Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense

5 posters

Go down

Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense Empty Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense

Post by ParaAUT Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:20 am

Hi,

I would like to discuss one topic from our rules - the hurry up offense.

Here's again the rule:

O3) Hurry Up Offense:
- All teams are allowed to run the "hurry up" offense in both two minute drill situations.
- Any team losing by 14 or more points in the 3rd quarter can run no huddle.
- Any team losing in the 4th quarter is permitted to hurry up as often as they like.

When using the hurry up offense, please allow your opponent to set their defense before snapping the ball. Purposely trying to cause offsides penalties or taking advantage of defensive AI is not allowed.

As I'm reading that fatigue in sim mode (especially with certain coach adjustments) this time is real, I would be happy if we could allow more hurry up offense. There are teams out there (in real life) using the hurry up offense as an offensive weapon, not just in two minute drill situations or losing.

How do you think about allowing to use it sometimes in normal game situations? For example I see good matchups for my offense and I want to take advantage of it. So quite likely the defense has to react and adjust or call a timeout. This would be quite sim for me. Of course it shouldn't be the offense all game long, but sometimes it would make sense.

How do you think about that?
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense Empty Re: Rule discussion: Hurry Up Offense

Post by Bartell Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:19 am

ParaAUT wrote:As I'm reading that fatigue in sim mode (especially with certain coach adjustments) this time is real

Suppose we wont know until we have played a season? Surely best to review after a season if its needed?

Leave as is for now for me
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:31 am

Suggestions are always good, and this one is worthy of discussion.
However, bear in mind the hurry up offense at any time idea is a tricky one and lands squarely in the grey area of debate, because outside of the 2 min warnings different players will have different ideas on what is 'sim' regarding frequency. It's not a rule we could control easily because of this grey area and that is an issue. If for example we determined '4 times max per game' was ok, that would take away the main reason for introducing it - namely to react and gain a perceived advantage given certain circumstances.

Tricky one for me.
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:34 pm

The problem with hurry up for me is not that its unrealistic to use, some teams use it very frequently or even every play during Chip Kelly's reign of terror. The problem is the way hurry-up is implemented in Madden. Players get back to the line way to quickly.
In the Chip Kelly era his teams would snap the ball with an average of 23 seconds on the playclock. In Madden it is possible to snap with 35+ seconds on the playclock using hurry-up, so it puts an unrealistic amount of stress on the defense and can lead to offsides penalties. In the past teams could also do this all game with very little fatigue. I haven't checked how much the fatigue factor has been improved in M18 though.

But my major gripe is the speed with which you can return to the line and snap the ball. Whats mind-boggling is that in NCAA Football 14 they had the no-huddle offense down perfectly. Players lined up at realistic tempos not this superspeed burst that Madden has. NCAA even had varying speeds of no-huddle (true hurry-up and no-huddle set with a look over to the sidelines). The offense playcalling could also be affected as an away team depending on noise and your QBs AWR. I've even tweeted the DEVs about this about every year since NCAA 14 and they said they're looking into adding it but never have. I have no idea why Madden hasn't implemented that yet but if they did I would be the first to say allow no-huddle however much you want.

The way no-huddle works now in Madden,  I would say you have to at least let the playclock run down to 22 seconds before snapping if its not a true hurry-up situation as outlined in the current rules.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:59 pm

We don't need hurry up offense,  it's another way of stat padding too.
Play clock down to 22 seconds would prevent stat padding but who wants to sit there on defence for 13 seconds waiting for the snap....sounds boring  beat horse
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:45 am

warrior9674 wrote: beat horse

erm lol! Stop being rude with that horse! Laughing
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:07 am

I never thought about that it's too fast compared to NFL. Your argument makes definitely sense then - waiting 13 seconds until you can snape makes it senseless then.

I think if we can get good settings of quarter time and clock run-off, then it should be fine. Online H2H is just crazy this year with 5-min quarters and 20-sec run-off as you can easily have one drive for 1,5 quarters. Should work differently in the league, so I'm fine.
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down