Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Most likely my last season EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Most likely my last season EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Most likely my last season EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Most likely my last season EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Most likely my last season EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Most likely my last season EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Most likely my last season EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Most likely my last season EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Most likely my last season EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Most likely my last season

+5
Harps
brza37
warrior9674
Pastinator
Eagle
9 posters

Go down

Most likely my last season Empty Most likely my last season

Post by Eagle Tue May 06, 2014 9:33 pm

hey guys this is probably going to be my last season. Going to try and find a new league that gives me a chance to win some games. Just getting to the point as soon as i play someone good it not worth my time as it just ending up near 40-0 and cant do anything about it. 

Will see out the end of this season and then see how i feel but at the moment will be quitting at the end.
Eagle
Eagle
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Most likely my last season Empty Re: Most likely my last season

Post by Pastinator Tue May 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi eagle - I'd urge you to stick with it but I know we all play this game to enjoy it. And of your getting beatings it isn't fun. 

I definatley feel playing against better opponents only makes me better tho.  Maybe try another team buddy to mix things up? 

Me and eternal play Afew practice games when were both on - if you see either of us online ask for a game.
Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Tue May 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Stick with it Eagle, try and practice a bit more and maybe play some ranked games for experience, if you can make small improvements each game your going in the right direction no matter what the score. We all take the odd tumping.
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Tue May 06, 2014 10:29 pm

I dont have time to practice. I physically come on and play my game and that it. 

Have 4 thrashing already this season. It not enjoyable knowing im not doing nothing wrong on defence and every play is a 10+ gain. Then I go on offence, see an open player, next thing a player storms in and intercepts or player drops it. Additionally I am lucky if i get 30 yards a game on rushing from 20 attacks. Done all the training and just no luck. 

I was much better at madden 13 and I could just pick up and play and be in games. Cannot do it on this one.
Eagle
Eagle
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Tue May 06, 2014 10:43 pm

Come over to the AFC mate, it's where the good guys play.
The NFC is full of horrible feckers Wink
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed May 07, 2014 9:38 am

You're the only one to beat me this season. And you pretty much controlled that game the whole way.
Like Past said maybe a change of scenery (different team) will help. There are teams available so there shouldn't be anything wrong with switching at the end of the season.

Last edited by brza37 on Wed May 07, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harps Wed May 07, 2014 11:57 am

Eagle wrote:I dont have time to practice. I physically come on and play my game and that it. 

Have 4 thrashing already this season. It not enjoyable knowing im not doing nothing wrong on defence and every play is a 10+ gain. Then I go on offence, see an open player, next thing a player storms in and intercepts or player drops it. Additionally I am lucky if i get 30 yards a game on rushing from 20 attacks. Done all the training and just no luck. 

I was much better at madden 13 and I could just pick up and play and be in games. Cannot do it on this one.

I could have written this.... or any of your messages in this thread.

I've taken a few absolute batterings this season. Watching Lambeau keep Manning in the pocket waiting for sacks because he was beating me so easily was a pretty low point. Watching nothing work against the Bengals was a killer and the Cowboys game was terrible.
I've got no run game at all. I thought it was a poor O-Line that was causing it so threw just about everything at the O-Line during the off-season and its not improved even with a better RB, so its not the players at fault.
I watched DeMarco Murray run rings around my defence time after time and averaged over 8 per carry. My total running for the entire game was 14 freaking yards. I watch my D-Line get pushed back, huge holes appear and no sign of the LB'ers, when I run I never see the same kind of holes.
I was one-dimensional last season, but Tannehill was close to top of the passing leaderboard and I think finished second in the season.

And sometimes, it feels like Madden hates me. I had my second best reciever, Hartline, fumble twice within 10 yards of scoring. In the same game. He's only ever fumbled twice in his entire career.
Add in the sodding thing decides to give a facemask or clipping (what the fark is clipping? How often does that ever get called in games?!?) fouls when you're losing.

During each game I was ready to throw in the towel, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
I'm worse than I was last season, and same as you I only have time to play my online game. Last year I had time to play a few games per week, even if it was on the PSVita.

Its not the losing that gets to me, its not being able to offer any kind of challenge that winds me up.

I've sort of accepted that I suck, so I'm hoping to draft whoever the top QB is in the next draft and hope that does something to help.
I did toy with swapping to the Lions earlier in the season, I love the Dolphins and hate sucking so badly with them so it might make it easier to lose with another team.

This was intended to be a 'chin up' sort of post, but I think I just depressed myself. Woe is me Sad
Harps
Harps
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigjimmyaston Wed May 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Guys, don't give in its only the 2nd season! I've been playing Madden for years and up to last year I never had a winning season but I've practised, I've watched what other teams do and I've learnt to use my XP Points wisely and it seems to be paying off.

Yes we all have a bad day when you throw that interception that you shouldn't but now I just laugh it off and smile.

Keep going and things will get better it just takes time and patience.
Bigjimmyaston
Bigjimmyaston
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by xxeternalxx Wed May 07, 2014 4:08 pm

I think we all share the same thoughts at one point or another - I know I was down after the Vikes, Rams and Eagles beatings, but the weeks go so fast it's pretty much a matter of putting the last ass kicking behind me and moving on to the next team lol. When I lose I can generally tell why I lost, and I'll just PM some of the league guys (Pastinator and Jimmy have been a great help to me) and ask if they're up for unranked games to practice different formations (that I feel I need to work on) against real players who play by our leagues rules.

If I'm around feel free to hit me up man and I'll be happy to play with you, and I'm sure the others would feel the same. Game times can be shortened or lengthened and can be quit whenever if you're tight on time.

I know we compete with each other but I'd like to think we make each other better in the long run, and none of the guys I've asked for help or advice have ever turned their noses up at me. I sort of take pride knowing I'm in one of the better EU leagues going, as far as I know anyway Smile
xxeternalxx
xxeternalxx
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by epone Wed May 07, 2014 4:16 pm

I think this is an issue where you should review your gameplay and practice. A change of scenery from one league to another may not help; it could get even worse. In another league I went from a bottom feeder to superbowl champion by labbing in my spare time but switching teams also helped me; not sure whether it was a psychological thing or purely a roster change freshened things up for me.

Judging by the time of your OP, you were likely thinking about a loss, I would have slept on any decision I'd have made to quit a league and see how I felt about it in the morning; don't let emotions affect you in this way.
epone
epone
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Wed May 07, 2014 7:08 pm

Hey guys, how y'all doing?

After reading the above thread, it reminded me of a true story:-

Once upon a time, approx 3 years ago, a real nice fella was playing Madden. He was bad. He would often throw more picks than completions in a game. He couldn't user a defender to save his life and even had trouble calling even remotely relevant plays. Obviously, he lost every game. This continued for approx 10 seasons, with something like a handful of wins. But everyone really liked this man - he was always happy, regardless of his team sucking so bad and was quite simply a top guy - albeit an awful Madden player.

He never missed a game, he scheduled and turned up promptly every time - same result, but with the same positive disposition that most people thought could be his 'Madden' problem. i.e. too nice a guy to take it seriously enough to actually win.

Then, after (by my reckoning) something like 14 seasons - he started to win. Then a winning season came, and then, miracle of all miracles, he made the post season for the first time just a few months ago. 

This guy is in this league now, you all know him - and anyone who has chatted with him will confirm his attitude to online fran is still the same. 

I could never work out why he played for so long, battering on battering, he kept going and made many friends along the way. I thought he was, clearly, just an enthusiastic football fan who was crap at video games but loved the game so much. Then it dawned on me, why he carried on - it was simply because he embodied 'hope'. 
The definition of hope is: the recognition of possibilities. 

This guy proved to everyone that no matter how bad you think you are, you're not. Keep going, and one day things will 'click' into place and things will change big time. In other words guys, don't stop playing because you're struggling, even for several seasons. You can only fail if you quit. 

I hope Big Jimmy Aston doesn't mind me telling his story here.

Also, on a side note - i've been around many leagues over the years and this one has the best commish, and the best group of people by a country mile! I can confirm from experience, switching to a different league will not do any good. But switching teams can help.
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastinator Wed May 07, 2014 7:58 pm

If carlsberg did pep talks ...  Very Happy 

Well put Bish and good to see you name of the forums again, I hope your well. 

Re evaluate it at the end of the season eagle my man. Look at changes you could make - be that playbook or team or both! Keep things simple, find plays that work for u and build on from there. I know your a great player of madden - one of my best games I've had was with you on the previous instalment. I know you can get back to winning more if you stick with it.
Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Wed May 07, 2014 11:27 pm

When I was reading bish's post I thought he was on about Marvin Lewis.
Good on ya Jimmy, We don't want to lose anyone, let's keep the league going till 29 th August, Madden 15 is gonna be the nuts!
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Thu May 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Well said Bish! I'm inspired! You gotta get Al Pacino or Liam Neeson to read that and EA will include it in the intro for Madden 15.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Fri May 09, 2014 11:43 am

I think the main issue is my offence seems to be crumbling. I go into every play with two players (WR,TE,HB) in mind. Rather than reading the defence and trying to change my play depending on how they set up, i just pitch and wait for them two receivers to open up with typically means interception. I don't seem to read opportunities that well and that what i can see others do as they always find the holes. 

Guess i do need to spend some time in practice learning how to outsmart my opponent.
Eagle
Eagle
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigjimmyaston Fri May 09, 2014 11:58 am

Thanks Bish, I don't mind you sharing my story and if anyone is wondering it's all true but my love for the game and the determination to get better made me better!

Eagle - I've learnt that it's important to try and read what the D are doing and then you've got more of a chance to get your receivers etc open!
Bigjimmyaston
Bigjimmyaston
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down