Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Need some help from coaches EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Need some help from coaches EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Need some help from coaches EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Need some help from coaches EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Need some help from coaches EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Need some help from coaches EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Need some help from coaches EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Need some help from coaches EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Need some help from coaches EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Need some help from coaches

3 posters

Go down

Need some help from coaches Empty Need some help from coaches

Post by GhettoBiggie Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:02 pm

First of all, if I posted under wrong category, please move it to the correct one Smile

Rams are struggling passing the ball and I'm not sure if Goff is so bad or I'm doing something wrong. Here are few examples:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/242825914?t=22m27s
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/241685550?t=04m51s
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/238443335?t=13m56s

As I'm new to the league, I kinda figured that sliders are set in a way that running is way to go here comparing to other sim leagues, but am I doing something wrong when passing. I still don't have good reference as I played against Cam, Big Ben, Stafford, Rivers in previous weeks. All good passers.

I would also like to run the ball, but having to throw on 3rd down there is a fifty-fifty chance I miss my receiver by mile  smile popcorn

And so I like to pass on 2nd down, at least Goff has two chances to complete a pass... I'm playing madden for 3 months so I'm not pro here, but I also think I'm not 3-31 and 3-38 bad  scratch

p.s. I'm not a native English speaker, so pardon my mistakes
https://youtu.be/JSHkYQoH4EE?t=54
GhettoBiggie
GhettoBiggie
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Need some help from coaches Empty Re: Need some help from coaches

Post by dwevans Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:25 pm

I really like that you're asking this and reviewing your games. It will serve you well. 

The first two clips were definitely the right reads and maybe the 3rd too if you had waited a fraction longer.

I'm not 100% on this, but i do think it helps slightly to step up into the pocket rather than remain flat footed. I think you get slightly better chances as long as you're not stepping into pressure. You were unlucky with most of those though.

The sliders aren't overly favourable for the run and are in fact pretty favourable to the pass, but if you can get a good run game going it will inevitably allow you to either stay in games or close games out more effectively.

p.s. the Panthers are an outstanding team so 38-3 was actually a good result. Wink
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:17 pm

First, really good idea to ask! If you're playing for only 3 months, you are really on a good way. No need to be sad now, I was way behind that status after this time.

Rushing and passing is quite balanced in our league, I think. The good teams just tend to run more as it's usually safer and it's possible to control the clock. If you pass only 5 times each game, you don't have so many chances for throwing interceptions. You can win with passing too.

For passing I'm sure you'll find a few useful guides online. Definitely, most QB's are not accurate for every pass - especially your first video is just bad luck, but happens sometimes. Only the few really great QB's (e.g. Brady) are quite safe, but others just miss sometimes. There are a few games, where the QB just misses many passes - maybe Clutch trait? - and others, where every pass is completed. I find it quite helpful to use some short safer passes to get into rhythm. I don't know if it's just my rhythm or if there is a hidden trait like QB confidence.
Another part is definitely the receiver for me - and that's training with the team. I'm used to my receivers here and know how they move. In another league I have Kelvin Benjamin and I'm just missing him, because he's not there where I expect the speedy Hill. So I have to play to the team's strenghts and get used to it.

May not come with 3 months and one part is building your team over several seasons like you want it to.
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum