Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run)

+10
xxeternalxx
dwevans
MeisterEder69
warrior9674
epone
Bigjimmyaston
Kook
Xipie
BigDaddyGiants
brza37
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run) - Page 2 Empty Re: M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run)

Post by brza37 Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Looking back this is what we decided for CPBs with a short explanation why in parentheses.
- Anyone can use any of the CPBs available in the league as the base for their CPB but it still needs to be declared and re-uploaded. (This will help inexperienced guys learn from the top players and not create a larger gap)
- You can only use one CPB per season (This is so people just don't let everyone else do the work and then gain an advantage by being able to switch CPBs from week to week)
- Everyone can still select stock team Playbooks each week even if they have a CPB (This is if people messed up their CPB and really aren't happy with it they can just go back to using stock team PBs)

So for example here is a scenario:
Warrior gets his CPB approved. Bartell downloads that book then re-uploads as SMLEMIA and writes that SMLECINCY is the base and copies the info about added Sets/Formation from Warrior's post into his thread.
Warrior continues developing during the season adding/removing plays, changing audibles and gameplan tendencies. Bartell will be using the base PB that Warrior created but if either make changes to plays, audibles and tendencies they won't be the same anymore. Bartell won't be able to just download Warrior's playbook each week and use the latest version that may be updated by Warrior.
Essentially, people using other coaches' CPBs is no different than someone creating a PB with the same base PB and adding the same Formation/Sets.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run) - Page 2 Empty Re: M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run)

Post by MeisterEder69 Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Hey guys, I will start this weekend to check out your PB´s give you feedback in your threads.
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by epone Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:39 pm

Meister,

Is it too late to create a custom PB?
epone
epone
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:26 pm

Epone you can still do it until the end of preseason
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:21 pm

Whats peoples thoughts on Custom Playbooks after a couple of pre-season games? i'm just interested to hear from those who have chose their own PB and have been trying it in pre-season games and anyone who has played against them 

Also this is a n00b question but can someone point me in the direction of these custom downloads for the PBs? i was looking last night while in CFM and couldnt figure it out  lol!
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:54 pm

I personally love it as it has given me a few extra plays that I think my original pb was lacking. Just not sure when it will get approved or dismissed so not sure if it is legal yet Smile

in the main menu (before entering the cfm) go all the way to the right and you should find other players content or downloads something like that. After you find the place just look through the playbook names posted here and download them. But please mind this is theory I have not done this myself so its all based on assumption.
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Location : believeland! No! the one with the star on the helmet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:58 pm

Thanks Zill will check it out
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Well done to Eder for the work he has put in checking all these custom books.... applause  thanks from everyone.
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:43 am

pbjdance

You're welcome. I hope everybody will enjoy the new freedom in playcalling.

If anyone needs help with audibles, send me a pm.

Have fun guys
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by dwevans Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Eder I replied to the Cards thread if you could help clarify.
dwevans
dwevans
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzburgh4891 Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi guys nearly halfway through the season what are the early indications on the custom play book trial? I must admit I've not been a fan but interesting to see others views?
Blitzburgh4891
Blitzburgh4891
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by xxeternalxx Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:35 am

I'm enjoying the audibles but must admit I struggled early on finding plays etc, was a struggle for a few weeks.
xxeternalxx
xxeternalxx
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:52 am

Absolutely awsome! Please leave it Smile
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:58 am

@blitzburgh I think the main thing is to realise what type of offence you want to run and think how a certain play will affect the overall gameplan and so on and then you paste you PB to that picture
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:59 am

What i also found is that thinking in terms of situations also helps
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:07 pm

Blitzburgh4891 wrote:Hi guys nearly halfway through the season what are the early indications on the custom play book trial? I must admit I've not been a fan but interesting to see others views?

I'm getting beat still. 

In all fairness though IMO its worse for me. Much worse. It seems that there are plays that just fucking shread my team when I've picked a D play that is OK and has cover normally

I'm sure there'd be numerous ones this season that have impacted me but sure it'll be deemed as "player level"

I think I've played 3 Human players and 3 AI this season - apart from fucking up against Lions I've done fine against CPU (which is still a step for me considering my level) then the 3 Human players just nope. 

I'm sure Stas will say against Bears it was close - I don't think Stas uses a CPB though but it wasn't on my stream.

Against BJA I was frustrated but again not sure if he used one and it wasn't on my stream. 

Finally against MeisterEder well obviously uses lets just say my controller took a trip across the room and didn't work after! Although a few people have said I play better than before but this game made me feel like it was my first game ever! On D and O I might as well let me young boy take the controller as whatever I had done was absolutely pointless  

Over coming weeks I think I have two opponents out of next four that will be using CPB - I wont be looking forward to it at all!

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's parade especially the work that MeisterEder and others have done, just merely sharing my feelings! I think over next couple of weeks I will know more but from what I've saw then not a fan 

TL:DR - Top guys are still winning and for example like me a low level player is still losing
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:13 pm

@bartell D is really about calling the correct play and making the correct adjustments at the line once the play is called and predicting where your opponent wants to go. When you aren't frustrated you are much better at least from what I have seen. 
As an old Jedi @bishbosh would say. Channel the frustration to better practice and better results and not to the darkside! LoL
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:57 pm

zill_kills wrote:@bartell D is really about calling the correct play and making the correct adjustments at the line once the play is called and predicting where your opponent wants to go. 

This is hard enough as it is, custom plays just then strip back a lot for me I guess. Some formations I can recognise for rush/pass differences but then thats it. The audibles just.... well I know there are there. 

Against MeisterEder it was definitely noticeably more difficult (I'm not doubting the player ability lol this season Eder is unbeaten and dont think he was last season to my knowledge)
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Kook recommended this to me when I was struggling and I guess Ill pass on the knowledge. Do your training tutorials it tells you what to look for. I am not perfect by far at this but it does help. Youtube videos with things you are struggling also help. It all depends I guess if you are willing to put in the work and time Smile
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:13 pm

I got similar advice. I've spent hours running training and free training trying to learn and on the base levels of playbook that is still tough. I'm not trying to be a moaning minnie but someone asked for an opinion lol 

Overall if it keeps going the way it is now I'll be brutally honest by saying it will zap any fun out of it for me
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:45 pm

There's many things to consider here, and half a season is not a big enough sample to gauge. Take me as an example, up to M15 i was pretty decent at this game, always in the playoffs and managed a few SB appearances too - then, blammo, EA changed the passing mechanics and i still struggle now!!

It's always good to practice but i can't stress the importance of practicing against humans. 

The main difference this year is defense is much tougher, and the top guys are still the top guys as they put the work in and come up with a gameplan. This is what will make you as good as you can be.

Remember, in M17, use the force for knowledge and defense - never attack!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:04 pm

Without sounding rude I'm not sure of the relevance of your previous performance and then drop off 

In terms of practicing against humans I'm now in 2 full leagues and then a smaller franchise with a small group of friends plus playing some H2H - compared to before I'm playing a mass amount of game time as well as much time on free practice (after my standard drills) I've definitely committed much more time to Madden in the passed 3 to 4 months than ever before. I don't want to live on the game but in terms of game time I may exceed other players that can switch on the PS4, turn up and win! 

When you say "use the force for knowledge and defense - never attack!" I'm kind of not sure what this means.
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by zill_kills Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:20 pm

He re-frazed my Jedi sentence about the darkside. It took me about a year to fully understand the basic concepts through training playing and investing time. Plus youtube videos helped me out a LOT. Not the ones with the money plays but the ones with the concepts and usering players ect ect. Check them out it will save you on training time Wink
zill_kills
zill_kills
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:18 pm

Hey Bartell

The point i was trying to make (badly, it seems lol) is that each Madden year the game changes, quite significantly sometimes - so hang in there!

The Yoda quote is simply referencing that in M17, if you focus on your defense (and understand defenses) you have a better chance of winning more games. 

The other option is, of course, use the force ...............
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzburgh4891 Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:59 pm

I'm with bartell on this, I just can't get my head around the custom play book. I'm sure there are benefits I think my main gripe that put me off using one was the fact it changed the name and order of all my sets so I just gave up and stuck to what I knew. If it had not done that I may have stuck with it a bit longer
Blitzburgh4891
Blitzburgh4891
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2