Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Season 8 Sliders EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Season 8 Sliders EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Season 8 Sliders EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Season 8 Sliders EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Season 8 Sliders EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Season 8 Sliders EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Season 8 Sliders EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Season 8 Sliders EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Season 8 Sliders EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Season 8 Sliders

+3
MeisterEder69
Pastinator
brza37
7 posters

Go down

Season 8 Sliders Empty Season 8 Sliders

Post by brza37 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:19 am

As discussed towards the end of last season we have moved to All-Madden level with Jarrod's slider set from operation sports. We are currently using the red set which is the medium difficulty (red set) setting. These sliders are tried and true over at that forum but I just want to reiterate these aren't set in stone. I'll use the feedback I get to try to adjust them to better accomodate our league.

The general sentiment was that last season CPU games were way too easy and owners had to go out of their way not to win by over 50 points and get ridiculous stats. These new settings should combat that but we also want an enjoyable sim, experience. So give your feedback either here or in a PM.

Below are the current settings:
Red set
Skill Level- All-Madden
USER-CPU
accuracy 16-60
pass blocking 0-45
catching 52-65

Breaktackles-35-40
runblocking 10-52
fumbles 40-40

Pass reaction 50-35 (slider is reversed/backwards so 35 is really 65)
Interceptions 25-50
pass rush 0-60

rush reaction 40-50
blockshedding 0-55
tackling 40-45

Special Teams-
FG Power- 50
FG Accuracy- 45
Punt Power- 50
Punt Accuracy- 100
Kickoff Power- 55

Penalties-
Offsides- 100
False start- 50
Holding- 52
Face mask- 55
Defense PI- 100
Offensive PI- 100
Punt Catch Int- 100
Clipping- 65
Intentional Grounding- 100
Roughing the passer- 52
Roughing the kicker- 100

Last edited by brza37 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Season 8 Sliders Empty Re: Season 8 Sliders

Post by Pastinator Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:29 am

Ok so I played my second pre season game v the CPU saints yesterday and it played pretty well the game was closer and enjoyable. Their running game was improved aswell.
Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Got my first game yesterday. it was a little harder then last season and played pretty good. Only one thing: it felt like the cpus o-line was way to strong.
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:43 pm

agree with you Eder - cpu O line is too strong. Early days yet but WR's seem to catch everything too
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by OSS-LondonRaider Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:34 pm

Ok well I have played two pr season games in the first game it seemed like my Wr dropped every other pass and no way was I able to run the ball..............second pretty much the same although brza checked and I had 65% pass rate completion................I know playing the cpu should not be a guaranteed win but if its going to harder then playing humans then no point in playing to be honest ..........
OSS-LondonRaider
OSS-LondonRaider
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:53 pm

OSS - the cpu tweaks will come - which is necessary as we all play roughly 50% cpu games in SML (except Pasty lol).

Keep the feedback coming and Brza will sort within the next 10 days.
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Yes o-line is much too strong. Its Hard to Hold the Running Game under 6y per run. I think like oss said to many dropped passes. And the Run Defense from CPU is too strong mit Not much i think we are close to the perfect sliders
LTown27ers
LTown27ers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:46 am

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming. Just one thing though playing one game won't give you an overall feel for how the sliders are working. Because games can swing based on momentum or just random events you really need to look at a larger range of games before passing judgement.

I checked the stats of the user-cpu games that were actually played and they seem to be pretty good so far on average. We can't expect to hold the CPU to 10 yards rushing as in the past. Last season nearly every user team was averaging over 7ypc with their top RB with a bunch of teams close to 10ypc. In most games this year the CPU has been able to average around 4 ypc with a few games where they were over 6. Thats decent in my opinion but not unstoppable.

Similar thing with dropped passes. If your WRs aren't in the 90s or close to it in CTH and CIT you will have drops. My first game I started off with 2 drops in a row that killed two drives. But in my last game I didn't have one drop. I think some things get magnified when they kill drives and also because they never happened before. If completion percentages are regularly under 60% then I think drops may be a problem but from what I've seen they've been in the high 60s which is very good.

The same thing with tackling. LBs with high 70s-low 80s TKL might not cut it anymore. The same with Block shedding.

You can't just focus on speed anymore. This is what people wanted though in most of the chats I had. One of the biggest complaints in the past was that the ratings outside of speed didn't matter. Now they do.

Anyway, enough of that. I took your feedback into account and adjusted a couple sliders before starting Week 4. Here are the changes:

User Runblocking +10
CPU Runblocking -3
CPU Interceptions -5
CPU Rush Reaction -5
User Tackle +5
CPU Block Shedding -5

The record of user vs. CPU games is 8-3 so far by the way. Also keep in mind that you're playing with your backups for 3 quarters of the game too.

Also forgot to post this in the first post but you can find over 490 pages of discussion on these sliders at this link here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/570439-jarodd21s-madden-13-all-madden-sliders.html

Thanks again for the feedback and keep it coming. Smile
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSS-LondonRaider Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:52 pm

ok 4 games 4 loss's and am no where near this All Madden OL allowed me to rush for 36 yards and I like to run, still too many dropped pass's .............but ok not sure i can add anything more ...........
OSS-LondonRaider
OSS-LondonRaider
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Don't worry OSS, we'll get the user run game sorted. I'm also struggling with it so far. We might need to lower CPU rush reaction and block shedding another 5-10 points to 50 or 45. Here's some tips for the run game too:

Make sure you pay attention to what the CPU is in. Audible to a different run or switch sides if it looks like it's going to get stuffed where the run is originally suppose to go. Don't crash directly into the line as soon as you get the handoff. Pay attention to your blockers and look to cut it back to a lane that opens up. Also mix up the inside and outside runs.

Some guys seem to have had no problem adjusting offensively so far though. Maybe they could post some tips too.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSS-LondonRaider Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Ok thanks will try that .............
OSS-LondonRaider
OSS-LondonRaider
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 am

So these are the changes made from the start of the preseason that will be in effect Week 1 of the regular season.

User Run Blocking +10
User Tackle +5
User Catching +2
CPU Runblocking -3
CPU Pass blocking -5
CPU Pass Reaction +5 (slider is reversed)
CPU Interception -10
CPU Rush Reaction -10
CPU Block Shedding -5

I also updated the original post with the current sliders.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Are these all changes that will keep it all madden??

I don't want to sound like a bit of an a-hole but the whole point of the sliders was to make CPU games more difficult and USER vs USER games more balanced (neutralising super powered 65 ovr CBs for example). If we tweak things after 2 or 3 pre season games vs the CPU when there are backups playing for 3 quarters of the game because people can't use the same stretch plays to gash the CPU it will defeat the object of it.

I will have to say that the primary tip, and Brza stated it, is audible a run play according to the defense. Also, you cannot, I repeat, CANNOT call the same defense all game and expect to have success. You must read the offense's formations, its tendencies and attack where they're trying to hit. Likewise with their defense, calling stretch play, toss play curl route just won't cut it any more. Dives and ISOs are your friends, HB smashes and FB dives are your companions. Mix up your play calls depending on what you see and then hit it. Defensive line is all spread out? audible to a dive... You can't just impose yourself willy nilly on the D any more.

Likewise with passing, make realistic reads, set up play action, and utilise players with actual route running skills and catching attributes. I promise you that if you approach the game with the attitude and the attention you can still win easily.

The only problem is that you actually have to think when you play the CPU. I don't understand why anyone would want to have it easy vs the CPU again?

I will check my schedule and see if I am playing a CPU team Week 1. If so, I will check these tweaks and I understand your position Brza with regards to keeping the league happy, but Jarrodd is pretty specific when it comes to slider tweaks of his set because too much of a movement in one direction will make it all pro again and just far too easy...
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:08 pm

None of the adjustments will set the level below all-madden & all of them are within the ranges acceptable for the red set.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down