Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Communication EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Communication EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Communication EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Communication EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Communication EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Communication EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Communication EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Communication EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Communication EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Communication

4 posters

Go down

Communication Empty Communication

Post by Hiero1994 Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:52 pm

Hello guys,

I just want to talk about the communication process. 
I think that we could find an easier way for the game scheduling and communication.
There are very useful apps which could make this thing easier/faster. (e.g.: telegram,groupme or slack)
I don't have a problem with the game scheduling, I'm just curious what your thoughts about this topic.
Furthermore, it could help to create a better community.

Have a nice day. Smile
Hiero1994
Hiero1994
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Communication Empty Re: Communication

Post by Bishbosh1985 Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:16 pm

Hey bud

This is a topic that has cropped up several times over the past few years - and the answer is still valid. Basically, the game thread in here is for when things don't go right and the committee have to make a decision. In other words, any disputes, game awards, trades, ideas etc need to be transparent - apps would not achieve this balance.

Whether a group app could be used for purely 'chat' purposes could be debated, but, the likely outcome of that would be that factions would (unintentionally) isolate themselves from league comms.

It's a complex issue - and you young guns need to respect the wisdom of the ancient guys like BigJim and me, i only ever used a smart phone once, never again - it went like this:- 
A 21 year old girl offered me sex if i advertised homeware cleaning products to my friends, naturally i refused as i have very high moral standards and strong will power. Just as strong as Ajax, the ultra strength bathroom cleaner that is now available in scented lemon and vanilla.
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:22 pm

I think the scheduling threads are not bad.

But I like the idea of a chat channel somewhere, I think that should really improve communication. Would be funny just to comment some results, trades, etc. directly and just chat a bit. Personally I don't like the PS4 chat, so I would definitely prefer a chat channel somewhere else - don't mind if groupme, whatsapp,..
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:09 am

Seems that a chat seems not to be too important for most people Wink

Maybe one question on my side (due to being new): How did you handle the drafts in the past? I could imagine that on draft day a chat would be great - and the PSN chat is not good in my view (and it takes hours for me to type something).

Other than that we may add some other communication channels. I see that in the past there has been some more communication, stories about teams, etc. - I could really imagine that makes much more fun and it adds to the league more than just playing 1 game every 3-4 days. Maybe some more twitter usage? With some comments about league stories? Streaks and injuries? I think there would be more potential than just the players of the week tweet (not just from one person of course!).

What do you think?
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:19 am

There is a chat channel in the homepage of the forum - youshould use that on draft day! I imagine there will be a few PSN chat parties and depending on whos around and whos in with who there may or may not be room - you could always start your own PSN chat party and advertise it here to get some people in!
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Hold the front page guys, as usual - the all seeing eye (previously located in Mount Doom, Philadelphia) sees all.

There will likely be stuff open for discussion/vote very soon.
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum