Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Cap/Contracts problem... EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Cap/Contracts problem... EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Cap/Contracts problem... EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Cap/Contracts problem... EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Cap/Contracts problem... EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Cap/Contracts problem... EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Cap/Contracts problem... EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Cap/Contracts problem... EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Cap/Contracts problem... EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Cap/Contracts problem...

4 posters

Go down

Cap/Contracts problem... Empty Cap/Contracts problem...

Post by Notorious_MH Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:49 pm

Ok so I'm just looking over my contracts on Madden, I only went on cause daddy leagues said the Giants released Linval Joseph, damn liars! Anyway...

I'm looking over my contracts and cap and things have changed from the regular season, I had around $18m just a couple of weeks ago, I remember vividly because I was going through each team and seeing their cap room (on a related note, the Raiders have $79m in space!! Do they even have 53 players?!?!). Now I cut a couple vets, signed some young guys and injury cover the last couple of weeks but they worked out to roughly break even but my cap has been halved to $9m??? In salaries it still says $0 for the rookie reserve and the Raiders still have $79 so it isn't because of that so something is going on here!

But it gets worse...

Players contract lengths have changed!!!

I only had one big time pending free agent this season, Saffold, and I resigned him at the beginning. There are 2 players that I know have definitely changed, there may be more. Marcell Dareus who I traded a first round pick for mid season had 2 years remaining, I know that for a fact, the game also says he has a 4 year contract but now says only 1 year remaining and shows no cap hit for 2014 anymore! Dareus was drafted in 2011 so lets do the math: 2011, 2012, 2013... so should be and was under contract for 2014 which would be his final year and now isn't?! What the hell?

Same deal with my 94ovr punter, drafted in 2012, 3 year contract, was under contract for 2014 but no longer. 

During the season I only had 3 players that was available to resign, nobody else was available and I looked multiple times at the list and I was in good shape cap wise, I had no big pending FA's. Dareus I know for a fact was under contract for 2014.

So now I'm screwed because I have big time FA's that I can't afford to resign, gave up a 1st rounder for nothing and have lost half of my cap room! Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a known bug? Cause this has left me without a paddle up shit creak...  Crying or Very sad
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Cap/Contracts problem... Empty Re: Cap/Contracts problem...

Post by Notorious_MH Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:58 pm

Robert Quinn too, drafted in 2011, 5 year contract so should be under contract until the end of 2015 but contract expires 2014! I'm not going crazy am I, the season we just played was 2013... right??? This game is broken... I can't look anymore...
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:13 pm

Somebody asked this on PSN too. This problem was in Madden 13 too but its not a real problem. What happened in M13 was that as soon as your season ended, you missed the playoffs or were eliminated then the remaining years on player contracts got rolled over but the column names didn't. The guys who were already listed as one year remining still are listed as one year remaining though which makes it even more confusing. After we advanced to the offseason though the guys who were supposed to still be under contract were and the column names were updated to correctly represent the contracts too. So in the end, there is no reason to worry, as long as it still works like it did in M13.

About the salary cap, I think it rolls over as well so it should be reflecting what you will have once we advance to the offseason and I believe the rookie cap is also already factored into that (but I'm not 100% sure about that). Also if you cut guys that had expiring contracts then it won't help your cap.

And the Raiders really do have that much space in real life this offseason. They cut a bunch of big contract guys in real life last year and had about $60 million in dead money/cap hits this year. That all opens up next year so basically the Raiders could buy a whole new team this offseason if they can convince people to move to Oakland.
http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Raiders&Year=2014

Two thirds of their team have a cap number of less than $500k in 2014 and 42 guys will make less than $700k. Shocked 
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:11 pm

Ok thanks buddy, we'll wait and see what the offseason brings, hopefully it'll sort itself out fingers crossed.

As for the raiders thats incredible, talk about a clear out and start from scratch!
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by ShldBeStudying Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Granted actual NFL Free Agency is about to happen so these numbers will probably change drastically, but...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24466063/nfl-salary-cap-where-each-team-stands-as-free-agency-looms

A lot of teams have considerable amounts of cap room to work with, but none more so than Oakland, by a lot.
ShldBeStudying
ShldBeStudying
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Strikernaut Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:51 pm

I've a got a question. I inherited the hawks from whoever. And his cap penalty is outrageous. Is that something I just got to go with? Or could that penalty be reset? If no than that's perfectly fine. Smile
Strikernaut
Strikernaut
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Thu May 01, 2014 11:22 am

Strikernaut wrote:I've a got a question. I inherited the hawks from whoever. And his cap penalty is outrageous. Is that something I just got to go with? Or could that penalty be reset? If no than that's perfectly fine. Smile

The policy is not to reset cap penalties unless the previous owner tried to hurt or dismantle the team on purpose. I'll take a look at the penalties though to see if the situation calls for a reset.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strikernaut Thu May 01, 2014 11:46 am

Sounds good. It was a 9 mil penalty I believe.
Strikernaut
Strikernaut
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down