Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
48hrs advance EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
48hrs advance EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
48hrs advance EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
48hrs advance EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
48hrs advance EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
48hrs advance EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
48hrs advance EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
48hrs advance EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
48hrs advance EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

48hrs advance

+8
Xipie
epone
zill_kills
Bishbosh1985
brza37
Kook
davidkinghun
Hiero1994
12 posters

Go down

48hrs advance Empty 48hrs advance

Post by Hiero1994 Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:58 am

Hy everyone,
I don't know how much time do you guys have in a week, but I think we should make a poll about the 48hrs advance.
Personally the 2 games per week is a little bit slow for me.
Maybe there are some other players who has the same "issue".
I believe that everyone has 1 free hour in a week which time also suites for his opponent.
Have a nice day.
Hiero1994
Hiero1994
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

48hrs advance Empty Re: 48hrs advance

Post by davidkinghun Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:32 am

I support this idea.Two games per week is not enough for me.
davidkinghun
davidkinghun
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:09 am

I would be up for this and was thinking of posting this as well. But another thing is if the committee themselves have enough time to manage it at a quicker pace. I was thinking offering a week like this:
Sunday to Tuesday morning 1 game.
Tuesday to Thursday 1 game and Thursday to Sunday 1 game. 

I would vote for this as long as the comitte can handle the load. I would be willing to help maybe with some tasks.
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Location : believeland! No! the one with the star on the helmet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kook Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:18 am

If you look at how many games are being played at the last minute, i.e. Wednesday and Saturday, it shows that most of the times we'd have to sim 2-3 games per advance. 
I don't think that'd make a lot of sense.
It's also something where a simple majority would't be sufficient in my opinion. Even if there's a small number of people that's too busy to arrange games within 48 hours, this would already be problematic.
Kook
Kook
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:26 am

zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:30 am

@kook in all honesty some of the owners need to be reminded and the games get played sooner. I have been doing this now and again behind the scenes.
I do agree that it will add a bit more strain in real life to keep up if you are in the hunt for the post season as some things will need to start revolving around the league which sometimes is a pain from personal experience but that gap between Sunday and Thursday is a bit ling I think
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Kook wrote:If you look at how many games are being played at the last minute, i.e. Wednesday and Saturday, it shows that most of the times we'd have to sim 2-3 games per advance. 
I don't think that'd make a lot of sense.
It's also something where a simple majority would't be sufficient in my opinion. Even if there's a small number of people that's too busy to arrange games within 48 hours, this would already be problematic.
These are my thoughts exactly. We advanced Saturday at 8. We still have 2 games that need to be played. This is a regular occurence and not because people are just pushing things off to the last minute but because it is difficult to get 28 guys to coordinate their schedules for set games every 72 hours let alone 48. I'm sure it will work for a majority of the games but we will have multiple simmed games every advance if we were to try this. We advanced daily during the preseason and the result was that only about 5 games per week were actually played.

Also, a simple majority won't work. We would need to get everyone to commit to this or else we will lose members who can't commit or keep up with the schedule. Look at it this way, would your rather play 3 times per week with a half-full league or twice per week with a full league?

Personally, I couldn't play another game per week myself let alone keep up with commish duties. Even if we add more people to the committee I doubt we could keep up unless we have zero complaints or rule violations all season.

I respect that some people would like to play more often or get through seasons faster but I seriously doubt it would be possible here.

One possible compromise is advancing every 3 days. That would save us 9 days total over the course of a regular season. Although we did this in the past and people had trouble remembering when we advanced. In the end, we delayed more advances because of misunderstandings and ended up not saving time.

Another schedule I have seen some leagues do is they play 1 season then sim a season then play another. This way, team-building comes more into play and you have more time to rebuild a weak team while guys who luck out with young stacked rosters can't dominate for the whole Madden year unless they draft well and build up replacements. In those leagues there are very few real NFL players left in the league at this point though, which may be a drawback for some.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:04 pm

I was thinking about the 3 day advance also but that would complicate it as well in my opinion for coaches that are not here 24/7 like some of us. There is another option though! we could a day to a week!? Lol
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:07 pm

3 games per week is nigh on impossible to keep to - for the reasons already stated above. If you look at it from a different angle, when all games are completed in a specific week we tend to advance straight away anyhow - but how often do we advance early in a season? Not a lot. Advancing every 3 days would basically mean as we are - but with a few more sims. I'd say stick to advancing early as and when we can, within the same structure so no-one gets confused.

I think we all understand that 3 games per week is a good idea to some - and that is the reason why some guys play 2 leagues. But, like any 'group', you need a good leader and decent guys. 2 leagues doesn't always work out well long term.

I do find the 'play a season, sim a season' idea interesting. Purely for the balance of power change potential.
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Play sim sounds interesting as well except say in the first ofseason i drafted a qb which needs developing with that on season lost that hurts him and me.
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by epone Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:52 pm

Speaking from my own experience in 48 hour advance league it tends to be those who have commitments outside of Madden that suffer. I was in a 48 hour advance league for a few years before joining SML - I have to admit that seasons went much quicker and at times it was very fun to have so many seasons progress over the timespan that we manage to fit 4 or so into.

But what bothered me was a good quarter of the league was being left behind in the advance period - they weren't given an opportunity to play their games. I don't care if you're a 16-0 team or a 0-16 team you should have the opportunity to organise and then play your game - otherwise why do you participate in an online league and give it your time?

If it was a case that all games were consistently being completed within a 48 hour time period then I would think differently but as others have said it's simply not achievable at the moment. Saying that, the play 1, sim 1 idea did have me intrigued... could we look into this?
epone
epone
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Xipie Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Think the best thing out of this thread is the sim 1 year thing, definitely interested in that aspect, the 48h advance bottom line would mean for me personally that I'd have to leave the league  No
Xipie
Xipie
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by dwevans Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:54 pm

If you want to play more frequent games, join another league and mix in between the two!

Message me if you want to join another European based league. I know of three others all with spaces available.
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:35 pm

I like Mr Evans are based in more than one league. I play in total four games a week and that is enough and don't see the need to change the current schedule from a personal point of view. Also if it then dilutes the quality of support/time in the league from the commissioners then that's another reason not to change. Even going to advancing every 3 days may mean that the commissioners are under more strain over the course of a season and that would mean no benefit to anyone 

The play a seasom then sim a season maybe good but then realistically it's not going to stop the greatest players of the league been great in the seasons we play lol 

I joined another league before Christmas, last about 2 games. The setup, support and general scheme of it was shite compared to here so you wouldn't want to damage a good setup by changing things unnecessarily
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:39 pm

I really don't like the thought of simming one or any amount of seasons,  surely we are here to play the game and not sim as a head coach style of play. 
I feel like with the way madden  handles regressions the NFL players are  gone from our rosters  too soon anyway.
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigjimmyaston Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:50 pm

Stupid idea and considering the league has been going along smoothly for years based on 2 a week then why change it.

I believe it's been mentioned before but there are plenty of leagues out there where you can play more games.
Bigjimmyaston
Bigjimmyaston
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Its not about other leagues its about this one. Because it is good and clear and looked after and also because other leagues don't have this leagues rosters ect.
To be clear Im not for change or against change because to play a 3rd game in a week might be a challenge even with as much of free time that i have and do consider it an issue. But at the same time Sunday to Thursday is usually a pain to wait as well
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum