Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak

+6
Pooky18
brza37
Dazinkster
AfroDizzyMac
Chimpy_Nuts
Scoop_McLeak
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak Empty 'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak

Post by Scoop_McLeak Thu May 10, 2012 11:48 pm

The fine football institution that is The SML has, in all its considerable wisdom, deemed the league's owners worthy of a forum specifically to exchange views, opinions, questions, rant, and even be interviewed in.
Naturally, this latest league spectacular will be chaired by my good self for a small increase in salary - and you guys reap the benefits. But before you all reach for a dictionary, lets just clarify what this forum is all about so i dont get any time wasters enquiring about 'mis-direction' and what is her phone number.
Its a forum where you can air your views or ask questions about anything SML, like who was MVP in SBI? or what is the real reason behind Vick's benching? Some of you 'so-called' coaches may want to understand why a LOLB's rating improves at ROLB, or you may want to know why some idiot ran up the score against you! I have a team of analysts ready to answer any questions but i also want to hear your opinions on other teams - remember - my hit squad are waiting to be given their next assignment to dig deep into the locker rooms that are otherwise off limits to you guys.

So, basically its an informational forum covering all angles from complements to insults, questions to answers and just good old fashioned rumour mongering! If you want to know something just post, plus once a week i will be interviewing a coach, so dont be surprised when you get a questionaire in your inbox from yours truly! Next weeks interview will be the Commish himself but beyond that coaches will be randomly chosen - depending on current events.

To get the ball rolling, i will be asking a few pertinent questions of my own - so, my unimportant friends, stay tuned!
Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak Empty Re: 'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak

Post by Scoop_McLeak Fri May 11, 2012 12:07 am

The high flying Dallas Cowboys have unleashed a certain halfback on the SML this season - not just his play but WTF is that name all about, Algrenon??? Sounds like a math formula to me! Anyways, my first question is to coach Chimpy - how the heck does a guy with average stats lead the league in rushing with a 10+ yard average per carry - come on, whats the secret? Was it a gamble (he didn't start first couple of games), or part of a masterplan?

My 2nd question is directed at the Black and Silver camp, and more specifically coach OneSuddenStrike - Mr Strike, what do you think you're playing at? We have all come to expect a nice easy game against the Raiders but now you've gone and won 2 games on the bounce! With the next 4 opponents being the Ravens, cpu Chargers, Bills and cpu Texans are we to expect a winning record down the stretch? Tell us, how has this OneSuddenStreak happened?

Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak Empty Re: 'SML Head Zone' presented by Scoop McLeak

Post by Chimpy_Nuts Fri May 11, 2012 9:54 am

No "Masterplan", just a happy accident. lol

DeMarco Murray was gonna be my guy but he is always injured. Then there is Willis with 94 speed and 99 trucking but he is very small and for some reason I never see that 99 trucking.

McKoy is listed at 210lbs but on the field he looks a lot bigger. I prefer bigger HBs. Add his size to his high Agility, Acceleration and Speed that's what makes him good. For me anyway.

Running backs are running backs just like in the NFL, It's just my opinion but they are not worth their OVR rating.

Adrian Peterson is the only HB that I think is worth anywhere near his OVR rating. In this franchise, if I was to rank the running backs, AP would be 1 and the 2nd player would be Jonathan Stewart. Stewart is a big, fast HB with high trucking and the fact he is still a free agent is more proof that a running back is just a running back.
Chimpy_Nuts
Chimpy_Nuts
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac Fri May 11, 2012 10:44 am

Despite being a Raiders fan, I will be doing my best to put a winning streak together of my own Smile
AfroDizzyMac
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazinkster Fri May 11, 2012 10:48 am

Nice section!

I gotta say I think the other RB that plays up to a high rating is Arian Foster. Having used him in another franchise he's a beast. Again with the 99 trucking, but with the top speed to break the big runs.
Dazinkster
Dazinkster
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Fri May 11, 2012 11:54 am

Scoop McLeak is the hardest working man in sports news! I like! cheers

Chimpy, I sure saw Willis' 99 trucking when we played last year.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pooky18 Fri May 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Great forum idea. Look forward to reading all the owners interviews.
Pooky18
Pooky18
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by OSS-LondonRaider Fri May 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Well what can I say …I have had quite a bit of help from many of you in here at one point or another and that for me has been immense. This is a hard game to understand let alone play and without the help I don’t think I would have still be playing the game. Of course I have a long way to go but in my second season in this league am happy that I have already won 2 games which is what I had done last season, next target is to beat a human Ravens look out Afro !! As for the streak I think it down to me trying to keep things simple and the extra hours in the gym, digits are starting to look developed and my thumbs are improving all the time…I must also thank my fitness coach who has designed some excellent exercises to develop thumb strength as well as agility in the joints…taking over my beloved Raiders helped me as well as a decent draft . Great job by the way with the column and the forum.

cheers
OSS-LondonRaider
OSS-LondonRaider
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac Sat May 12, 2012 11:09 am

This is an excellent thread topic..let's keep it going. Smile

I'm a 'so-called' coach and I want to understand why my LOLB's rating improves at ROLB... Smile
AfroDizzyMac
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Sat May 12, 2012 11:14 am

Hey Eder - usual close game last night - and usual Vikes win dammit!

One thing, that 50 yard TD for Percy Harvin - how did he get THAT open against cover 2 defense?

He was totally alone 40 yards downfield - great play!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Sat May 12, 2012 11:17 am

Fair play to Mr McLeak and the SML top brass for this new thread, i think it could be a lot of fun! Bottle of JD on its way from Europe's toughest division - the NFC North!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 Sat May 12, 2012 11:22 am

Yeah great game bish. NFC NORTH WAR at his best!! I dont now why he was that open - my reaction was actually a little late - because i wasnt expecting him to be there : ).

Did you see, that i had 8 pass deflection and 0 INT´s - you had 0 pass deflections but 3 INT´s..... what do my db´s do out there xD
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Sat May 12, 2012 11:29 am

Interesting point that about the pass deflections and INT's - i wonder if the fact that Cutler's throw power of 98 has anything to do with it?

Anyone got any ideas on that?
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop_McLeak Tue May 15, 2012 10:52 am

AfroDizzyMac wrote:This is an excellent thread topic..let's keep it going. Smile

I'm a 'so-called' coach and I want to understand why my LOLB's rating improves at ROLB... Smile

Well, Dizzy I sat down with legendary Linebacker and avid skier, the one true LT, Lawrence Taylor to get to the bottom of this confusion.

It turned out to be a waste of time in regards to getting an answer but one hell of a party. Basically, LT kept repeating stuff about reckless abandon and Bobby Boucher between shots, lines and hookers.

In the end he said it all boils down to two things:
1. Most people are right-handed so they are better at ROLB than they are at LOLB because R is for Right and L is for the other hand.
2. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Since his first point is obviously not the answer I did a little digging myself and came up with this.
LOLB is typically your strongside LB in Madden which means he is tasked with taking on a blocker at the point of attack, because depending on defensive alignment an OT or TE will usually be free to block him at the next level. So an LOLB needs to have strength and block shedding ability. Whereas the ROLB is usually covered up with a DE on the tackle and the NT getting a shot on the OG. So ROLBs don't need as much block shedding ability.

In the Nickel D, the ROLB or WILL LB also stays on the field while the LOLB or SAM goes to the bench. So the ROLB needs to be faster and have coverage ability in order to excel in the Nickel defense which is geared to stop the pass.
So, if you have a fast LOLB with good coverage ability he may be rated higher as an ROLB.

I hope that answers your question Dizzy. Now, I'm off to do a bit more research on LTs second hypothesis.
Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Tue May 15, 2012 12:06 pm

Beautifully put Scoop, i thought LT would be in your circle of friends somehow!

Lawrence Taylor was a one man wrecking ball - us old'un's watched in awe as he constantly collapsed double and triple team blockers en route to the QB in the 80's, Probably the most fearsome LB i've ever seen - pretty good against the run too!

The character he plays in 'Any Given Sunday' was just a toned down version of him in real life lol
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac Tue May 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Lol, I do like your style Scoop. Very inventive, and also informative! Smile
AfroDizzyMac
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop_McLeak Tue May 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Hey OneSuddenStrike, reading your response regarding my streak query i couldn't help but wonder about your quote:

"digits are starting to look developed and my thumbs are improving all the time…I must also thank my fitness coach who has designed some excellent exercises to develop thumb strength as well as agility in the joints…"

Seems to me the improvement over at Oakland may not be luck at all, but part of a Raider Mega-program. The rumours about M13 and specifically the passing options lead me to believe Mr Strike is one step ahead of the rest of the coaches by hiring a Thumb Fitness Coach in preparation. Whatever next, finger weights, wrist steroids .............

Also, Mr Nuts, i agree with your comment about HB's in Madden being 'just HB's'. In the NFL speed alone will not cut it - check Matt Forte for example, he is a patient back who reads the defenders really well, and its that patience that makes him sooooo dangerous! It would be nice if EA could include that element in M13.

Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop_McLeak Sat May 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Good news gentlemen - The season one owner of the New Orleans Saints has returned to the Dome and reclaimed his rightful position as Saints Coach. Welcome back Ryan Bendis.

The Saints are currently 5-5 and are very capable of making 10 wins. You all know what that means, the NFC playoff battle just got even more exciting!

Also, we have had some new owners join SML this season - Afro, Kjnoncho, RG3, KingMorchel, Notorious, GCurrie and Dazinkster. So, tell us what your thoughts are guys. Tell us if you have any suggestions etc ..... naturally we'll ignore them but its nice to know what you're thinking!

I thought it would also be a nice (but meaningless) idea to see who you guys fear the most and, in your opinions are likely to win their respective conferences and go on to the show! I'll start, i will roll my expertly balanced dice and say Eagles. (Yes, i did receive a crate of JD from Philly but that has nothing to do with it). Why I hear you ask? - too much talent on that team and Coach Brza has been battling bad luck, injuries etc for a while now. That luck will turn Philly's way soon and with a helping hand from the Madden Gods they could be unstoppable!

So, over to you guys: - Eagles, Vikes, Chiefs, Titans, Raiders etc.... who do you make SB faves?
Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop_McLeak Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:56 pm

ITS PLAYOFF TIME!!!!!!!!!

Here we are guys, the business end of the season and the Madden Gods are patiently deciding who to favour in SML season IV.

Will it be the in, out, in, out, definitely out, then definitely in Philadelphia Eagles? The Turnover Supernova from KC? Will Tampa Bay buck hard enough? Does Adrian Peterson have enough in the purple tank? Can Jake Locker lead the Titans all the way?

Who knows, but i'm going to give a few tips to would be ring-bearers:-

DO NOT take the defenses of NFC playoff juggernauts Minnesota and Chicago lightly.
Break up Josh Freemans rhythm or the Buccs will be hard to beat.
Philly just may have the Gods smiling on them. Run the ball or lose to the Birds.
Make sure your secondary is sound or the Cards will go over you.
Stop Deangelo Williams or kiss your ring goodbye.
DO NOT throw deep against the Chiefs or it'll be over by half-time.
You'll have to outscore the Titans.
You cant stop Tom Brady - but you must limit the damage.
Roll your sleeves up and be prepared to try and out-muscle the Ravens.
Force the Colts to pass or they could run to a title.

These are just a few of my observations - be nice to hear what all the owners in the playoffs think who are the team to beat?

Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by morpheus Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Beautifully written
morpheus
morpheus
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazinkster Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:18 am

I genuinely think there's 6+ teams that are very evenly matched and could beat each other on "Any given Sunday".
Dazinkster
Dazinkster
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:23 am

Obviously the Eagles are the team to beat but unfortunately the team is so good that they often beat themselves. So I would have to pick the Chiefs and Vikes as the favorites for SML Bowl IV. Both teams can run and both play good defense albeit it differently. The Chiefs take the ball away from the QB while the Vikes just keep the QB on the ground.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:41 am

I agree with Daz in as much as there is no obvious favourite and literally any of the playoff teams could go all the way!

But, in the spirit of things i will go for a Vikes-Titans SB, both teams have top RB's and experienced Coaches.

Just hope they are both lucky enough to avoid meeting Da Bears!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:30 pm

My heaviest loss of the season came at the hands of the Vikings and their excellent coach, however my connection on that day was not at it's best, the quality of the opposition shone through.

For me, Vikings are fav's, but as has already been said, each of the teams remaining are more than capable of going the way.

The Ravens players are fit and ready to go, and are more than happy to be involved in the play-offs. Smile

AfroDizzyMac
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:14 pm

I just noticed - Brza made his SB prediction above before the playoffs started and chose the Vikes and Chiefs!!!!!

Didn't realise the commish was psychic!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next