Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
CPU Cuts are awful EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
CPU Cuts are awful EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
CPU Cuts are awful EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
CPU Cuts are awful EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
CPU Cuts are awful EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
CPU Cuts are awful EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
CPU Cuts are awful EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
CPU Cuts are awful EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
CPU Cuts are awful EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

CPU Cuts are awful

+7
Notorious_MH
jensua
Bishbosh1985
RyanBendis
LTown27ers
scousebronco
brza37
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CPU Cuts are awful Empty CPU Cuts are awful

Post by brza37 Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:28 am

I just noticed how bad the CPU cuts are today after seeing on the SML twitter that the Bengals' Domato Peko 87 OVR DT and Bruce Irvin (Seahawks' first rounder last year) is an absolute beast in Madden 82 OVR DE 90 SPD and 93 PMV were picked up out of free agency today.

I understand guys signing them if they're available but players like that just shouldn't be cut under any circumstances and getting to add them on a first come first serve basis is a bit unfair imo. Unfortunately since there's no transaction list and no way to control the CPU rosters I'm not sure what we can do to counteract this sort of thing.

What do you guys think?
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

CPU Cuts are awful Empty Re: CPU Cuts are awful

Post by scousebronco Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:11 pm

IMO they should be put back on the CPU teams.

About the rest i think any 75OVR or less player with 3years in NFL that is cut by retarded CPU should be fair game to be picked up.

scousebronco
scousebronco
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:34 pm

we can make a list with players whi are not allowed to sign for the first year and after the seaskn you have to make a bid on them
LTown27ers
LTown27ers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanBendis Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi guys,

i signed Bruce Irvin last night because i searched the hole offsesaon for a rushing RE Smile. You cant see in the freeagentlist who have cut him and when and why. I wasnt online for 2 or three days. And if i didnt signed him somebody else had done it Smile. And it wasnt against the rules. And i didnt know Bruce Irvin before.

But i understand the problem.

Maybe one guy of the trade comitee can make a second PSN-Account, join the league as Seahawk HC and take Irving back to the Seahawks-Roster (after the Offseason). I would agree because in my oppinion it is important that we have good CPU-Teams for new players they will join the league.

BUT: What is with other good players they was cutting by the cpu and was taken by a Human HC? And what we do in the future? Not all cuts get a tweet. In my oppinion it is difficult to find here a good solution because the commish cant check the freeagentslist the hole time.

And the "first come first serve" rule make a lot of fun ... to compare the stats ... to find a guy who will develop your team ... and then just sign him before someone else will do it Smile

RyanBendis
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:51 pm

I like Scouses idea about guys who are rated 75 or less being fair game. On that note -

I think we need to agree on some rules that can be easily policed. I suggest as a starting point to do a second free agent draft AFTER the pre-season cuts with NO FA's allowed to be signed during pre-season after the rookie draft.

That way once the post-pre season FA (draft ) is complete any FA's left are fair game.
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:45 pm

scouses proposal seems fair.

Should i dump Peko again then?
jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Bishbosh1985 wrote:I like Scouses idea about guys who are rated 75 or less being fair game. On that note -

I think we need to agree on some rules that can be easily policed. I suggest as a starting point to do a second free agent draft AFTER the pre-season cuts with NO FA's allowed to be signed during pre-season after the rookie draft.

That way once the post-pre season FA (draft ) is complete any FA's left are fair game.

We have to remember that everyone will see a different OVR rating so that could be hard to police.

I assume what you mean by no FA signings during pre season is we do a FA draft after the college draft like we did but after that there will be no first come first served FA?
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Pooky18 Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:08 pm

scousebronco wrote:IMO they should be put back on the CPU teams.

About the rest i think any 75OVR or less player with 3years in NFL that is cut by retarded CPU should be fair game to be picked up.

This is spot on. Personally I think the players should be released and placed back on the respected teams.
Pooky18
Pooky18
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Gotta be careful here, where do you draw the line.

To release signed players cut by cpu teams is likely to cause a big old headache for Brza - cuz it would be him who sets the rules and implements it.

The more i think about it the more a 2nd 'FA Draft' seems the only way. That way even the cpu teams will bid and sign stars previously cut by cpu teams as well as human owners, so cpu teams stay reasonably attractive to future HC's (as Bendis said).

I say this season is a write-off now but going forward its the best option.

Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks for all the good suggestions.

I think the best way to do it is a combination of some of your suggestions. We'll have a free agent draft the same as we did this year before the preseason starts. During week 1 of the preseason all FAs not drafted in the FA draft can be signed.

Then we'll have a freeze on all other FA signings between Week 2 (after first cuts could possibly be made) and Week 2 of the Regular season (gives me time to put back dumb cuts on CPU teams). I don't think we'll have a need for a second FA draft if we do it this way. And there's no need to worry about varying OVRs based on scheme.

I looked through transactions and Irvin and Peko seem to be the only glaring cuts. If you guys could cut them and PM me when you do it then I'll put them back on their respective CPU teams.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:30 pm

I thnk these stud players should be released so that I can then pick them up. I think you will all agree that that is probably the best solution. I certainly can't think of a better one.
GBDawg1
GBDawg1
Rookie
Rookie

http://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scousebronco Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:47 pm

Notorious_MH wrote:
Bishbosh1985 wrote:I like Scouses idea about guys who are rated 75 or less being fair game. On that note -

We have to remember that everyone will see a different OVR rating so that could be hard to police.

I assume what you mean by no FA signings during pre season is we do a FA draft after the college draft like we did but after that there will be no first come first served FA?

All you have 2 do to check a players true OVR is look in dephtchart in game or training.

I think pre-season there should be a 2round FA draft. Then no signing FAs till after all young/good players CPU cut have been put back on there team week1 reg season.
scousebronco
scousebronco
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:03 am

damn i just thought i stumbled on a goldmine finding Irvin... Especially as it was Ryan who cut him I thought he may not realise or something. Thought I hit gold. Damn.

Now I have to cut him then right?

I'll re-sign the rookie I cut for him too lol
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanBendis Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:24 pm

hi,

i cut him last night yes Smile i tried him out in practice ... he is a beast!!!
RyanBendis
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:35 pm

cool, i will cut peko when i get the time to log on...
jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:00 pm

I put Irvin back on the Seahawks. It seems the problem was Mike Tomlin is the Seahawks coach and Irvin doesn't fit as a 3-4 DE, he's a 62OVR in that scheme. The CPU isn't programmed to turn him into an OLB. I tried to change the scheme back to 4-3 but I think as soon as I retired then the scheme and depth chart will change back to match Tomlin. I guess Irvin will be a FA next year but at least everyone will have a fair chance at him.

EA really needs to allow control over CPU coach hiring, schemes and depth charts.

Jensua let me know when you've cut Peko.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Just wow,

The level of game testing and qa is just headshaking.

I mean this is a multibillion dollar product that flat out is not tested nor been through proper qa.
I would be fired if products with these flaws leave my desk...
jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:44 pm

You should be fired anyway Laughing
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:45 pm

hahaha headhunters are calling weekly.

The dirty oil business is booming... That is all I can say....
jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanBendis Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:15 pm

brza37 wrote:I put Irvin back on the Seahawks. It seems the problem was Mike Tomlin is the Seahawks coach and Irvin doesn't fit as a 3-4 DE, he's a 62OVR in that scheme. The CPU isn't programmed to turn him into an OLB. I tried to change the scheme back to 4-3 but I think as soon as I retired then the scheme and depth chart will change back to match Tomlin. I guess Irvin will be a FA next year but at least everyone will have a fair chance at him.

EA really needs to allow control over CPU coach hiring, schemes and depth charts.

Jensua let me know when you've cut Peko.

Hmm, i think idont agree with this ... i agree that we put irvin back to the seahawks roster to have good cpu teams ... but if the seahawks cut him again ...it is my player .. because first come first serve ... thats the rule and everybody accepted the rules and i was the first!

I would agree that irvin will be freeagent and only cpu teams can make a bit of him ... and he will go to a cpu team

Last edited by RyanBendis on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : or if a human team is in the draft position under the first 5 ... he can make a bit ... or something in this direction)
RyanBendis
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:13 pm

I don't think he'll be cut again this season. But since he's now on a one year contract he will probably be a free agent next season and all teams including CPU will be able to bid on him. First come first serve wont apply in that situation.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scousebronco Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:23 pm

Maybe we could use are other PSN accounts and join as a CPU team just as GM an set it to auto.

I know its a bit ov a pain but its waht you have to do with EA Evil or Very Mad I would be up for doind a team or 2 if you need the help.
scousebronco
scousebronco
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanBendis Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:40 pm

brza37 wrote:I don't think he'll be cut again this season. But since he's now on a one year contract he will probably be a free agent next season and all teams including CPU will be able to bid on him. First come first serve wont apply in that situation.

yeah, but first and serve apply now ... and i agreed to put him back to the seahawks because we need good cpu teams ... if he comes back to a freeagent after this season and every one can bid of him then that's not what I wanted
RyanBendis
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastinator Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Ryan you only got him because you happened to be on madden when he was cut - If he's cut next year then it'll be at the start of FA when we can all bid.

any stupid CPU cuts after the FA draft should be rectified.
Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanBendis Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Pastinator wrote:Ryan you only got him because you happened to be on madden when he was cut - If he's cut next year then it'll be at the start of FA when we can all bid.

any stupid CPU cuts after the FA draft should be rectified.

thats right ... and i didnt nothing wrong in that situation ... but if he is freeagent next season it will be a stupid cut too ...

Last edited by RyanBendis on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
RyanBendis
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: