Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
1 - SML Draft Preview Season 22 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
1 - SML Draft Preview Season 22 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
1 - SML Draft Preview Season 22 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
1 - SML Draft Preview Season 22 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
1 - SML Draft Preview Season 22 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
1 - SML Draft Preview Season 22 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
1 - SML Draft Preview Season 22 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
1 - SML Draft Preview Season 22 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
1 - SML Draft Preview Season 22 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

SML Draft Preview Season 22

+6
Mattanite
DatIsraeliGuy
warrior9674
Bishbosh1985
Tim S
epone
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1 - SML Draft Preview Season 22 Empty SML Draft Preview Season 22

Post by ParaAUT Tue May 02, 2017 10:14 am

Hey,

hope season 22 is correct - we should be now in season 21?! Smile

Regular season is over in just 2 days and the draft order for non-playoff teams will be set. So it's time to start talking draft (if not already done).

I will add draft order here as soon as it is set - seems NYG could have lost No 1 overall pick with the win in Wk17.

Planning to add a preview for draft prospects too as I have more information and maybe a mock draft too, would be fun Smile

What are your observations of the draft class? What do you think will happen with the first picks? Will New York draft their new franchise QB? Wink
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

1 - SML Draft Preview Season 22 Empty Re: SML Draft Preview Season 22

Post by Bartell Tue May 02, 2017 10:37 am

Cant wait for your preview! It might help me (and others out a great deal) 

I have only done 2 drafts in CFM online. Im a novice lol I did pull a superstar once! 

I will be likely to trade picks away for proven talent (I did this last time and it was beneficial I feel I got a QB that is fairly solid)
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by epone Tue May 02, 2017 10:54 am

Looking forward to the preview - will be interesting to see the mock draft and how it plays out compared to the real draft.

Bartell - when is the awards ceremony? Very Happy
epone
epone
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Tue May 02, 2017 11:22 am

epone wrote:Bartell - when is the awards ceremony? Very Happy

LOL after advance buddy  Wink Review Thursday/maybe Friday then hopefully post Friday and voting over weekend (all being well)
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Tue May 02, 2017 12:55 pm

Ooh, sounds fun.

You'll be in the same boat as me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] when it comes to scouting, as we joined later not all our points have been used and we don't really know all the storylines.

Does anyone have all the storylines from the news section written down that they can share with the late comers? Obviously they influence Dev so we're behind on who to reach for or pass on.
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

https://forums.operationsports.com/Mattanite/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim S Tue May 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Yeah, you're right mate, I was able to scout only 23 players till now Sad

Tim S
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Tue May 02, 2017 1:09 pm

Timbo99 wrote:Yeah, you're right mate, I was able to scout only 23 players till now Sad
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], yeah, I've had to focus on needs only and then focus on 1st round. Will probably get a good spread of results for 2nd round by the end. I'm not as bad off as I inherited a fairly well put together team with all max No. of resignings already done.

I caught week 14s and 16s storys so can share their possible outcomes (but not the story line itself).

You've also missed a lot of the weeks the draftable UDFAs show, you have 3 more chances to highlight them (I put them on my watch list whether I scout them or not)

• Superbowl week
  • Off-season Stage 2 (Combine week)
  • Off-season Stage 3 (Pro day week)

Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Tue May 02, 2017 1:12 pm

I would invite everybody to share their thoughts and opinions after the preview Wink So we can collect some inputs as the storylines. I only know the Heisman winner which is the only relevant story which I know for this season. But for sure the preview would be a nice way to help the new owners without giving away all the scouting results.

Of course I will incorporate some speculations in the preview and for sure it will not reflect my draft values Razz We have some AI picks, so the AI value has to have some role too as the AI may rank some prospects differently than I do...
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Tue May 02, 2017 5:18 pm

Looking forward to the mock, send the criminals to cincinnati...

You guys who have joined late message me a players name,  I've scouted most but no one line,  I'll pass on grades if I have them...
Small print..... one player per coach, can't help anyone in AFC.
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Tue May 02, 2017 6:28 pm

As per Warrior, i have scouted certain areas and will pass on my genuine (honest) info to the newcomers, just PM me with a position (and a draft pick) for all i know.

Love the idea of some previews and mocks. It would be great to have several (like the NFL) to see who's the best. I believe Scoop McLeak would not pass up the chance of a bit of 'mock' competition.

Great stuff chaps.
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by DatIsraeliGuy Tue May 02, 2017 8:09 pm

Actually, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I read your OS post and already highlighted all UDFAs and actually have a few interesting prospects there.

As for the Draft Stories, I don't know all of them and would love a list

And warrior, I like the challenge of drafting without as many weeks to draft

DatIsraeliGuy
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed May 03, 2017 9:00 am

I have screenshots of some of the draft stories that I could tweet tonight.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DatIsraeliGuy Wed May 03, 2017 9:06 am

I'll be down for that.

While we're all here, I think it's only fair to upgrade Archambeau's development to SS for not getting player of the week in week 15, something that can upgrade his development status for free

DatIsraeliGuy
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Wed May 03, 2017 12:28 pm

DatIsraeliGuy wrote:While we're all here, I think it's only fair to upgrade Archambeau's development to SS for not getting player of the week in week 15, something that can upgrade his development status for free

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], reread that post a couple of times but the grammar is hard to read. It's also missing a cheeky "Razz" if you were joking? Otherwise it looks like you are actually seriously asking a commissioner to upgrade your players dev. Razz
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartell Wed May 03, 2017 12:42 pm

Geodude wrote:
DatIsraeliGuy wrote:While we're all here, I think it's only fair to upgrade Archambeau's development to SS for not getting player of the week in week 15, something that can upgrade his development status for free

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], reread that post a couple of times but the grammar is hard to read. It's also missing a cheeky "Razz" if you were joking? Otherwise it looks like you are actually seriously asking a commissioner to upgrade your players dev. Razz

pretty much sure it wasnt cheeky it was a genuine request based on something else I read  Laughing
Bartell
Bartell
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Wed May 03, 2017 12:50 pm

Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], are you aware of the scouting tool on Operation Sports, written by Old Man Nathy. It's an excel file that might help you put the preview together:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Wed May 03, 2017 1:14 pm

Geodude wrote:Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], are you aware of the scouting tool on Operation Sports, written by Old Man Nathy. It's an excel file that might help you put the preview together:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm aware of the tool, but I think I won't use it for this purpose.
It requires some more effort to fill the file and especially I would need all prospects scouted. That's not the case at the moment Wink But some uncertainty adds just some fun to the projections as they will be just way off, but just like in real life Razz
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DatIsraeliGuy Wed May 03, 2017 1:56 pm

Geodude wrote:

You don't follow my SMLE Twitter don't you?
Yeah I was cheeky, of course he shouldn't get instant SS development since he's only on normal.
But he definitely deserves a free upgrade for quick development

DatIsraeliGuy
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattanite Wed May 03, 2017 3:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Haha just seem it, makes perfect sense now Smile
Mattanite
Mattanite
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by DatIsraeliGuy Wed May 03, 2017 9:43 pm

MAKES SENSE?!?!
THE ROOKIE HAD 5 TDS AND DIDNT GET PLAYE-

Oh, you were talking about the free upgrade thing.
Okay

DatIsraeliGuy
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

1 - SML Draft Preview Season 22 Empty Pre-Super Bowl Mock Draft

Post by ParaAUT Tue May 09, 2017 8:47 am

Pre-Super Bowl Mock Draft

Our players have a funny week at the Pro Bowl, the Colts and Cowboys are focused on the Super Bowl - all others are planning for the next season. Off-season is just days away, free agency is approaching and of course: THE DRAFT.

This is Para's Mock Draft 1.0 just ahead of the Super Bowl. Rankings are subject to change in the coming days depending on how free agency is playing out for each team, but this is a first look at players and teams' needs.

No.TeamSchemeTop 3 NeedsDraftPos SchoolComment2
1Giants4-3G / QB / TEJoey SepulvedaQBFlorida StateGiants talked all season to get their replacement for 37y old Eli Manning and they get the reigning Heisman trophy winner here.
2Lions4-3T / G / OLBDonterius KirkendollLTTennesseeTheir O-Line is a mess and the Lions get their future franchise tackle here. Questions?
3Jaguars3-4DT / MLB / TESolomon Shelby MLBLSUThe Jags would absolutely love to trade down here to get more bodies for one of the worst defenses in football. If not, they reach a bit here and take the best available prospect at MLB with Solomon Shelby.
4Redskins3-4DT / S / GGraham McCarthyOLBUCLARedskins have by far the worst offense in the league, but there is simply no value at this spot to find. A trade down is certainly an option - if not, they take the best pass rusher here.
5Chiefs4-3QB / OLB / SKirkland HitchensREUCLASomehow the Chiefs have the 3rd worst run defense in the league. It fits that they get help in pass rush and run defense here in Kirkland Hitchens from UCLA.
6Patriots3-4OLB / DE / CBDeMarcus ConleyLEOregonConley immediately improves their 4th worst pass defense. Not sure if they can keep Joe Thomas this off-season, so maybe OT could be an option here.
7Broncos3-4G / T / DTChristian TolliverFSTexasBroncos need playmakers on defense. They would prefer a DT up front to improve the league's worst rushing defense, but there is simply no DT worth at this pick.
8Packers3-4T / DT / CBKris PaceLTIndianaPackers need improvements at the tackle spots - here it is.
9Panthers4-3T / OLB / TEChristian EvansRTUSCPanthers have to worst rushing offense and give up the most sacks in the league. Need more reasons why they reach for a tackle here?
10Texans3-4G / DT / CBCarlos ToefieldFSWisconsinThis texans roster needs upgrades at various spots, so they grab the best player available in the defensive backfield with Toefield from Wisconsin. Can be the playmaker they absolutely need!
11Titans4-3CB / DE / CJorge EdmonsCBUCLATitans would love to replace their aging corners and upgrade the pass rush. There is more value here going for a CB and they do. Edmons is the 3rd UCLA prospect going in the top 10 - nice work!
12Dolphins4-3G / RB / DETremaine MoselyRBArizona St.The 2nd worst rushing offense takes a RB - seems right.
13Falcons3-4G / DE / QBCarey ProvostCTexas A&MFalcons are in dire need of interior OL and in this scenario they get the best center in this class. They could get a successor for 33y Matt Ryan too, but elect to focus on the team in front of him.
14Buccaneers4-3G / OLB / SBronson CombsWROklahomaThe Bucs will face some huge questions on offense. They have the 2nd worst passing offense, interior O-Line needs are obvious and it's not clear if they want to re-sign Winston at this point. In this case they go with the best WR prospect this year in Bronson Combs from Oklahoma. Certainly not a bad start to rebuild an offense.
15Chargers3-4RB / DT / MLBSherman StreeterRBGeorgiaTheir defense is crap, but at this spot the best defense prospects are already taken. So they get their RB for the future.
16Steelers4-3QB / MLB / CBAmari RutherfordQBClemsonSteelers need a QB and Rutherford drops all the way - Steelers fans can be happy with their new franchise QB.
17Bears3-4C / T / QBHayden ThorpeCUCLABears need O-Line help and they get UCLA center Hayden Thorpe. Nice value here.
1849ers3-4OLB / CB / TJeVante HoushmandzadehRENotre DameHoushmandzadeh seems to be best player available, so they take him to improve their pass rush.
19Rams3-4G / OLB / CBRansford BenoitOLBOhio StateRams get a nice LB prospect here with Ransford Benoit from Ohio State.
20Ravens4-3G / DE / CBCecil AndrusFSUtahThe Ravens need upgrades especially on defense, so they take Cecil Andrus from Utah to lead their backfield. Biggest question: Will Brees return for another year? Or will they reach for his replacement here?
21Seahawks4-3OL / RB / DEMike WeathersWRPittsburghThis Seahawks roster is a mess, the golden times are gone. They need help at various spots and the future of former All-Pro DB's Sherman and Thomas is open. They may go DB or OL here, but Mike Weathers is the right decision for a roster depleted of talent.
22Browns4-3QB / TE / OLBKion CrowellTEOle MissBrowns need to go best player available, they may need some small improvements to get them over the top. Crowell could provide them some playmaking ability from the TE spot.
23Bills4-3T / G / DEJarrod BarnettRTTennesseeBills would certainly love here to get some help in the 3rd worst pass defense, but find no value at this spot. So they opt for a nice tackle prospect in Jarrod Barnett.
24Panthers
(from Eagles)
4-3T / OLB / TEThomas BraggMLBFlorida StatePanthers need some LB help and they get an explosive Florida State MLB here.
25Saints4-3QB / T / DEParker ShippQBStanfordQB is a major need and Parker Shipp from Stanford is there - seems like a match made in heaven.
26Jets3-4CB / T / CD.J. BenjaminCBUCFThe Jets have aging Darrelle Revis at CB, but not much else. DJ Benjamin could be the future and he may has a chance to learn a year or two from one of the greatest.
27Cardinals3-4MLB / OLB / CDawson HollyOLBMiamiDawson Holly is kind of a tweener at OLB, but Cardinals can get creative with him and find real value at the end of the first round.
28Bengals4-3DE / MLB / OLBJabari DeVanOLBLouisvilleBengals can focus on some depth and youth at some positions, so they go for Louisville OLB Jabari DeVan. He will not start from day 1, but can provide them some long-time insurance at the LB spot.
29Raiders3-4T / DT / MLBRansford MuldrowDTOle MissThe Raiders have a great offense, but their defense needs some improvement. Muldrow figures to be the best DT in this class, so the Raiders are quite happy to get him at this spot.
30Vikings4-3T / MLB / GSeantrel LevingstonRTIdaho StateO-Line is a need for the Vikings and Seantrel Levingston should be at the top of their board at this stage.
31Colts3-4DT / MLB / TELance BarryMLBUCFColts have the luxury to take the best player available with no real needs across the board. Lance Barry further strengthens the league's 3rd best run defense.
32Cowboys4-3TE / DE / MLBMarvin ParkerTEUCLAThis roster is stocked - can you imagine an electrifying TE improving this offense even more? Poor defenses.

Disclaimer:
- Draft picks do not reflect my personal draft rankings - don't try to read anything from there Wink
- No offense to anybody, I only looked at the rosters and picked the worst positions it could find to attack and assign draft picks too. It's always a pick for best player at a position of need (just best player does not exist in my opinion)
- Needs will change significantly during free-agency, so picks could change

What are your thoughts? Who do you think will go first overall? Will there be major trades in the first round?
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior9674 Tue May 09, 2017 9:16 am

Good job young man, I'm site there will be plenty of first round trades. ....
QB [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
warrior9674
warrior9674
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by DatIsraeliGuy Tue May 09, 2017 9:45 am

I'm gonna ask for draft stories from the last 2 in game weeks, I missed last week and there's a giant spider in my room playing hide and seek with me and he's winning right now.
Not that I'm looking for him, I'm hoping he would come out at some point so I can call someone to kill it.

DatIsraeliGuy
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ParaAUT Tue May 09, 2017 10:28 am

DatIsraeliGuy wrote:I'm gonna ask for draft stories from the last 2 in game weeks, I missed last week and there's a giant spider in my room playing hide and seek with me and he's winning right now.
Not that I'm looking for him, I'm hoping he would come out at some point so I can call someone to kill it.

Think the last draft story I can remember was Sepulveda winning the Heisman trophy in Week 15. I think the next draft stories begin with the Super Bowl, in between there's no college football.

Could be wrong of course, but can't remember a draft story in the last weeks.
ParaAUT
ParaAUT
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DatIsraeliGuy Tue May 09, 2017 11:07 am

If so then I saw it, thought the pro day stories are already in.

Quick update on the spider saga cause you're all clearly interested, he's still hiding the massive bastard, may not sleep tonight but it's not like I have a test tomorrow OH WAIT

DatIsraeliGuy
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next