Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Max Contract Extensions per Team - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Max Contract Extensions per Team - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Max Contract Extensions per Team - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Max Contract Extensions per Team - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Max Contract Extensions per Team - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Max Contract Extensions per Team - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Max Contract Extensions per Team - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Max Contract Extensions per Team - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Max Contract Extensions per Team - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Max Contract Extensions per Team

+3
zill_kills
dwevans
FraserOliver17
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Max Contract Extensions per Team - Page 2 Empty Re: Max Contract Extensions per Team

Post by dwevans Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:54 pm

I thought 2 is the minimum, so it makes no difference for the Pats.

I accept you made those changes but if you are suggesting you were cutting players and checking to make sure your OVR was under 84 before advance then does that not imply the time it was being taken was week 1 of regular season anyway?

If things had been a little clearer I would have made some different moves in the offseason by cutting Munnerlyn before the draft and one or more of Stewart, Thomas Davis Sr or Ryan Kalil but there was no clear plan.

I'll go with whatever is decided, but I do think doing it when every team has a 53 man roster is the fairest time, especially when it wasn't clear during the offseason.
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Max Contract Extensions per Team - Page 2 Empty Re: Max Contract Extensions per Team

Post by dwevans Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Also brza, someone must have updated DL since you upgraded your players this week. Jordan Howard had his injury rating increased in game for example and it is showing the correct stat (90) on DL. This is why there is a difference from before advance to what you see now.
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:17 pm

I did communicate that the ratings would be from regular season week 1 a few times. But I could not take into account that the ratings would randomly go up or down after advancing. That is whats at question here. Is it fair that teams planned ahead and due to randomness of Madden and/or DL were bumped into a different re-signing bracket?
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dwevans Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:30 pm

The Falcons would have gone up because of auto progression (4 weeks) and maybe one or two other teams were the same if they left this on.

The opening post states between 2-6 resignings so the Pats are immune despite OVR increasing to 90.

The only teams affected in reality are:

Bills (lose 1
Eagles (lose 1)*
Redskins (lose 1)
Jets (gain 1)

*Of these 4, the Eagles were the only team that didn't make the playoffs and you stated that they were 83 before advance. If you said you were 83 and then went up to 84 then I believe you. Redskins may or may not have been but I doubt the Bills were as they wouldn't have jumped up two in one week. My guess is they were 84 and then went up to 85 or were 85 even before advance. 

The fairest thing would be to take ratings as we have them documented from week 1, and because of the delay in documenting these assume the Eagles OVR was 83 but also that the Bills and Redskins were 84 or greater. Both of those teams made the playoffs so that seems like a fair assumption.

I hope that sounds agreeable to all.
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:47 pm

I think we should stick to non playoff, playoff and championship teams. Its simple and it works.
If to look at it the logical way if we are looking at the OVR than I would side with DW but only if stupid shit like what Brza is writing about didn't happen. Because your team is fully made by reg season week 1 not in pre season and that is why thats when it should get taken.

Maybe another solution is to look at the overalls in game and not use DL?
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Location : believeland! No! the one with the star on the helmet

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:48 pm

One could quit the league and rejoin and take all overalls quickly
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Location : believeland! No! the one with the star on the helmet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:24 pm

brza37 wrote:Also the Pats going from 2 to just 1 resigning through no action between the last cut and the Team OVR change is pretty harsh as well.

2? 1?

SHIT - you're joking right?
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Also DL is different to the in game OVR (players at times and teams) Im sure I'm only 89 there when i played Phins although I could be wrong
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 pm

I did message Brza recently about my resigns as I'd like to know what I have - I was honestly believing I'd have 3 however if its only 2 then I need to know if its 1 i'll say that now that 1 will be utter bullshit
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:38 pm

It won't be 1 Bartell. We set a minimum of 2 even with all the subtractions you have for Championship Round and Team OVR 90.
The random changes in Team OVR have thrown a wrench in the works and we're thinking over possible solutions. Should have it final by tonight though.

@Zill, I wouldn't recommend quitting the league each season to view Team OVRs as it would cause you to lose all your Coach XP, Coach level and Coach packages. Madden Team OVRs are also less transparent than DL so its not a great option either.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:41 pm

brza37 wrote:It won't be 1 Bartell. We set a minimum of 2 even with all the subtractions you have for Championship Round and Team OVR 90.
The random changes in Team OVR have thrown a wrench in the works and we're thinking over possible solutions. Should have it final by tonight though.

@Zill, I wouldn't recommend quitting the league each season to view Team OVRs as it would cause you to lose all your Coach XP, Coach level and Coach packages. Madden Team OVRs are also less transparent than DL so its not a great option either.

Thanks - but that means I only get 2? 

Im not sure its fair I get the same as those who progressed to the next round (SB) surely they should be 2 and playoffs/championship losing teams would get 3? It just makes more sense to me
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Bartell wrote:
brza37 wrote:It won't be 1 Bartell. We set a minimum of 2 even with all the subtractions you have for Championship Round and Team OVR 90.

Thanks - but that means I only get 2? 

Im not sure its fair I get the same as those who progressed to the next round (SB) surely they should be 2 and playoffs/championship losing teams would get 3? It just makes more sense to me

You are affected by the parity rules. You have been in the Top4 teams last season (that means -1 resigning) and you're the top team in OVR with 90 (that means -2 resignings). Even with "only" 89 it would mean -1 resigning and it would result in 2.

That helps the league to be balanced. Panthers and Browns will have 2 resignings as well quite likely, most other playoff teams just 3.
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:32 pm

There should be a difference between those in the Superbowl and those not. I achieved nothing else from what anyone else did in the playoffs on paper. Still got to post season and didn't get to SB - this is my point
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:34 pm

It's not a super duper death knell... I'll lose the ability to resign some players but I can still bid in FA. They'll just cost us slightly more than it would if we could resign. So think about who to resign in terms of who don't you want to reach the market...
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

https://forums.operationsports.com/Mattanite/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:39 pm

It was hard enough getting it down to 3 given how many out of deals. Never mind. Preparing for loss of big players and added some big names to the block
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Bartell wrote:There should be a difference between those in the Superbowl and those not. I achieved nothing else from what anyone else did in the playoffs on paper. Still got to post season and didn't get to SB - this is my point

Nobody achieved anything expect the winner of SB. Very Happy
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:26 pm

Since Team OVR is somewhat unpredictable and possibly buggy it is clearly not fair to use that in the max re-signing equation for future seasons. We looked at different options and ended up back at last year's rule of 3 re-signings with modifiers (-1 for Championship Round or +2 for non-playoff) as the simplest way to balance things without encouraging tanking. That change would help 9 teams but actually hurt 5 other teams while the rest stayed the same. Despite the buggy Team OVR which negatively impacted 4 teams, if we changed to a system that negatively impacted 5 other teams that would be equally unfair.
So, in order to ensure that nobody is negatively affected by the Team OVR bug or a change in the system we decided to use both systems this season. We will take the average of the 2 systems and roundup. Basically, everyone will get the better number out of the 2 systems. This method also leads to a relatively similar amount of total re-signings so the free agent pool should be just as deep without anyone losing a re-signing due to the change.  

After this season we will leave Team OVR out of the equation and switch to the new system, 3 re-signings with modifiers (-1 for Championship or +2 for non-playoff). Another benefit of this is everyone will know exactly how many re-signings they'll have for the following season before the offseason starts.

I hope everyone can live with this solution.

Below is the full list of Max Contract Extensions/Re-Signings per team:
Max Contract Extensions per Team - Page 2 S24-ma12

Last edited by brza37 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : EDIT: Another benefit of this is everyone will know exactly how many re-signings they'll have for the following season before the offseason starts.)
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Cheers Brza, good effort! Do the Jets have 6 players they want to resign???
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:10 pm

Just for the record I'm still disappointment i'm only at 2 not 3. 

Doesn't make a difference and I'm not expecting anyone to care. Just want it known.
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:18 pm

The original rule that was made known before team selection also had you at only 2 re-signings. I'm not sure why you thought you would have 3 since you made it to the AFC Championship and already had an 88 OVR team to start the franchise.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:23 pm

TBF it might have been - i didn't expect to make playoffs so thought 4 maybe lol then hoped even in playoffs I'd get 3 (so didnt see the 2 thing) 

I still dont see the difference between playoffs/championship - maybe cos I feel im losing a resign lol
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:37 pm

@Bartell is not used to this winning business. Your fault for getting good haha (jk)
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2