Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
FORCED TO LEAVE  EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
FORCED TO LEAVE  EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
FORCED TO LEAVE  EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
FORCED TO LEAVE  EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
FORCED TO LEAVE  EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
FORCED TO LEAVE  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
FORCED TO LEAVE  EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
FORCED TO LEAVE  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
FORCED TO LEAVE  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

FORCED TO LEAVE

+3
Azza
brza37
xxeternalxx
7 posters

Go down

FORCED TO LEAVE  Empty FORCED TO LEAVE

Post by OneSuddenStrike Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:20 pm

I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone in here as I have been forced to leave because of some stupid nonsensical rule that allows the older members to take your team off you at the drop of a hat.
I was invited by brza to join this league as the Raiders the only team I want to play with was available and now I have been forced to leave because an older member decides they want to change teams.
I find this extremely biased to older members and a very unfair rule.
What should happen is if someone for some reason wants to change teams he should put his name down on a list for example A Dibs List....so people wanting a team can put their name down and if the team in question becomes available then the guy who is top of the list gets to take that team.
I mean its mental that a few of the senior members who are already with their team of choice decide they want someone's else's team and they get them.
Anyway I'm done...

OneSuddenStrike
OneSuddenStrike
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

FORCED TO LEAVE  Empty Re: FORCED TO LEAVE

Post by xxeternalxx Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:37 pm

You drafted your team and were then forced out of it?
xxeternalxx
xxeternalxx
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by OneSuddenStrike Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:40 pm

I was owner of the Raiders since last year and was told I can't have them because an older member decide they want to change teams.

Sent from Topic'it App
OneSuddenStrike
OneSuddenStrike
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by xxeternalxx Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Ahh I see. I guess we all essentially "lose" our teams from year to year and have to hope they are still available when we're on the clock to draft.
xxeternalxx
xxeternalxx
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by OneSuddenStrike Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:48 pm

That's not how it should be ...draft ???
Older member gets to pick anyone he wants it's a joke.

OneSuddenStrike
OneSuddenStrike
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Hey bud!
There's a team draft each year with multiple factors for the draft order, mainly time in the league. So not everyone keeps his team or better most change. 
Don't know your draft position but it seems Raiders were gone when you picked. Just pick a team and play in the league. Had always good games against you, wouldn't be happy to lose you. 

If you only want Raiders, then sorry. Rules should be the same for everyone and most don't get their favorite team.
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by OneSuddenStrike Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:46 pm

Para thanks for the nice reply I was not aware that there was a team draft I certainly would have raised this issue when I was invited. It is a stupid and grossly unfair rule that allows the older members to take the team they want.
Without knowing the order braza, bish, warrior mattanite and LT would always be the top 5-6 picking their preffererd teams. I don't have a problem with that you have picked your time you want to play with why then should I lose my team to someone else who fancies a change? Why when Raiders were available did this particular individual not take them when they were available? I am not looking for any special treatment the rule is pathetic and should be changed.
Anyway as I said I don't expect anything to change so that's it ,as I said from the start I only want to play Raiders and if I was told that I could lose them to some stupid draft based on how long I was in the league I would not have joined in the first place...

OneSuddenStrike
OneSuddenStrike
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by xxeternalxx Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:21 pm

Sounds like crossed wires between you and Brza bud, I don't think there was any intent to mislead you. 

We're a full league, barring a miracle it's impossible for everyone to get the team they support, there's plenty of people in the same boat as you.
xxeternalxx
xxeternalxx
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by OneSuddenStrike Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:28 pm

No don't agree I was not told i might lose the team in a draft that favours 100% the older members how is that fair in any case. I was invited by brza to join this league as the Raiders so don't see how any wires were crossed misled maybe.
OneSuddenStrike
OneSuddenStrike
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:45 pm

OSS we are entering our 7th year of running this league and have always had a team draft. When you were a part of the league years ago it was the same way. I understand you are upset not having your favorite team but I assumed you would know this because you were part of the league before and its posted in the league signups thread where you re-joined the league at. You posted that you only wanted to join if/when the Raiders are available so I wrote you as soon as that happened for M18. Like I said privately i am sorry that the Raiders are taken but this is the way the league has always worked. I hope you'll reconsider and take on another team and remain with us.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneSuddenStrike Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:27 pm

Brza again I repeat I had no idea that there was a team draft and for the record it is ridiculous that there is such a thing it only allows for the senior members to keep their teams.
Yes I did post only if i could be with the Raiders ..so now another member decided he wants my team and because he is in here longer than me he gets them! I repeat why didn't he take them when they were available? And having said from the beginning I only want to play as Raiders why would I play as anyone else now ?
The rule is unfair and I can't understand why know else has a problem.....ah perhaps because they already have the teams of preference.
Anyway sorry to go on but I am not staying as if maybe the team I pick this year could be taken away again next year
OneSuddenStrike
OneSuddenStrike
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Azza Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:05 pm

OSS - This league has a draft every year, nobody gets to keep a team, are you confusing this league with NFLUK league, as they have different rules?

Go the Raiders in an offline franchise for practice and play with a team in SMLE that is available, problem solved as its just a game after all. 

I find it more ridiculous that you think you can just pick a team that you want.  There are 32 players in the league, sadly there is no way we will all get the teams we want.

Although Braza offered me Eagles for $100 on paypal, but was too high a price this time......

ps that might not be true  Twisted Evil
Azza
Azza
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by OneSuddenStrike Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:11 am

It seems that we are missing the point, of course if your team has been picked fair enough and rules are rules. What I am saying is I honestly didn't know that after each season there is draft with the teams.My mistake perhaps,but the fact of the matter is if you have been in this league let's say from the beginning you do not lose your team unless you want too. My point was I asked for the Raiders was told their unavailable then after some time get a message that their available.i took them I had no idea that I could lose them end of the year. Why then does someone who is supposed to have been here longer not take them when they were available.My complaint is the rule is unfair to all except the guys who have been here the longest not anything I can do to change it.
Thanks for the replies

OneSuddenStrike
OneSuddenStrike
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:03 am

The only reason you got the opportunity for Raiders last year, was that Bigjimmy picked them in the draft at 7 or 8 and left after a few weeks. As it's not encouraged to change teams mid-season and you had already asked, it was your turn. Safe to say if there was a chance earlier, I would have picked Raiders or possibly another one too.

The main factor for team draft order is seasons played, especially Madden 18 in this case. All teams picking in top 20 were active all 4 seasons and rightfully deserve to pick a team earlier - and possibly even their favorite teams if available. Unfortunately you have been active only for about 2 seasons or less I think, so it wouldn't be fair to let you pick earlier in my view. I hope you understand that. League membership and active participation in the league will be rewarded and that's how it should be.

I think it's disrespectful against the commissioners and the other league members if you say your are forced to leave. If it's your decision alone and you only want to play as Raiders, then don't say anyone forced you to leave.
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by dwevans Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:57 pm

There are much better teams than the Raiders like the Chiefs, Broncos, Chargers and 49ers. Count yourself lucky I guess and hopefully one of those other ones become available. Twisted Evil

In all seriousness, most leagues operate a draft system based on different parameters. All drafts are fair to one population and unfair on others. That is how they work. This seems like your misunderstanding, but there has been a lot of information and discussion both here and on Telegram so it should come as no surprise.
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by OneSuddenStrike Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Ok appreciate the message,I am in another league and have been in 3 or 4 over the years this is onlybleague I know that has a draft for selecting the teams after each Madden.
I travel a lot so admit miss a lot of the info, but would not have joined knowing that every year I may be changing teams because someone fancies my team and has he has been in the league longer will always get his choice. Anyway as I said Raiders or nothing...but even that is not worth as it most likely will get taken off me in the silly draft.
OneSuddenStrike
OneSuddenStrike
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by FraserOliver17 Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:59 am

Raiders were available quite late in this draft....maybe could have had a shot at them tbf. But who knows eh?
FraserOliver17
FraserOliver17
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by FraserOliver17 Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:08 am

EAFL is so dull. literally zero crack in there. best reply to non tagged comments directed at you within a couple of hours or else you get put on AP
FraserOliver17
FraserOliver17
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by OneSuddenStrike Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:14 am

dam really ????????
OneSuddenStrike
OneSuddenStrike
Rookie
Rookie