Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak

2 posters

Go down

SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak Empty SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak

Post by Scoop_McLeak Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:33 am

I have many talents, like performing magic not experienced outside of Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry by making Jack Daniels whisky disappear. I attract women like prayers to Tebow, and my playoff predictions are nerve shatteringly accurate!

Here we go people - its PLAYOFF TIME! I will review all the games here so you dont miss a thing:-

AFC WC - Buffalo Bills @ New England Patriots:
The two AFC East foes meet again but this time one goes home! When you look at the pass happy Pats you think it would be a straight forward gameplan - blanket coverage and pass rush right? Wrong. In the Patriots final game of the season they ran the ball 22 times with mighty mouse Danny Woodhead and in doing so gave the Bills a dilemma. Smart move by Coach Ryso, if you can put doubt in your opponents mind its a big bonus. WR Louis Murphy has had a great season and is Tom's favourite target (as the 50-7 wk 12 rout of the Steelers testifies) and the Bills have got to get their pass D up to the level they play the run. Buffalo have sneaked into the playoffs with impressive back-to-back wins over the Texans and Panthers - no mean feat, and they play as a team with no superstars but the Carolina bullies have removed THREE STARTERS from the game by hitting HB CJ Spiller, MLB Kelvin Sheppard and the excellent FS Jairus Byrd too hard and too often. Spiller is a massive loss and i predict the Pats will edge this one as Buffalo now have 4 starters on the treatment table just at the wrong time. Add to that the Brady/Murphy Show and the depleted Bills will have to retreat back to Ralph Wilson Stadium without their cigars.
New England 28 Buffalo 20

AFC WC - Indianapolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens:
The Ravens are No1 D in total yards and No4 in points allowed while the Colts boast the No1 pass D. However, this game will be won in the trenches as Ray Rice and Delone Carter go head to head in what is sure to be a brutal affair. Out of the 4 WC contests this is the one requiring most body bags and is likely to be a low scoring knockout bout. Since Indianapolis were taken over by new Coach Morpheus Manning and Pierre Garcon are fluid and they are unbeaten in 5 games but have 6 players out injured, and in particular DE Dwight Freeney's loss will make this game even tougher. The Ravens will hope their superstar safety Ed Reed will be in fine form and as the season has progressed Joe Flacco has improved. Rice or Carter will be the difference in this one, and its a tough one to call but i'm going with Baltimore 17-14 in a bloodbath.

NFC WC - Carolina Panthers @ Philadelphia Eagles:
Ooh i love games like this! There's history here and the Panthers have had the edge in recent times which means a heavy dose of revenge will be included in the Philly playbook no doubt. The Panthers tend to run a pass heavy offense (who wouldn't with Cam Newton) but with DeAngelo Williams in the backfield the run plays are chosen carefully for maximum effect and his 5.3 yard average means no team can rest easy in coverage. With Cam also rolling out defenses have a real headache trying to stop WR's Smith, Waugh and rookie TE Jason Fobbs. As if that wasn't enough Carolina has the No1 rush defense and will stone-wall any run attack. The Eagles will likely be looking to pass more than usual in this game, and have more than enough weapons to do so. DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and quicksilver TE Aaron Hernandez provide seriously dangerous deep threats and McCoy has rushed for a staggering 24 TD's so i expect this game to be a shoot-out. Philly have overcome physical and mental stress with their tough season but, like Carolina, can beat the best on their day. Both teams have lost 5 times this season but i am going for the Eagles in this one as i think their overall defense plus Peter Newcomer will just do enough to stop Cam and co. Philadelphia 31 Carolina 23.

NFC WC - Chicago Bears @ Arizona Cardinals:
Speaking of history, the Bears and Cards have met in the playoffs a couple of times as well as the regular season with Chicago coming out on top. Is this the game where Arizona finally get one over on the reigning champs? Maybe. But the pass D will need to play to their potential as well as stopping Rodman Brooks on the ground. The Cards have great offensive talent with all 5 WR's going over 24 catches on the season, add to that TE Rob Housler and Jawaun Sales becomes an even bigger threat as Brandon Toscano spreads the ball about. Scoring isn't a problem but the result of this game will depend entirely on the Arizona D, play great and win - anything less and the Bears bite power will be too much. Chicago has strength all around their roster, Brooks is finally looking like a top RB (albeit injury prone) and with Peppers, Cromartie and Thomas on D they are never easy to score on. The Ben Roethlisberger trade raised a few eyebrows but he has settled in nicely and although the dangerous Johnny Knox is injured David Gettis has stepped into the No1 WR position seamlessly. The Cards are capable but i will go with the Bears 27-21.

Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak Empty Re: SML IV Playoff Review by Scoop McLeak

Post by AfroDizzyMac Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:26 am

Top notch write up! Smile

...and of course your predictions will be 100% acurate Wink
AfroDizzyMac
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down