Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
And the best team is .............. ? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
And the best team is .............. ? EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
And the best team is .............. ? EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
And the best team is .............. ? EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
And the best team is .............. ? EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
And the best team is .............. ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
And the best team is .............. ? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
And the best team is .............. ? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
And the best team is .............. ? EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

And the best team is .............. ?

+4
AfroDizzyMac
Pastinator
MeisterEder69
Scoop_McLeak
8 posters

Go down

And the best team is .............. ? Empty And the best team is .............. ?

Post by Scoop_McLeak Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Greetings my big hitting, route running, nose breaking, motivating, cool running, high stepping, back breaking, separating, head cracking ....... Maddenites! Just a little taster from my latest hip hop release available in all good record stores throughout America!

Ok, as we approach the stretch the usual suspects are jostling for position and seedings are the hot topic around SML headquarters (as well as the usual 'secret santa' problem .... everyone calls in sick on the day the names are given out trying to avoid getting the Commissioner). So, as a little change to the annual 'will the AFC EVER win a superbowl' question, i thought we should take an in-depth look at an area that has also been debated at great length around these parts ...... who has the best passing attack?
This topic is more relevant than usual this year as M13 has put paid to any serious running teams as the outside run seems to be the only option, due to HB's being tackled by their own O linemen if they try and run up the middle. Without further ado, let us examine the facts, so pay attention - you may learn something!

So far this season, Jay 'Cuddly' Cutler of the Chicago Bears has thrown a ton of TD's and a yardage haul that would make Joe Montana blush. DeSean (Usain Bolt in disguise) Jackson has 16 td's and nearly 1300 yards. Brandon 'Glide' Lloyd and Anquan (no rhyme) Boldin have over 50 catches each. But the next stat i am going to reveal is MASSIVE, and i believe the main indicator of who the real superbowl favourites are in our pass happy league. (Stay seated Minnesota and San Fran).

After taking a minimum of 75 catches per team, which involves either the top 2 or 3 receivers from the top teams on MaddenDaddy (Vikes, 9ers, Eagles, Bears, Pats, Bills & Ravens) i have compiled the table below showing who is the real team that everyone should fear going in to the playoffs:-

1) New England
2) Baltimore
3) Philadelphia
4) San Francisco
5) Minnesota
6) Buffalo
7) Chicago

Now, before i get half of the NFC North on the phone, let me explain why the New England Patriots are the team to fear. Out of the cross section of offensive pass efficiency, the Pats have an astonishing drop rate of just 3% (drop rate % is the number of drops in comparison to number of actual catches i.e. if a WR catches 100 but has also dropped 15, his drop rate is 15%) - compared to the worst team above, Chicago, who have an even more astonishing drop rate of 32%. (Thats 1 in 3 - Ed)

The Pats main aerial threat is Brandon Lloyd and Gronk, who have caught 93 passes, 1407 yards, 7 td's and dropped just 3 passes between them. Gronkowski is the best receiver in the league from an efficiency point of view, tied with Brent Celek of the Birds, but Gronk puts up bigger numbers and is a much more vertical threat than Celek. Out of the wideouts, Minnesotas' Percy Harvin (4% drop rate) is without doubt the leagues best single deep threat closely followed by Djax (8%). Both of these guys are scintillating but as a group the Pats are tops (when you consider the numbers of Aaron hernandez as well).

So, why is the 'drop rate' so important. I'll sum it up in the words of the famous old Coach Woody Hayes who quipped - "only 3 things can happen to a pass, and 2 of them are bad". And that my friends is the key to post season success. You have got to put your receivers in position and make the right play calls to go deep in the post season. Full stats below:-

Name Team Rec Yards TD Drops Drop%
Knox Bears 27 751 5 11 41
Marshal Bears 38 665 5 7 20
Hester Bears 22 560 7 8 36
Johnson Bills 32 620 3 9 27
Easley Bills 24 440 6 2 8
Bennett Bills 23 306 2 8 33
Harvin Vikes 48 1198 11 4 8
Rudolph Vikes 42 854 6 8 19
Crabtree 49ers 47 1121 11 5 11
Davis 49ers 41 762 8 4 10
Jackson Eagles 68 1286 16 8 12
Celek Eagles 37 531 3 1 3
Boldin Ravens 57 955 6 1 2
Smith Ravens 45 734 8 3 7
Lloyd Pats 55 704 5 2 4
Gronk Pats 38 703 2 1 3

And there you have it. I know what you're all thinking - rather have a speedy WR who catches 75 for 1500 yards and 10 tds than a slow, sure handed guy catching 75 for 750 yards and 5 tds. But in my expert opinion, stats are not as important as game management, and thats how titles are won!

Oh yes, before i go - bit of advice for Johnny Knox - 41% (drop rate) may be higher than your school grades but its really not cool in the SML.

Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

And the best team is .............. ? Empty Re: And the best team is .............. ?

Post by MeisterEder69 Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:01 am

SWEEEET SCOUP. I REALLY MISSED IT!!!! cheers
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

And the best team is .............. ? Empty Re: And the best team is .............. ?

Post by Pastinator Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:00 am

amazing stuff scoop, brilliant read as always .
Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Great write up Scoop, and top notch analysis on the passing game Smile
AfroDizzyMac
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Great write up as ever. My opinion though, you can talk all you want about the importance of passing but the best team for me is Eder and the Vikes, AP is literally unstoppable in his hands. When you know what's coming and still can't contain, let alone stop it then it's gonna be a long day!
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop_McLeak Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Very good point Mr Notorious, Eders Vikings are still the team to beat. But even when you have AP - winning games is all about game management, and thats where the importance of passing is key. Minnesota tend to get in front early in games but when its close Ponder is called upon.

There is a lot more to being successful than just one category within the game but my personal favourite is 3rd down completions.

Adrian Peterson does the best job in the SML of helping the Vikes avoid too many 3rd down situations. Can anyone stop them this season, of course they can, but, lets be honest here, a few injuries to Minnesota wouldn't upset too many HCs ..........
Scoop_McLeak
Scoop_McLeak
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pooky18 Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:25 pm

Great write up with fanatic information. Plus at last the Patriots are good at some thing!
Pooky18
Pooky18
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 am

So are you saying the Bills are great with that awful drop percentage or great because the drop percentage is low?

Or are you saying we just suck at passing and should stick to the most dominant ground game in the league? (You can talk about AP all you want but take away AP and you have nada.. Take away Fred Jackson and you have CJ Spiller, and vice versa Wink )

Great write up and I look forward to future analysis!
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:21 pm

I just counted that I have had 44 drops on the season by all WRs. Is that a record? lmao
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Bears had that many by week 12 - but still impressive mate!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:07 pm

Really?? Your Bears or real life Bears?

I am STUNNED lmao

I thought my drops were bad in my Rams franchise... sheeesh.

I think if TJack had those passes completed he'd be sitting at an upper 60% completion percentage for the season.

trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down