Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game

5 posters

Go down

Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game Empty Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game

Post by Mattanite Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:14 pm

Okay, so scouting Blitzburgh earlier this week, his offence would be a nightmare and the only weakness I could find on the whole team was the secondary, so I knew I'd have to go vertical with my set of freak WRs...

Anyway, we get in the game and lo and behold... its a windy snow game, like really windy and snowy!!!! Well there goes my plan.

First drive, mixed up some run, some pass and notice that the Steelers are running a lot of off man coverage and cover 4 (smart choice with the CBs you have). The drive stalls for 3.

Anyway, we trade a few possessions and neither of us are going anywhere. Blitzburgh then picks up a huge 60 yard run when I go zero blitz (big mistake). Shortly after he's made it 7-3 followed by another touchdown, 13-3 going for the PAT.

The PAT was a miss!! The windy conditions were too tough for the Steeler Kicker (but the Raider kicker forgot his eyepatch and went 3 for 3). So stuck at 13-3 about to go into the half. The Raiders go for a huge bomb right before the half and its basically a punt as Carr is intercepted. 

3rd Quarter, the Raider coach started getting static from the mothership, bad lunch or low blood sugar?? Because the game starts seriously lagging. Carr can't get passes to open guys and gets sacked a tonne. Quarter over, not much else going on.

Enter the 4th quarter, the wind dies down and the Raiders passing game takes off with huge freak WR McCarron leading the charge. Carr keeps nailing receivers until HB Murray puts it in for a TD. Boom, 13-10.

QB Taylor was distracted by a lovely sideline snowman and throws a pick to LB Mack and the Raiders bomb down the field for a score to McCarron!!!! 17-13 with 2 minutes remaining in the game!

But oh no, the Steelers arn't done yet. The Raiders start rushing 3 DL and QB Taylor abuses the DBs with a perfect clean pocket driving down the field. A supremely gutsy call in the redzone on 3rd down (obvious passing right, duh) with a HB draw gives Bell his 2nd touchdown and the Steelers are up 20-17 with 40 seconds remaining. 

Geodude goes to the toilet at this point to vomit and his dog takes over, no idea what the dog did but Derek Carr gets the 1st down on a 3 and 20+ on a bootleg and run and with 6 seconds remaining K Santos evens the score (in the snow and wind remember). 20-20, going to OT.

OT, the Raiders think they're smart, and as it's been a big day passing so they give Carr's arm a break, 3 runs on 3 downs but the Steelers stuff them on the run. QB Taylor and HB Bell get the ball ready to drive down the field but it stalls out due to some terrible drops. 

The Raiders get the ball back in their own half and drive down to the Steelers 35 with 1.30 remaining in OT. A funny pass bounces off the WR and 5 different Steelers have a chance for the INT but they all dropped it!!! 

Geodude misplaced his weather vane and couldn't remember which way the wind is blowing (really windy and snowy remember). So he could risk it and call the kick or try to get down to the 20... a couple of failed passes later (and some timely blitzes), it's 3rd and 12, likely outside the kickers range (wind) and Derek Carr tries to dump down to the HB on the flat whilst getting hit. It's slow motion, a high arching bobbly ball fluttering towards the Steelers DB and on the sideline sits HB Murray who makes the circus catch and cuts upfield towards the sticks and makes it to the 20!!!!!

Raiders lining up the kick (in really windy and snowy conditions remember remember) and the Steelers ice the kicker, as if it wasn't bloody cold enough already!!!!!! So the Raiders Kicker comes back on the field, 30+ yard field goal but the meters fricking invisible and the line is gone so no help whatsoever. Geodude does some quick psuedo maths and decides to boot the kick forwards towards the goal....

Silence on the field as it sails................................................................. Blitzburgh's and Geodude's sweaty palms gripping their clipboards....................

BOOOOOOOOM!!!! Iced kick (in the wind and snow) for the win!!!! Raiders 23-20 with 1 minute left in OT.

Mate, I need a nap :S
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

https://forums.operationsports.com/Mattanite/

Back to top Go down

Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game Empty Re: Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game

Post by Blitzburgh4891 Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:27 pm

Great write up , great game, terrible Tyrod choked under the pressure.
Blitzburgh4891
Blitzburgh4891
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game Empty Re: Week 14 Raiders @ Steelers snow game

Post by Mattanite Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:28 pm

It was the snowman I tell thee.
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:38 pm

Sounds like a cracking game followed by a great write up,  I'll hopefully be able to watch it tomorrow.
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by xxeternalxx Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:48 pm

I feel like I need a lay down after just reading about that game. Great write up.
xxeternalxx
xxeternalxx
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:25 am

I realise, having watched the footage again, I hit on most of the major plays but all in the complete wrong order, hahahah. Just as good to watch a second time and nice play calling by Blitzburgh thoughout. How many INTs should I have thrown???
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:55 am

Very enjoyable write up!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down