Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
NFL Discussion  EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
NFL Discussion  EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
NFL Discussion  EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
NFL Discussion  EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
NFL Discussion  EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
NFL Discussion  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
NFL Discussion  EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
NFL Discussion  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
NFL Discussion  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

NFL Discussion

+3
LTown27ers
Bishbosh1985
brza37
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NFL Discussion  Empty NFL Discussion

Post by brza37 Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:20 pm

How bout dem Eagles No
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NFL Discussion  Empty Re: NFL Discussion

Post by Bishbosh1985 Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Nice to have so much talent and aim for a high draft pick at the same time
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Yeah, thats the plan. We're going all-in for 2012. Tank this season. Get some impact rookies with our high first and two high seconds. Maybe sign a couple more FAs. Dump Steve Smith and go 19-0 in 2012.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:37 pm

We will see if Vince Young can do it better. Or do you think that Vick will play?
LTown27ers
LTown27ers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:04 pm

Joking apart, i think the Eagles are suffering what a lot of sports teams have experienced and that is a lack of team spirit - togetherness. That will come in time, probably too late for this year but i would expect to see the Birds crush a few teams later this season.
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Man, the Eagles have had it rough.
What do you think is the reason they've not got it done?

The Rams have the worst Injury list I've ever seen.
our IR list is better than our active roster lmao
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Sorry, I just can't get into it. Its just too depressing. As a life long Eagles fan I'm used to disappointment. But no season comes anywhere close to this.

On the surface this team was undone by errors, turnovers, dropped passes, missed tackles, penalties, poor coaching decisions and general undisciplined play. But I think it goes much deeper than that. 4-8 with this roster and minimal injuries can't just be due to bad luck. This team is fundamentally flawed from the front office to the coaches down to the players.

First the front office hasn't drafted a successful defensive player in years. Name one good player currently on their defense that the Eagles drafted since 2006? If you said Mike Patterson you win a prize. But if you think Mike Patterson is anything more than just good then I don't know what to say. Cole was drafted in 2005. 5 drafts and one solid starter on defense is pretty awful.

Second, the coaches are always talking about putting their players in the best position to win but they rarely do that. You've got McCoy leading the league in rushing just weeks ago then Vick gets hurt. So what do you do with the NFL's leading rusher and a backup QB who has thrown more picks than TDs in his career? You give the NFLs leading rusher only 10 carries and less than 15 total touches two weeks in a row with the season on the line?! And when is the last time an Eagles team came back from being down 4 or more in the last 3 minutes and won? Never in the 13 years of the Andy Reid era. Hard to believe but true. The fact is they have no Hurry-up offense. They waste time like no other football team I've ever seen. And they use all their timeouts before the 2-minute warning usually because they got the play in late. Before people thought it was McNabb's problem but the same thing has happened with multiple QBs having hurry-up come from behind situations (McNabb, Vick, Young, Kolb, Jeff Garcia, Koy Detmer, AJ Feeley, Mike Kafka). The one constant is Andy Reid.

Defensively the coaching is no better. Great idea taking your offensive line coach and turning him into your DC. Great idea buying the second best bump and run man-cover corner in the league and playing him at safety and zone coverages for a large percent of his snaps the first half of the season. Look at our D-line and CBs. Then look at the passer ratings of every QB we've played this year and something just doesn't add up. Fuckin Tavaris Jackson had a passer rating of over 130 last week! And the failure to adjust during games is shared on both sides of the ball. Reid is great between games, getting gameplans and players ready. On gameday its a catastrophe.

And the players from the I can't catch (pretty much everyone cept for Jason Avant) to the I don't wanna get hurt Desean to the I don't wanna tackle umm pretty much everybody on defense except Trent Cole I don't know what to say.

Oh well I guess there's always next year. As an Eagles fan it always comes down to that statement at the end of the year. But I have never had to say that this early and this unexpectedly before.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Its worse this year because of the expectations being raised with the 'big' name signings in the off season. All successful pro sports teams have similar structures. Starts at the top with the coaching, then the players mentality and finally - and make no mistake on this point - the talent. The talent is the THIRD most important part of the equation, unfortunately, Philly are 1 for 3 - and the 1 part they do have is the least most important to a teams identity.
Where are the on-field leaders? Where are the creative play callers? Where is the spine of the organisation?
I will use an English soccer example - Mr Brian Clough turned Nottingham Forest into the best team in Europe for 5 years just for the simple fact that he was a superior coach who had half a team of mediocre players but they all knew their positions and executed week in week out.
Look at Green bay last season - they were not the best team in the NFL - just played like it!!!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:17 am

Worst Super Bowl matchup ever.

I might actually skip it altogether. Can't stand to see Eli's dumb ass face lifting another trophy. But its also hard to root for Belichick's empire of cheat. Its really unbelievable that he hasn't been banned from the NFL yet. I'm glad he added the McDaniels thing and a down marker malfunction to his legacy of circumventing the rules this year.

And the fact that neither team even deserves to be there makes it even worse. The Pats beat 1 team with a winning record this season. And the Giants only made the playoffs due to some amazing levels of choking by Romo and crew. Then in the playoffs they got one gift after another. When was the last time a punt returner lost the ball twice in one game? And the non-fumble call due to forward progress?!

Just fast-forward to free agency and the draft. Eagles drafting Luke Kuechly in the first if Curtis Lofton doesn't get franchised.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:44 am

last year we had a german Basketball Champion.

This year we will have a german Superbowl Champion.

Its ok, brza
LTown27ers
LTown27ers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:13 am

Who Vollmer? He hardly played this year and is still questionable for the SB.

I predict the Pats will win the SB then have the title taken away in a month once they uncover that Belichick paid off the refs and a ball girl, and also taped private meetings between the Giants coaching staff and shower room. Another couple weeks later they'll uncover a sex and drugs scandal involving Belichick, Eli and Teddy Bruschi dating back to 2007 which will strip the Giants of their Super Bowl win that year too. More evidence will be uncovered in the raid on Belichick's private villa in Indonesia that in addtion to his child labor sweathouse for ripping sleaves off of hooded sweatshirts there are also secret documents outlining his poisoning of McNabb during halftime of the 2005 SB which caused him to vomit during their final drive and let time run out on a comeback attempt. That will make the Eagles officially Super Bowl champions for the first time in franchise history which will cause the largest riot in US history and leave southeastern PA as an unihabitable region for 25 years to come. The team will be forced to relocate to the Jersey Shore and go on to win 4 super bowls in a row. Unfortunately the remaining Philly residents will sue before the 2012 season starts to keep the franchise name so the 4 SB wins will actually be credited to a new franchise, the Jersey Fist Pumpers.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:28 am

brza37 wrote:Worst Super Bowl matchup ever.

I might actually skip it altogether. Can't stand to see Eli's dumb ass face lifting another trophy. But its also hard to root for Belichick's empire of cheat. Its really unbelievable that he hasn't been banned from the NFL yet. I'm glad he added the McDaniels thing and a down marker malfunction to his legacy of circumventing the rules this year.
And the fact that neither team even deserves to be there makes it even worse. The Pats beat 1 team with a winning record this season. And the Giants only made the playoffs due to some amazing levels of choking by Romo and crew. Then in the playoffs they got one gift after another. When was the last time a punt returner lost the ball twice in one game? And the non-fumble call due to forward progress?!

Just fast-forward to free agency and the draft. Eagles drafting Luke Kuechly in the first if Curtis Lofton doesn't get franchised.

What did I miss please fill me in...
jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:39 am

jensua wrote:
What did I miss please fill me in...

McDaniel's Loophole

Scoreboard Error
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:17 pm

So Brza, you're hoping that they both lose in the SB then!!!! I'm rooting for NY purely because they have easily been the most entertaining team this season - not necessarily the best - but from a neutrals perspective Cruz, Nicks, JPP have been fun to watch and, one has to admit, Eli too.

Like all pro sports the margin for error is minimal and a bit of good fortune can often put you over the finishing line - and yeah, Bradshaw's (non)fumble was a bad call - but so was Davis 73 yd TD as his foot was clearly OOB on the 40 yd line. I think the Pats will be fave's but this ones going down to the wire methinks!

Who's the best team in the NFL - i think the Giants have rhythm and momentum, even without a LB crew of any note, but the best team in the NFL? Thats subjective, I think its pretty even between the last 4 + the Saints - most talent - it was the Eagles but now Djax is moving out who knows for next season.

One final thing, being a Bears fan i was mightily impressed with Jay Cutler before his thumb fell off - can he break into the elite gang - i say yes, he has all the tools and is now making very good decisions which has been his achilles heel for years - can he be as good as the Mannings, Brady, Brees, Rodgers? with better protection - gotta be a yes?
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Yes, I'm rooting for both teams to lose. I guess New England would be the lesser evil for me if i had to choose but I'll still be rooting for both teeams to lose if I don't end up boycotting it altogether.

Cutler has always had the ability I think. Its consistency that has been his problem. I think he definitely has more talent than Eli and they're both inconsistent. The difference is Cutler could use a big time receiver to help him out when he does start to slump much like Eli just throws it up for grabs anytime he's under pressure.
Cutler seems to play like a HOFer everytime he's up against the Eagles though. Maybe they should just schedule more games against the Birds.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:58 pm

i think the 'red lorry' syndrome is in play with Cutler - i watch Cutler every game being a Bears fan but most guys (who aren't) will generally see the highlights and not the full pic. I'm not surprised you're impressed with his last few performances against Philly as you get to see more of him. Honestly, before he got hurt he really was playing as good as any NFL QB and thats without good protection and any decent WR's AND Mad Mike calling the plays - who managed to ship Cutler's fave target (TE Olsen) to Carolina!
Obviously, i get the 'red lorry' syndrome too regarding other QB's when comparing JC but this season i have seen quite a lot of football and i wouldn't swap him. Put him under centre at NO, GB or NE and the records would tumble. They still might if the Bears actually build around him!

Who y'all going for league MVP? I think Cruz on O and Revis (again) on D.

Special Teams - Kyle Williams lol

Lge idiot MVP - Marion Barber for that fabulous game losing run

Stoopid Expression MVP - Eli for the 7th year running

Special mention award - Tampa Bay Buccs cheerleaders at Wembley ......... DAMN!

Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 am

Here's a good Super Bowl preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDAD1pRsVHA&feature=player_embedded
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:21 am

awesome!!!
LTown27ers
LTown27ers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:22 am

Bishbosh1985 wrote:

Who y'all going for league MVP? I think Cruz on O and Revis (again) on D.

Special Teams - Kyle Williams lol

Lge idiot MVP - Marion Barber for that fabulous game losing run

Stoopid Expression MVP - Eli for the 7th year running

Special mention award - Tampa Bay Buccs cheerleaders at Wembley ......... DAMN!

I can't tell if you're being serious on the MVPs Bish. I think Cruz will be suspended for some type of performance enhancer. Dude just came out of nowhere this year after bouncing around the league on different practice squads the past couple years.

Seriously though I think Brees will get the Offensive POY easily if not the overall MVP and Defense is a toss up between Justin Smith, he had an absolute monster year for a 3-4 DE, or Jared Allen, 22 sacks is a stat that voters can gravitate to. Revis was still the best CB but didn't have his best year imo.

I agree that Eli wins the Stoopid Expression Award again. They should just rename it the Eli-face Award.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:28 pm

[/quote]

I agree that Eli wins the Stoopid Expression Award again. They should just rename it the Eli-face Award...[/quote]

...and the 2011 Pig-Face-Trophy goes to...

LTown27ers
LTown27ers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:27 pm

I dont think Cruz took anything - i think some guys had his family in a room with a gun pointed at them demanding brilliance in the New Meadowlands!!!

Yeah, the voters will go for Brees and Allen - but damn, them cheerleaders .....
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba00SyUHYNA&feature=related
LTown27ers
LTown27ers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:59 pm

Laughing "If you had a facebook page Jesus wouldn't even like it." lol!
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Nice one LT - that clip just needs Terrell Suggs to walk in at the end and head-butt Tebow!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:29 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826bdcfb/article/sure-ny-gets-a-parade-but-boston-gets-butterfingers?module=HP11_headline_stack
LTown27ers
LTown27ers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next