Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2

+6
Pooky18
Bishbosh1985
MeisterEder69
brza37
jensua
Scoop_McLeak
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2

Post by Scoop_McLeak Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:29 am

First up, my growing list of adoring readers i would just like to point out that this is the Christmas report. Why - i hear my underwear throwing fans ask, surely there's another week of games before Christmas day? Well, in the finest traditions of this festive time of year i will offer NO goodwill to the overpaid, under skilled, bloated on their own importance owners who have, in their wisdom (there's a laugh) decided that opening red socks and unwanted gifts from people who don't even like you is more important than the SML. Bah, humbug. So, to the matter at hand -

PACK SMACK MEOWING LIONS. FINS ON A ROLL. TEXANS ARE ..... TEXANS

Ok, intelligence test for you - Browns 53, Bengals 67, Packers 75, Patriots 76. Notice anything unusual about the aforementioned points scored? Of course you have - how have the Browns managed 53 pts (my little joke there) no, the real extraordinary issue is THE PACK DID IT IN ONE GAME!!!!!

OMG, strike me down with a Sam Hurd Christmas parcel! 75-14 Green Bay over the Detroit Kittens! Was Suh temporarily nice? The 8 foot Megatron caught only 1 pass! What is going on - could it be Matt Stafford had a bad luck day posting a QB rating of 24.8, or maybe the Dairy Product Gods visited. Smiler Rodgers was 15/22/248 and 5 td's, aided by another flash of genius by Mr Grant 12/156 and 2 td's with the D chipping in with 5 sacks. The Lions, well, a season that was showing a lot of promise just got hung, drawn and quartered by the unbeaten pack. Bench Megatron i say!

The Miami Dolphins have come unstuck and have lost 2 on the bounce. They will still win the AFC East as their only real possible threat of the Patriots have started real slow and are 4 wins behind and we're not even at the half-way stage yet. Following a dramatic loss to the Eagles the Fins were undone by Chad 'the disaster waiting to happen' Henne. It came today. His 11/22/126/1 td was overshadowed by his 5 int's. The emerging Cowboys held Cobie (you can hear AP laughing from here) Ross to 87 yards and a td on 23 carries. Looking forward to the Cowboys v Eagles in a few weeks time!

The Houston win streak continues - its 6,482 now with the Titans being the latest punchbags in a 37-21 stroll. To be honest, i'm disappointed they only scored 37 as they had the ball for 26 minutes. Fossie did the damage with 35/154/2 td's but CJ reminded us all of his explosive ability with 10/104/2 td's. The 5 turnovers didn't help.

There were easy wins for the Ravens, Vikes (all hail the purple God) Bears and Rams. Tight W's for the Cards, Saints and Panthers and a shocker for the Raiders going down to the Bolts 31-10 - that's gotta sting! Finally, a reminder to all that one week you can be flying high and the next - you're doing a Cleveland impression. Even though the Eagles won a 9 point extravaganza 6-3 against the Seattle Seahorses it just goes to show when the management take their foot off the gas the players come to a halt!

Have a fantastically mundane holiday and please send all donations to Scoop McCleak, SML House, SML Land, SML. Just make sure they're bottle shaped. Altogether now: Jingle bells, jingle bells ...............................
Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2

Post by MeisterEder69 Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:19 am

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE SCOOOOP!!!
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrak Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:02 pm

I enjoy every round up scoop! Keep up the good work.
Adrak
Adrak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pooky18 Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:47 am

great round up scoop! happy christmas everyone!!!! keep the round ups coming in the new year scoop
Pooky18
Pooky18
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop_McLeak Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:34 pm

2011 is coming to an end but the action in SML is just starting to heat up. We’re just about at the halfway point through this season so let’s take a look at the top performers so far this year.

MIDWAY MVP AWARDS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

With 8 weeks down and 9 to go the SML only has two undefeated teams left this season, last year’s champion Houston Texans (8-0) and the Green Bay Packers (7-0). Both teams have been nothing short of dominant this year winning by an average of 22 and 20 points per game respectively. Both teams’ QBs are the top 3 in QB rating with Raccoon Rodgers at 101.8 and Schaub with a league leading 110.2 QB Rating for the Texans.

But this season, the running game has been even more impressive. Alien Peterson has been otherworldly as usual, racking up 1196 rushing yards and 19 TDs already. But the big surprise is that Dolphins’ rookie Cobie “Phone Home” Ross is right on AP’s heels with 1111 yards and 12 TDs. Steven “Predator” Jackson is also nearing the 1000 yard mark with over 9 games left to go this season. Rounding out the out of this world offensive frontrunners is Megatron who has amassed 940 yards on 48 receptions and 11 TDs already this season.
Johnson has been a bit streaky this year putting up as many 200 yard games this season, three, as games under 50 yards. Only a couple teams have been able to find a way to stop Ross and they both reside in the NFC East, Cowboys and Eagles. But because nobody has found AP’s kryptonite yet he is my odds-on favorite for league MVP. A big game in the Vikes-Pack rematch later on this season could determine which way the voters go.

On the dark side of the ball, DTs Gerald McCoy and Ndamukong “Fair Play” Suh have been making life hell for opposing QBs, racking up 12 and 11 sacks respectively. After a slow start though DeMarcus BeWare has been a terror in his on right, collecting 45 tackles 6 sacks and 2 FFs. Someone that seems to have been overlooked so far but is on a record breaking pace is Tramon “Sticky Fingaz” Williams with 8 INTs. But I think so far I’d have to give the midway DMVP to David Harris who has done it all while racking up 47 solo tackles 4 INTs, 3 sacks and a FF. Luckily for the rest of the league Harris is out for a while with a broken leg.

And from the young-uns, actually they’re all whippersnappers to me, but their have been some impressive diaper dandies this year. Of course Ross is my midway ROY but Eagles LB Daniel Rucker has also been very impressive. He has toughened up what was a really soft Philly midsection while leading all rookies in solos 30 and sacks 4. Through the air, the speedsters Delency Kilgo of Houston and Torrey Sanders of Tennessee have also impressed, both averaging over 26 yards per catch. DeMarcus Miles is also getting it done in Zona while racking up 407 yards and 6 TDs.

So, that’s where we stand at the midway point. I wish you all a happy new year. Try not to lose a digit while shooting off fireworks or operating heavy machinery or whatever it is you like to do while under the influence.
Until next year, this is Scoop McLeak.

Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:29 am

Nice Text Scoop.

and by the way

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SCOOP MCLEAK

hope you had a great party at the Playboy Mansion.
LTown27ers
LTown27ers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:34 am

i love it scoop
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop_McLeak Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:49 pm

As we enter week 12 the playoff race is starting to crystallize, so I thought I’d give you all the scoop on who would be where if the playoffs started today.

PLAYOFFS?! YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS?!

Lets start with the AFC since we’re seeing some familiar faces over there. The Superbowl Champion Houston Texans haven’t lost a game since October … of 2011!! That puts them in pole position in the AFC once again and looking ahead at their schedule they have a very good chance of going, dare I say it, 16-0.
Sitting in position for the second seed in the AFC with an 8-2 record are the Texans’ 2011 AFC Championship game opponent, the Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens are led by the league’s number one scoring defense (tied of course with the dominant Texans) and Ray Rice.

The Ravens will have to work hard to maintain that 2 seed and the first round bye though because the Miami Dolphins are close behind at 7-3. The Dolphins are lead by the clear cut rookie of the year at his point, Cobie “Phone Home” Ross. Miami also has a much easier strength of schedule for its remaining 6 games so I predict they have the inside track for that first round bye despite being behind right now.

In the AFC West its really anyone’s chance right now but the Chiefs have a slight edge with their dominating 5-5 record. The Raiders at 4-6 could be able to steal it down the stretch though.

Rounding out the AFC are the Steelers and Jets both at 6-4. But there are plenty of teams still in the hunt like the Titans, Bills, Bengals Colts and even the Patriots.

In the original conference the race is much tighter at the top. Five of our top seven (7 of the top 10) teams in the power rankings hail from the NFC which should tell you something about the competition over there. The Green Bay Packers, another undefeated team, sit in the number one spot in the NFC race. They are led by a high powered offense and the record pace of Tramon “Sticky Fingaz” Williams (10 INTs). But the Pack is closely followed in their own division by the 9-1 Vikings and AP2k who is on a record setting pace of his own (1720 yards 25 TDs). Their week 13 matchup against each other could determine who gets the Norse division championship and who will have to fight it out on the road in the wild card round.

The second seed is also hotly contested between two bitter division rivals. D-Ware and his 8-2 Cowboys currently hold the tiebreakers over 8-2 Philly but the two have yet to play each other this season. The true battle for the NFC East starts this week as the Eagles travel to Dallas this week. Both teams will look to rebound after disappointing upset losses last week.

The 7-3 Rams are currently in position for the third seed in the NFC behind a strong season from Steven Jackson. But the Cards could give them a battle down the home stretch as they trail by only one game.

The NFC does have a weak division though and currently the 5-5 Falcons would steal a fourth seed and home game if the season ended today. The 5-5 Saints and 4-5-1 Panthers will most likely be in the hunt for the division title until the very end though. The 6-3 Lions may also have an outside chance at a Wildcard berth but right now the final two Wildcard spots filled by the 9-1 Vikings and 8-2 Eagles may be tougher than or just as tough to reach as an outright division championship.

And here's the complete playoff big picture as of the end of week 11:

Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2 - Page 2 SML-PlayoffOutlookW12

I expect that picture to change drastically by the end of the year. There is still time to get last minute deals done before the trade deadline this week. There are also collar bones to be broken that could also change the balance of power in the coming weeks. And some teams just start to start to choke when the finish line draws near.

Check back next week to get all the news on week 12’s big matchups, trades, bad breaks and epic chokes.
Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Nice one Scoop - just one thing - you didn't mention Da Bears!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:40 am

nice1!!!
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Pooky18 Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:31 pm

another great round up!!!
Pooky18
Pooky18
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop_McLeak Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:42 am

VIKES GET REVENGE & TITANS CONTINUE LATE PUSH.

As highlighted in my recent expert analysis of the SML playoff picture, the contenders are pretty set in the NFC and seeding is the prize currently at stake. The AFC is a little tighter as last years heartbreak team The Titans seem keen on torturing their fans once again. For those of you with short memories, Tennessee cruelly missed the post season on a tie-breaker and after starting this season 2-4 have gone 5-1 in the last 6 games - their only loss to the powerful Dolphins could prove to be crucial. With 4 to play Tennessee (7-5) will likely have to win at least 3 to pip the Jets (7-5) and Steelers (8-4) however, that's not going to be easy! Lurking around the corner with a big bag of hurt are the unbeaten Texans trying to go all perfect on us, and the bruising Ravens led by a re-invigorated Joe Flacco.

Week 12 threw up some fab performances - Ravens Corey Redding nailed Tom Brady 6 times in a 22-13 win. The other highlight of this game (well, for everyone else in the SML) was Ray Rice's ACL snapping after gaining 105 yds in the 1st half! Shame! Can korey Sheets step up - hmmmmm........ New owner lolly watched his 49ers shut out the Giants - Devonte Dickerson got real friendly with Eli and accepted 2 of his 5 int's graciously. The Miami Rossfins edged the Skins 28-21 with Cobie running for 119 yds and a brace of td's. The Pack are getting a bit nervy it would seem as Old Smiler Rodgers has started throwing the ball away - to DB's! After a narrow 16-13 defeat of the Cards Coach Adrak will undoubtedly be looking to get his star QB back to normal soon by taking him to one side, sitting him down, and SCREAMING AT HIM (at least, thats what i'd do!). The Eagles have suffered a major disappointment just at the wrong time - Coach Brza is on IR and is forced to allow the Sim Gods to determine his post season chances, losing to the Boys 45-14 didn't help - as the Eagle D could not stop Felix and co in a near 500 yard game. The Texans and Vikes romped over the Colts and Falcons, the Rams squeaked by the Hawks 20-17 and the Titans won a shootout with the Saints 40-28.

In week 13 the Vikings took bloody revenge in a smashing of the faltering Pack 49-7 in a race for the NFC top seed. Both are 11-1 and it will come down to a tie-break to split them by the looks of things. Minnesota continue to light up the leader boards with AP apparently already having wrapped up the rushing MVP and Ponder also atop the passing charts (Not to mention the rampant Osi and, Kev 'the Monster' Williams). Can we assume Coach didn't do enough yelling at Aaron after another int laden game? At least the leagues leading WR Greg Jennings is still on fire! There were easy wins for Baltimore, Houston (no way!) and the Fins and close victories for Dallas, Tennessee and St Louis - another playoff bound team who seem to be losing focus just at the wrong moment.

So, to week 14's two big games: Minnesota v Chicago where the Bears re-building programme will look to gather momentum - its a lose-lose situation for Da Bears who will not want to help the Pack either! And, as previously mentioned the Titans, with their league leading stud TE Jamie Brooks travel to Baltimore - lets face it, Tennessee are effectively already playing playoff football!

So, there you are my swelling little fan club - until next week. But i shall leave you with my 'Hot & Cold' summary: HOT - Vikings and Texans (no way!), COLD - Pack & Rams.

Which one will the Titans be next week ............
Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Good stuff once again Scoop. But the Eagles aren't leaving anything to chance anymore. Coach Brza has been on the sidelines the past two weeks against doctor's orders.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Good to hear you're back Brza - what do Doc's know anyway? They told me i was insane before i took on da Bears!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Haha, the jury is still out on your move to Chicago Bish.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Next season will see the re-birth of the 85 Bears. Defense will win a championship. Nothing fancy, just mean defenders smashing mouths. Teams will be simmin' games to avoid injuries and mental pressure the Bears will be exerting. In the not too distant future there will be no wars............. but there will be ............... monsters ............................

either that or a crap team lol

Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:59 pm

nice recap again and again
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop_McLeak Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:55 pm

AS PLAYOFFS NEAR, ACTION IS HEATING UP!

It’s Scoop McLeak here once again to give you the complete rundown on MLB action. Our big game in Week 14 featured Tennessee versus the Baltimore Orioles. Tennessee was led to a thrilling 6-0 victory by Rob “My Sharona” and his two three-run homeruns… wait that wasn’t a baseball game?! Wow, what a bore that must have been but it could prove to be a big win for the Tennessee Titans’ playoff chances.

In another field goal fest in San Francisco, the 49ers bested the Cowboys in a strange score of 15-11. The 49ers run defense was stifling, holding the Cowgirls to just 17 rushing yards on 14 carries. And the Dallas defeat gave Philadelphia a little bit of hope in the NFC East division race.

Philly used Dallas’ misstep in San Francisco to close the gap as they went on to defeat the Panthers 37-18. The Birds were up 31-0 with 2 minutes to play in the first half when they put the game on cruise control. The Panthers were able to come up with a couple big plays to close the gap but this game was never really close as the Gang Green defense dominated with 8 sacks led by their rookie phenom Daniel Rucker who had 3 sacks of his own and a forced fumble which was returned 85 yards by Cullen “Fleet Foot” Jenkins! Seriously Carolina?! You wanna tell me nobody could catch 300 pound Jenkins from behind? Jenkins did not return to the game until the fourth quarter after that play due to extreme exhaustion. A tank of oxygen and a couple cheesesteaks cured his ills though. The lack of effort led to a coaching shake up in Carolina though. And new Head Coach Flashmore seems to be ready to turn things around down there.

Finally in Week 14 the 2-11 Chicago Bears took on the 12-1 Vikings in what many thought would be a blowout. The Bears gave Minnesota a real run for their money though in a 20-10 loss. The Bears’ D held the league’s leading passer Christian Ponder to under 150 yards and picked him off 3 times. They didn’t have as much luck against Alien Peterson though as he was able to run for 133 yards and 1 TD, however that is well below his average in this record-breaking year. In the end though, the Bears had no answer to Kevin “The QB Monster” Williams. Cutler was running for his life most of the day as Williams racked up 4 sacks and a forced fumble while yelling “Me want QB!” all afternoon.

In Week 15, The Titans kept their playoff hopes alive and found their offense again as they smoked the Cleveland Browns 31-10. The outstanding rookie Torrey Sanders led the way for Tennessee with 184 yards and a TD. That kid has got “Get away from the cops speed” and if it wasn’t for a slow start he’d be in my running for Offensive Rookie of the Year.

The Ravens also refound their offense and helped the Titans’ chances of making the playoffs by lighting up the Steelers 38-24. They relied heavily on Anquan Boldin who racked up 9 catches for 149 and a TD. With Ray Rice done for the year they may have to lean on the passing game more heavily down the stretch too. But please someone tell Flacco that the Fu Manchu will not help his team make the Super Bowl.

In other news, somehow the lowly Redskins tied the New York Jetsetters 14-14 which will make the AFC Wildcard race that much more interesting. The Vikings, Packers and Texans dominated as usual winning by a combined 131-25. The Texans head into the last two games still undefeated. But they will have a tough challenge for their perfect season hopes in Week 16 when they travel to Nashville to take on the hungry Tennessee Titans.

So let’s take a look at the SML Playoff Picture now at the end of Week 15:

Scoop's Weekly Roundup Season 2 - Page 2 Sml-pl11

There’s no change at the top as the Texans, Rams and Ravens all clinched their division. The Packers, Vikings, Cowboys and Eagles all clinched playoff berths however the seeding and division titles are all still up for grabs. Meanwhile, the Titans have jumped from the outside looking in to the fifth seed in just two weeks. The Panthers under new Head Coach Flashmore got a win and a little help from the Bucs and Falcons to jump into the 4th seed in the NFC for now.

Week 16 will feature a crucial game for the NFC East title as the Eagles host the Cowboys with a chance to even their records at 11-4. The Titans will also need to be on top of their game against the undefeated Texans to help cement their chances at the postseason. And the Panthers will need to keep winning under their new coach in order to maintain their NFC South division lead.

Check back next week for all the action.
Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:21 pm

I love it...

THX Scoop
LTown27ers
LTown27ers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Great stuff Scoop!

Quote of the week 'Me want QB' - Vikes Kev Williams.

Mr McLeak, you're a trip!!!!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:08 pm

yeah very good recap!!!
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop_McLeak Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:34 pm

TEXANS ARE PERFECT AS BIG GUNS PREPARE FOR PLAYOFFS

Here we go people! Scoop McLeak here with my round up for the final 2 games of the season as we focus on the 'do or die' time of the year. Lets get the nitty gritty out of the way before i astound you all with my predictions, insight, wit and general genius! So, to week 16:

Big game of the week saw the Titans run the 14-0 Texans close in a 35-28 Houston win. this was a lot closer than the Champs had hoped for as the teams matched each other throughout - and a hero was required to be the difference maker, CJ you ask? Arian Foster maybe? Well, no, the big plays came from Albert Haynesworth! He got his zimmer frame into top gear and registered 2 sacks and 1 FF. Who says D doesn't win championships! We at SML HQ hope inconsistent Baltimore sign Aaron Curry - purely for the headline potential with Ray Rice, however, the Rice-less Ravens nearly managed to throw an easy win in the can and ended up sneaking past the Jags 26-24 in a nail biter. Jon Stewart led the Panthers to an important 45-10 smacking of the Cards with 22/191/3 TD's as Carolina have one eye firmly fixed on post season action - not surprising with all the talent down there.The Pack crushed the Buccs 38-10 as the Rodgers and Jennings show continues to light up the scoreboards and the Eagles shut-out Dallas in a must win game restricting the 'Boys to just 68 net yards with my vote for D MVP of the season Dan "Bring Da Ruckus" Rucker inspiring the ferocious D with 2 forced fumbles and 1 of his team's 9 sacks. The powerful Vikings had a tricky one against Chicago but AP was explosive all game with 15/170/2 TD's as the Bears 'quick hit' offense countered with receivers Hester and Knox both going over 100 yards but Minnesota snared a couple of picks in the 4th to seal the win. As a side note to this contest Jay Cutler's reunion with Kristen Cavallari is on the rocks again - she has cited Cutler's intimate relationship with Vikes DT Kevin Williams as the problem. No surprise really as 8 times this season Cutler has ended up underneath Mr 'Me Want QB' Williams.

The final week placed a few teams in 'win and you're in' situations and they all duly obliged. The nervy-est game was Tennessee's 24-16 win over the Colts ensuring a new experience for the Titans was guaranteed - welcome to the playoffs! CJ did the damage with 31/225/1 TD as Locker put up a Tebow-like performance going 3-16 for 23 yards. The Vikes, Pack, Eagles, Panthers, Ravens and Rams (back on form) wrapped up easy wins and the Texans showed a sense of humour as they turned the ball over 3 times and had to endure OT in a surprisingly hard game v the Colts. Naturally, the perfect season was secured and the world was returned to normal! The 9ers season ended on a high with a solid 21-16 win over the Hawks as the new administration over there looks to the draft and a winning season next year.

And here we are - my favourite part of the season - (cue trumpets) playoff prediction time! There are many possibilities afoot, depending on various parts of the various equations: injuries, star players, gameplans and pressure to name a few, but the eagerly awaited Scoop McLeak predictions will no doubt give confidence to some and make others cry, here goes:-

AFC team to beat - here's a shocker - Tennessee!!! Yes, we have not lost our marbles here in the White Swan lounge, but i think the incredible Texans are showing signs of mental fatigue - which is only natural after the fantastic run they have been on. OT versus the Colts, narrow win versus Tennessee, a few lucky breaks along the season, it all adds up to a fall in my opinion. Add to that the difficulty in back to back SB's and i see a different name on the Lombardi Trophy this season.

NFC: This is real tricky! Who could pick between the Pack and Vikes who split their divisional games this season handing each other their only loss. The Panthers have momentum and a freshness about their play, the Eagles have Rucker, Djax, McCoy and the Rams have a rejuvenated team after their owner issues have been sorted. My choice for NFC champ is not clear but i will say this - if Adrian Peterson is not stopped the Vikes will win it all, stop him and i predict the winner will be ............. the St Greenadelphia Panthers!!!

Till next time, thank you and goodnight.
Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:35 am

hahahaha !!!! LIKE
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop_McLeak Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:20 pm

PLAYOFFS!
Scoop McLeak here to round up the action from my favorite time of year; the playoff season. So I’m gonna cut the crap and get right down to the news.

The Wild Card round was anything but wild. All the chips fell the way I predicted. The Titans beat down the Dolphins in Miami 31-13 led by speedy Chris Johnson’s 150 all-purpose yards and 2 TDs. The Chiefs used the Arrowhead Stadium homefield advantage to their … uh advantage to soundly defeat the Steelers 33-14. In the NFC, the Eagles put the clamps on the Cowgirls offense holding them to under 100 total yards as they coasted to a 24-3 win at home in Philly. The most interesting game of the wildcard round turned out to be the league favorite Minnesota Vikings in Carolina versus the Panthers. The Panthers seemed to do everything right by holding the amazing Peterson to just 39 yards while managing to run for 185 yards of their own. However, turnovers killed them in the end as the Vikes went on to win 24-14.

The Divisional Round provided a bit more excitement than the first. Despite the fact that the Ravens and Titans were both missing their top offensive performers Baltimore was the scene of a high-powered offensive shootout in round two. Kory Sheets filled in admirably for the injured Ray Rice going over 100 yards at 5 yards a clip. Behind Sheets’ legs and Joe Flacco’s strong arm the Ravens built up a 38-21 lead in the fourth but the Titans weren’t ready to give up. Jake Locker battled back with 407 yards passing and scored two TDs within the final 3 minutes. But time was not on their side as the Ravens were able to hold on and win 38-35.

In Philly the game came down to the final seconds too. The matchup between the Packers and Eagles started off with a bang. The Pack scored on their very first play from after a missed tackle from Dominique “I’m Too Pretty to Tackle and My Name is Too Long to Fit on My Back” Rodgers-Cromartie. Greg Jennings turned a simple hitch into a 79 yard TD. For him it was just the start of a huge day as he racked up 9 catches for 209 yards. The Birds bounced right back though as Desean “Action” Jackson returned the ensuing kickoff 101 yards to tie it up 7-7 less than 25 seconds into the game. Jackson would leave the game with an injury on the Eagles’ next possession though which was a big loss for his offense. Rookie Dallas Strong stepped up big to fill his shoes gaining 112 yards on 5 catches including a 69 yard TD which put his team up by 5 with 1:34 left. But for “Ice Cold” Aaron Rodgers that was way too much time. Rodgers had been picked off twice during the day and even fumbled once at his own 1 yard line (the Packers recovered) but on the Packers’ final drive he was nearly flawless. Rodgers led his team down the field finding Greg Jennings time and time again until they were inside the 10 yard line. Down by 5 nothing less than a TD would suffice. After nearly being picked off on second down, Rodgers threaded the needle to Randall Cobb with less than 30 seconds to play. Cobb was plastered as soon as the ball hit his hands but he managed to hold on for his only catch of the night and the biggest of the game as that propelled Green Bay to a 32-29 win.

The Vikings exploded in St. Louis powered by an 8 takeaway 7 sack defensive performance. The Rams just could not hold onto the ball as they lost 4 fumbles and Sam Bradford threw the ball up for grabs too often as he tried to escape the relentless Vikings pass rush. St. Louis was able to achieve one of their keys of the game as they held Adrian Peterson to just 30 yards rushing. However, that wasn’t enough to overcome the truckload of turnovers and this game got out of hand quickly as a result. The Vikes went on to win 55-13.

In our final divisional round game, the Houston Texans remained undefeated on the year as they coasted to a 20-10 win over the Chiefs. The Texans seemed to lack focus in this game as they let the Chiefs hang around for too long however the game never seemed to be in danger.

Despite an undefeated record the Texans seem to be a bit out of sync in their past few games and will need to refocus fast in order to get past the Ravens in their AFC Championship game rematch from last year. In NFC after leading his team to a come from behind win in the final 30 seconds Aaron Rodgers and the Packers will face their bitter division rival Minnesota Vikings for a third time this season.

Check back next time to find out what went down in the Conference Championship round and SML Bowl II.
Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:33 am

Very nice again!!
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next