Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Noodle arm QB's ? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Noodle arm QB's ? EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Noodle arm QB's ? EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Noodle arm QB's ? EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Noodle arm QB's ? EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Noodle arm QB's ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Noodle arm QB's ? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Noodle arm QB's ? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Noodle arm QB's ? EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Noodle arm QB's ?

+7
brza37
Bigjimmyaston
Eagle
ShldBeStudying
warrior9674
xxeternalxx
Pastinator
11 posters

Go down

Noodle arm QB's ? Empty Noodle arm QB's ?

Post by Pastinator Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Thought I'd put my two bit in with regards to what I've seen in my games recently. I've struggle with QB accuracy and flacco seeming to have no umph behind his passes, I don't know whether anyone else has had similar problems with their QBs play. I know Joey cool isn't the best QB in the world but his throw power should be adequate enough to perform. 

Maybe the sliders are slightly low and of others agree maybe need a revision? 

... Or I'm just making excuses for throwing 3 picks to Cleveland this morning lol
Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Noodle arm QB's ? Empty Re: Noodle arm QB's ?

Post by xxeternalxx Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:37 pm

May the Romo jokes cometh, but I've seen the same many a time both on my side and my opponents side, QB's at this level shouldn't throw wild as often as they do. Hell, the only reason I beat the Eagles in the postseason last year was because Foles threw into the dirt more times than he hit his WR's for no reason whatsoever.

I end up making schemes for short passes purely because medium-long passes are so random. I'd be all for increasing the run defense and opening up the passing capability a bit.
xxeternalxx
xxeternalxx
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:42 pm

Don't listen to him external, this is just the Ravens taking another swipe at my ginger noodled arm qb Andy Dalton.
How low can you go pasty? Don't answer that........
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastinator Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:01 am

Haha you think that little of me warrior haha 

Laughing
Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:20 pm

If your a real Ravens fan then yes Wink
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ShldBeStudying Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:13 pm

I actually think Ben Roethlisberger's arm is too strong if anything. Don't get me wrong, he can make almost any throw I ask him to, if the guy is actually open. However, it seems like I always convince myself, "Sure! He can make that throw no problem! He'll throw it THROUGH the defender if he has to!" but do not notice some random tiny CB I overlook who picks it off and takes it the other direction.

P.S. I throw a lot of interceptions.
ShldBeStudying
ShldBeStudying
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 pm

I found tonight the accuracy was pretty shocking. Had players that were open and free and would throw it and they would just watch to go past them like there watching something fall from the sky. 

Worst game ever tonight. Makes you want to throw the pad at the tv when simple throws are missed.
Eagle
Eagle
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Dalton threw a 99 yard td pass tonight, never thought I'd see the day, unfortunately Donte Whitner is a db for the 49ers.
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigjimmyaston Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:09 pm

Accuracy is the same for everyone - the big difference with Madden 25 is that you have to find the pass at the right time. EA have done a lot of work to make it more realistic and not so arcade driven.

Yes it's a pain in the backside that you don't complete every pass but it's far more realistic.

It's also worth checking your receivers have good stats for route running or the QB might throw the ball where it's supposed to go and the receiver might be off the route...

Just my thoughts...
Bigjimmyaston
Bigjimmyaston
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:56 pm

I'm afraid if I raise the accuracy slider much more, in my experience, it won't matter who you have at QB anymore, because they will all play the same. With low accuracy sliders it seems the elite QBs set themselves apart a bit from the rest. I raised the slider a few points from 12 to 15 but from what I've read on the operation sports forums going much higher will make things too easy. I know it can be frustrating missing wide open guys occassionally, especially if they are in crucial situations (I know I'd rather have had Foles throwing strikes instead of in the dirt in the playoffs last year) but if you look at the stats most of the league is between 60 and 70 % completion percentage which is pretty realistic.

Throw power shouldn't be affected by the accuracy sliders for what I know. But I guess with EA you never know. I noticed a huge difference switching from Vick's 96 THP to Foles' 92 THP and going back to McCadden with 94 THP. It seems I had to throw a bit earlier with Foles than I do with McCadden or Vick. I honestly don't know how Eder does it with Barkley and his 84 THP. Passes generally seem to take longer to get there for everyone in M25 on PS4 than it did in M13 on PS3, at least thats my impression.

I've also lowered Run blocking since the start of the franchise from 50 to 45 last season and now to 40 but it seems that doesn't really help keep realistic ypc. Actually it seems to work against sim football because guys seem to be running everything outside now because out there run blocking is less important than in the middle if you have the speed. Please remember that not every run play should be a toss, stretch or draw.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastinator Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Makes a lot of sense thanks for the explanation.with what you and jimmy said I think I'll need to look to get those passes off a little bit quicker. I don't think it's helping it either that I haven't found a playbook I really like yet so mostly I'm picking plays blindly. It'll all come with time is imagine. 

cheers
Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanBendis Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:26 pm

at the beginning, i had much problems with the qb accuracy and wr drops. Now after a bit training its much better. i also put all of the WR XP in catching, catch in traffic and release ... now i have not so many drops

But sometimes a LB is catching the ball better as a WR Very Happy

If the qb feel the heat from the defense, his accuracy goes down and the qb miss wide open wr ... how cam newton did against the saints Wink

In my opinion the run blocking is too good ... or better ... the run defense is very poor ... i dont know how often i have the "magnetic effect" ... the defense men is not running to the hb ... he is running into the runblocker ... very frustrating
RyanBendis
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Harps Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:30 pm

What winds me up the most isn't Interceptions if I've thrown a silly pass (it happens occasionally), it when you want to throw an 15 yard bullet pass to a open WR and your QB decides to throw it up in the air and it drops about 5 yards away from you. I never see Tannehill do this in games but he does it probably twice a game for me. 

Throwing out a few other annoyances because I feel like it.....
This weeks Offensive player of the week - Peterson got 191 yards on 12 attempts for 3 TD's. That average is absolutely insane - nearly 16 yards per carry! How is this possible?! I'm lucky to average 4 yards. Admittedly I'm a crap player, but it should be pretty much impossible to hit those kind of numbers - his best real game ever averaged less than 10 yards per carry. His season so far is 13 yards per carry. Nuts!
I'm not having a go at Eder if I could do that I would. I'm just INSANELY jealous. 

Also, players are stupid. They take an age to realise that the QB has decided not to throw and is running. 
Which brings me to changing player whilst on D. Why doesn't the bloody game switch to a player who can actually do something to help? Every time it switches to someone who's useless. Never the guy I'm looking at. Then you get to see one of my idiot players throw themselves on the ground because I was going to tackle with a different guy.

Anyway, its been a long day with a really long drive. I'd best go do something useful.
Harps
Harps
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Strikernaut Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Ya I had this problem today. Wilson throwing all over the place. No biggie though. I just need to get used to the sliders is all. Used to all madden lol. These sliders are challenging though. I like it.
Strikernaut
Strikernaut
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Harps Mon May 12, 2014 9:43 am

I swear Tannehill is getting worse. A good few times last night he completely missed his target - not even close to the recievers. Is there some kind of confidence mechanic withing the game?
If he's not careful, he'll be on his way out!
Harps
Harps
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 pm

Get rid mate, put something down and maybe we can do a deal Wink
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanBendis Mon May 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Are you sure its only the qb? Or is the o-line not good enough to protect him ... and he is to often under pressure/feel the heat?
RyanBendis
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Mon May 12, 2014 4:35 pm

Harps wrote:I swear Tannehill is getting worse. A good few times last night he completely missed his target - not even close to the recievers. Is there some kind of confidence mechanic withing the game?

There is a Consistency rating from 0-4 which affects your other ratings and how fast you get on cold or hot streaks. The higher the consistency rating the closer they play to their ratings. So for example if you have a consistency rating of 0 and Medium Accuracy of 80 and are on a cold streak you could be dealing with a MAC rating really more like 60. On the other hand if you are on a hot streak low consistency could work in your favor and help you play much higher than your ratings.

Like Ryan said though, pressure affects throws too. If you have a guy in your face then there is a good chance the ball will be off target. Could also be from being on the move while throwing, especially if you are backing up. Next time you have a bad pass check the replay and see if you were subconsciously moving backwards. I know this happens to me every once in a while especially if I've been getting pressured a lot.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harps Mon May 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Cheers guys. Since reading the rules when I first joined I've been pretty careful not to move backwards too much after the snap, so I don't think its that. I think his consistency is 1, so that might be the place to stick his XP for a while - I didn't realise consistency could make such a big difference. Any chance of a do-over for all the XP I've wasted?! Wink

I'll have to start replaying some of the bad plays, it could well be pressure from the pass rushers thats doing it.

@Warrior, see me after the draft. I'm eyeing up that no.1 pick so his replacement may well be incoming!!
Harps
Harps
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanBendis Mon May 12, 2014 6:49 pm

Harps wrote:I swear Tannehill is getting worse. A good few times last night he completely missed his target - not even close to the recievers. Is there some kind of confidence mechanic withing the game?

i took a look at your depth chart on daddyleagues. i dont know your tendencies, but i guess you would like to pass the ball.

your oline is not very good in PBK and IBL. Your left side is better then the right side in PBK and IBL. (why is Oher 93 OVR? his keyratings are not good)

maybe this affect the QB too. 

Tannehill have over 10000XP at the moment … invest the points in THA, SHA and MAC … it should help a bit.

if Tannehill has a cold streak at the moment, it should help if you throw short and fast … choose plays that you know well … its important to get him out of the cold streak

i would sign free agent LT Oday Aboushi (the cowboys cut him few days ago) … he has good stats in IBL, PBK and RBK only his strength is too low … he is cheap and young … you could test him as RT … maybe it will help a bit …
RyanBendis
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Harps Mon May 12, 2014 8:03 pm

Cheers mate. Looks like Aboushi has already been taken. 
I do tend to pass a lot, but mainly as my Run game is so poor. I didn't realise there were streaks, I'll try and get him out of his funk.

Edit: How on earth did Ware end up with the Giants?!
Harps
Harps
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Mon May 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Jags cut him
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by epone Tue May 13, 2014 10:10 am

Please don't spend any XP on THA. It only affects the QB during simmed/CPU games, it has no impact whatsoever in player-player games

Source: http://www.e-athlete.net/_/madden-25/madden-25-a-guide-to-player-ratings-attributes-and-traits-r48

I hope everyone takes a look at that link and finds something useful, it was a very helpful resource for me.

Another thing I would argue with your throwing mechanics Harp is possibly the overuse of pass lead, it doesn't appear to be as necessary in PS4 as it was in PS3 and can result in some wild throws as we saw in our game Wink

Also, Wilfork pressuring you up the gut didn't help I'm sure Razz
epone
epone
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Harps Tue May 13, 2014 11:48 am

Ah crap. I spent all my XP on THA! Votes on restarting the league from scratch?! C'mon, you all know you want to!

Cheers for the link.

I pass lead on every throw, I assumed everyone did. I'll have a play around with not leading next time, but old habits die hard - like not using hit stick every single tackle.
Harps
Harps
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanBendis Tue May 13, 2014 12:07 pm

epone wrote:Please don't spend any XP on THA. It only affects the QB during simmed/CPU games, it has no impact whatsoever in player-player games

Source: http://www.e-athlete.net/_/madden-25/madden-25-a-guide-to-player-ratings-attributes-and-traits-r48

I hope everyone takes a look at that link and finds something useful, it was a very helpful resource for me.

Another thing I would argue with your throwing mechanics Harp is possibly the overuse of pass lead, it doesn't appear to be as necessary in PS4 as it was in PS3 and can result in some wild throws as we saw in our game Wink

Also, Wilfork pressuring you up the gut didn't help I'm sure Razz

THX for the link epone ... had other information about tha
RyanBendis
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum