
Jets75
Lions80
Packers84
Panthers84
Patriots89
Raiders82
Rams82
Ravens87
Redskins83
Saints81
Seahawks87
Steelers86
Texans83
Titans84
Vikings85
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

https://forums.operationsports.com/Mattanite/

Back to top Go down

Post by dwevans Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Surely this is the week to take it though? Some players that affected OVR either way may have been cut on the way to 53
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by dwevans Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:07 pm

This is how it looks in regular season week 1. Preseason doesn't make sense. Some teams only had 40 something players on their roster whilst others had 70 odd and some FA additions or cuts adjust the OVR (e.g Kearse). 

49ers81
Bears80
Bengals80
Bills85
Broncos84
Browns84
Bucs81
Cardinals83
Chargers81
Chiefs84
Colts81
Cowboys88
Dolphins83
Eagles84
Falcons89
Giants84
Jaguars83
Jets73
Lions80
Packers84
Panthers84
Patriots90
Raiders82
Rams82
Ravens87
Redskins84
Saints81
Seahawks87
Steelers86
Texans83
Titans84
Vikings84
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:10 pm

We did preseason week 1 last season, as in, how does the team look at the very beginning, what resigns, signs, trades and cuts the person does after that is up to them. A trade costs resources, a sign is only 1 year, resigns cost a resource/spot and cuts have benefits/implications.

So basically me signing WR Kearse pushed the Bills from 83 to 85 (plus preseason training/XP from playing). He's only signed for one year so I lose stats on backup receivers and must use a resign spot on him to keep him. To lose a resign 5 weeks on is doubling down on the disadvantage of having him.

I'm not the only one affected, Jets and Vikings made cuts to bring them below thresholds. I am the only one currently affected by a reduction in resign though; from 4 (made playoffs) to 3 (85 cap) if week 1 instead of preseason week1 is used.
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:12 pm

Week 1 looks like this:

49ers81 
Bears80 
Bengals80 
Bills85+2
Broncos84 
Browns84 
Bucs81-2
Cardinals83 
Chargers81 
Chiefs84 
Colts81 
Cowboys88 
Dolphins83 
Eagles84+1
Falcons89+2
Giants84 
Jaguars83+1
Jets73-2
Lions80 
Packers84 
Panthers84 
Patriots90+1
Raiders82 
Rams82 
Ravens87 
Redskins84+1
Saints81 
Seahawks87 
Steelers86 
Texans83 
Titans84 
Vikings84-1
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by dwevans Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:13 pm

Think brza, cougar and bartell will be as well but see above about huge differences in squad size. Cardinals only had 43 players after the draft I  think for example.

In the first season every squad was full which means its tricky to directly compare.

I would thought that this would be a better benchmark for season 2 onwards
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:18 pm

You're right, Eagles and Redskins are affected by 84 cap not 85 cap (apologies), Vikings still affected by 84 cap then. Eagles and Redskins crossed the cap likely just by training, not a signing, hence why PS Week 1 I think should be used, not to penalise for developing your own players, but capping teams that might have pulled off good trades or good FA signings in offeseason or won awards at end of last season.
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by dwevans Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:37 pm

I dunno man, I feel this is the most consistent point. There hasn't really been any major post draft trades and there isn't too much skill involved in being first online when Fraser cuts his annual high OVR. Laughing

We have no idea how DaddyLeagues calculates OVR and this is the only point where everyone has adjusted their roster to the final 53. Who knows if having a high number of low rated players reduces the OVR and then it boosts when you cut them? Really the number of re-signings available should have been announced before those cuts if they were taken from PS Wk1. It may have made a difference to some decisions.
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:40 pm

I can see your point, as in, you don't know how the actual team will look until end of preseason/beginning of season, but I made my trades and offseason decisions based on the fact I had a reduced resigning limit from playoffs (4) but was still low OVR (83) at the start of the season.

I'll let the commissioners decide, but I suspect even if I cut Kearse I'd still be now 84 OVR due to training (like Eagles and Redskins) and lose a resigning down to 3 anyway.
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by dwevans Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:56 pm

I don't see why that is unfair though. You have a good WR for the season and everyone else has also been training their players so there shouldn't be a huge disparity that you jump 2 OVR and everyone else doesn't budge. At the end of the day the main goal is to win the SB, so you do want as good a team as possible (unless you're Fraser Razz ) and sacrificing one resigning to upgrade your WR corps is a decision you probably would have made, especially with the bevy of draft picks you still have. You don't have many contract year players and your higher rated ones will likely retire. You still have 8 weeks to make trades or roster management decisions so a difference of one isn't massive.

I would suggest that we take OVRs from week 1 from season 2 onwards, not only because some people don't even log in to adjust their teams during preseason but also because it wasn't announced till the regular season starts.

I'm likely to have 2 re-signings regardless and it would seem unfair that another playoff team with a higher OVR at the start of the regular season gets 4. Whilst a difference of one isn't huge, a difference of two is.
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:32 pm

From a logical point of view I would say start of regular season. Preseason just does not make sense, as 20+ low rated rookies or other players seem to influence the overall (or at least could) as well as aging veterans with higher overalls which may not make the cut.

Problem now is that it would have been decided a bit late and it would have influenced some decisions (although it's difficult to guess how DL calculates the overall - seems completely different from Madden). That could go that far that I would let a high overall veteran go, if I have for example 4 important resignings in the season and don't want to lose 1. Or not signing the veteran receiver for 1 year, if you can't resign him anyway and lose another resigning on top. But that's now too late of course.

For the next few seasons I would prefer to take the overall at the start of regular season. That adds another strategic aspect as players may be signed or not signed based on projected overalls, if there are important resignings ahead. Don't know what's best this season - I'll trust our commissioners.
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:18 pm

Theoretically, I would agree with you Para but what happened here is that OVRs changed without doing anything. For example, my Team OVR was 83 during the entire preseason. I updated rosters on DL every day this week to make sure people could see their OVR. I updated after I made all of my cuts as well and was still an 83. Then we advanced to the regular season and suddenly I had an 84 losing 1 resigning. 4 Teams total lost an additional resigning between PS week 4 and week 1. Most teams made their cuts by Saturday night so that should have been reflected on DL soon enough to make a last minute tough decision but it wasn't.

I will check the OVRs on Madden to see if there is a significant difference too.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:25 pm

brza37 wrote:Theoretically, I would agree with you Para but what happened here is that OVRs changed without doing anything. For example, my Team OVR was 83 during the entire preseason. I updated rosters on DL every day this week to make sure people could see their OVR. I updated after I made all of my cuts as well and was still an 83. Then we advanced to the regular season and suddenly I had an 84 losing 1 resigning. 4 Teams total lost an additional resigning between PS week 4 and week 1. Most teams made their cuts by Saturday night so that should have been reflected on DL soon enough to make a last minute tough decision but it wasn't.

I will check the OVRs on Madden to see if there is a significant difference too.

Strange behaviour - maybe due to training and progression? I didn't look at DL during the preseason, I just know my overall has been 80 in Madden (don't know exactly if it was preseason or week 1 regular season), but definitely not 84. If my overall in DL has been at 84 all the time, then I would expect to be DL much higher in general. However, if it's the same for everybody, then I don't see a huge problem.

Maybe a bit too much thinking outside the box, but alternatively completely skip the overall part in the calculation?
In the end if a team has 90 overall, but the player is not the best in-game, then the team shouldn't get punished with fewer resignings and it won't have a negative effect on the league. If a team has 75 overall, but the best player in-game, then it doesn't matter if he gets an additional resigning as he will be one of the best anyway. So maybe take only season success after season 1 into consideration?

Like 4 resignings for all non-playoff teams, 3 for playoff teams and 2 for championship teams. I can remember we had it similar last season, no?
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by dwevans Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:40 pm

I quite like the way it is worked out, I think that bit works, but doing it from regular season week 1 makes the most sense. You and Matt might lose a resigning, but I can assure you 3 resignings is a lot better than only having 2. Sad

Nothing personal with the example Matt, but it doesn't make sense to me to have a team who already has a higher OVR than the Panthers and who made the Divisional round last year have two extra resignings.

Brza I remember you had 54/53 right up til close to advance? Did that make a difference? Additionally have you upgraded some stats on some of the players since advance. Even if their OVR didn't increase in game they may have increased on DL.
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by FraserOliver17 Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:19 pm

dwevans wrote:I dunno man, I feel this is the most consistent point. There hasn't really been any major post draft trades and there isn't too much skill involved in being first online when Fraser cuts his annual high OVR. Laughing

We have no idea how DaddyLeagues calculates OVR and this is the only point where everyone has adjusted their roster to the final 53. Who knows if having a high number of low rated players reduces the OVR and then it boosts when you cut them? Really the number of re-signings available should have been announced before those cuts if they were taken from PS Wk1. It may have made a difference to some decisions.
I’ve already cut kearse...
FraserOliver17
FraserOliver17
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:25 pm

I'll go with whatever is decided (as some years you benefit from rules, others you don't), it just makes a 3 way tie between WR Kearse, WR Funchess and QB Taylor for who gets resigned.
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:41 pm

I did not upgrade anyone before updating DL. I cut my 6th CB a 63 OVR player who wasn't even on the depth chart Sunday morning but also updated DL before advancing to make sure it didn't affect my OVR, otherwise I would have cut a high OVR backup to make sure I was under the OVR cap. As I said 5 other guys who had made cuts before I updated DL Saturday night also jumped up in Team OVR despite not doing anything. That is a problem that I didn't foresee happening with the Overalls and something that is not insignificant and could have worse effects on balance than just leaving out the OVR part of the equation.

Also the Pats going from 2 to just 1 resigning through no action between the last cut and the Team OVR change is pretty harsh as well.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next