Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Resign Trading EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Resign Trading EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Resign Trading EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Resign Trading EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Resign Trading EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Resign Trading EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Resign Trading EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Resign Trading EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Resign Trading EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Resign Trading

3 posters

Go down

Resign Trading Empty Resign Trading

Post by Mattanite Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:55 am

There's been some discussion on this on Telegram so I thought I'd post some examples of why this is a good thing and open the discussion up on the forum:

The limited resigns per team are available to trade with a player on expiring contract in order to get more value out of the player, less value out of a competitive team or more value for a non-competitive team. A resign can only be traded with a player on an expiring contract. More than one resign can be traded if they’re available (with multiple players). The resign trade must be stated in the trade and the value accounted for in the trade. Here are some examples of advantages of trading around resigns:

Resign Rule Examples

Superbowl (SB) Coach has 2 resigns and so needs to trade a player or let them walk in free agency, they have no resigns to trade so they trade to Non-playoff (NP) Coach who has 5 resigns, the value of the player is reduced so NP Coach gets a better deal from SB Coach (who at least gets something).

NP Coach has 5 resigns and 5 players to resign but due to some huge contracts, doesn’t have the cap to resign all 5. Instead of taking a loss to value like SB coach above, NP coach trades a player AND a resign to Playoff (PO) Coach so increases the value of the player traded, gets a better draft pick and resigns the other 4 players under expiring contracts within the cap.

Player X has refused to resign with a team despite the coach having enough resign spots to resign them. There isn’t any other players the coach feels worth resigning so instead of trading player X at a lower value, the coach trades Player X AND a resign in order to boost the value of the player.

PO Coach needs a good player to get over the hump over a division rival, they aim for Player Y on a non playoff team with 5 resigns, PO coach overpays NP coach for the player AND the resign and makes it to the conference final! NP Coach uses the higher pick to draft a replacement for Player Y.

Rebuilding coach has 5 resigns and 4 expiring contracts on older veterans. It’s not worth resigning players like that during a rebuild so they trade all 4 players to PO Coaches with resign spots and hauls in an awesome amount of draft picks. The final resign spot they use on a young player coming off a rookie contract as part of the rebuild.
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

https://forums.operationsports.com/Mattanite/

Back to top Go down

Resign Trading Empty Re: Resign Trading

Post by Mattanite Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:13 am

So a couple of real examples:

Panthers aren't resigning WR Funchess so trade them for a lower value to the Bills (4th) without a resign but Bills also traded for Julio so Funchess doesn't do well, refuses to resign and Bills get a one year rental for a 4th. The Bills and Panthers both got good value and it was the Bills fault lowballing Funchess for the resign.

Bills are limited to 3 resigns due to some good trades getting over 85ovr and making the playoffs. They trade their starting LG after drafting his replacement to the Colts for a 4th. The Colts get good value by not trading a resign in this case as they have 5 resigns and cap room.
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:00 pm

Mattanite wrote:
Player X has refused to resign with a team despite the coach having enough resign spots to resign them. There isn’t any other players the coach feels worth resigning so instead of trading player X at a lower value, the coach trades Player X AND a resign in order to boost the value of the player.

Bad example, that's one negative consequence of this rule.

For example next season Tyreek Hill refuses to sign. So I just trade him with full value instead of losing everything. Nobody else knows I'm essentially a lame duck and could only tag him.

Of course there's another side which I find interesting. In calculator value Hill loses about 50% of his value because of contract year (2000 to 1000), so I would never trade him with value 1000. If I'm adding the resigning, it somehow becomes an option again. Don't know if that really helps weaker teams, but it would help me.
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:26 pm

ParaAUT wrote:
Mattanite wrote:

For example next season Tyreek Hill refuses to sign. So I just trade him with full value instead of losing everything. Nobody else knows I'm essentially a lame duck and could only tag him.

Of course there's another side which I find interesting. In calculator value Hill loses about 50% of his value because of contract year (2000 to 1000), so I would never trade him with value 1000. If I'm adding the resigning, it somehow becomes an option again. Don't know if that really helps weaker teams, but it would help me.
Guys don't make this so complicated.
1. Everyone has complained that 3 re-signings isn't enough. If you're a playoff team and decide to trade a resigning with a player to get better value you are more than likely letting a good player walk too.
2. At this point in the franchise its near impossible to bungle a contract extension. Add a small percentage to the requested bonus and they always accept. Hell, leave the offer exactly as requested and 90% of the time they will accept right away too. The only reason for a player to refuse negotiations is if you don't have the caproom to match his request.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:40 pm

brza37 wrote:
ParaAUT wrote:
Mattanite wrote:

Guys don't make this so complicated.
1. Everyone has complained that 3 re-signings isn't enough. If you're a playoff team and decide to trade a resigning with a player to get better value you are more than likely letting a good player walk too.
2. At this point in the franchise its near impossible to bungle a contract extension. Add a small percentage to the requested bonus and they always accept. Hell, leave the offer exactly as requested and 90% of the time they will accept right away too. The only reason for a player to refuse negotiations is if you don't have the caproom to match his request.

Unless you're Tyrod Taylor... Stubborn bank robber that one.
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down