Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
2011 Season 1 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
2011 Season 1 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
2011 Season 1 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
2011 Season 1 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
2011 Season 1 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
2011 Season 1 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
2011 Season 1 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
2011 Season 1 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
2011 Season 1 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

2011 Season 1

5 posters

Go down

2011 Season 1 Empty 2011 Season 1

Post by brza37 Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Use this thread if you would like to post a report of any recent league game.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

2011 Season 1 Empty Re: 2011 Season 1

Post by brza37 Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:44 pm

brza37 wrote:
The week 11 rivalry matchup between the New York Football Giants and the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday Night Football lived up to its billing as the two battled it out in true NFC East fashion in the snow and 13 mph winds at the New Meadowlands.

The Giants came into the game with an 8-1 record atop the NFC East with a two-game division lead over the Eagles (6-3) and the confidence of having already beaten Philadelphia this season 20-3 on the Eagles turf.

Philadelphia won the coin toss and deferred so that their defense could set the tone first. For the first 4 weeks of the season the Eagles defense was a mess giving up 22 points per game however they worked out their problems and were allowing almost half that (11.5 points per game) the past 5 games. And the Philly D did their job on the first series forcing a three and out. However, the Giants dominant D answered right back by forcing a three-and-out of their own.

After exchanging punts the Giants went on the offensive and grinded out a long drive moving the ball into field goal range. But just when it looked like the Giants were getting on a roll Eagles safety Kurt Coleman stepped in front of an Eli Manning pass for the first takeaway of the day.

The Eagles wasted no time in giving the ball back though, as Michael Vick was intercepted two plays later on a ball that sailed in the strong winds to give the Giants the ball back in Eagles territory at the start of the 2nd Quarter.

The tired Birds defense was able to hold the Giants to only a field goal despite the bad field position.

Down 3-0 Philadelphia finally came up with some offense of their own as they went on a 12 play drive. But inside the 5 yard line the Giants stuffed their opponent 3 plays in a row and forced Philly to settle for just 3 points.

New York couldnt do anything with the ball their next drive though and after a shanked punt gave the ball back to Philly at midfield with a little over 1 minute to go in the first half.

With still three timeouts and a short field the Eagles were able to convert another field goal before the half ended to go up 6-3.

After the Eagles offense wasnt able to get the ball moving again after halftime, Moise Fokou stepped up to get his team the ball back in scoring position as he stripped Ahmad Bradshaw in the snow. This gave the Eagles O the spark they needed and Mike Vick found Jeremy Maclin in the endzone for an 18 yard TD pass on third down to put the team up 13-3 with 3:33 left in the 3rd.

The two rivals exchanged punts and the Giants started the 4th quarter with the ball and down by 10. Just when it appeared the Eagles D had the New York running game under control Ahmad Bradshaw busted loose for a 50 yard TD, almost half of his game leading 109 rush yards, to narrow the lead to just 3 points.

Faced with an important drive Philly just couldnt convert on third and short and gave the Giants back the ball with plenty of time on the clock and all the momentum.

Eli started to lead his team down the field on what appeared to be another one of his comeback drives but the Eagles big money free agent acquisition Nnamdi Asomugha came up with a huge interception.

With about 5 minutes on the clock, a 3 point lead and a faltering run game Mike Vick lead his team on a clutch clock draining drive. He converted on third down 4 times on the drive, each time just barely getting enough for the first. By the end of the drive the Giants had used up all their timeouts and Alex Henery kicked another FG to put the Birds up 16-10 with 18 seconds to play.

To close things out, the Eagles forced a fumble on the ensuing kickoff to take all hopes for a comeback away from the home fans.

In the end, this was a hard fought NFC East battle that could have gone either way. The division race is now tight as the Eagles are just one game behind the Giants. The suddenly surging Cowboys may also have a say in the outcome as they are now 5-5 and still have two games against the division leading Giants. It looks like the once clear NFC East could also go either way and will probably come down to the final week of the season.

Bishbosh1985 wrote:
A match up in the Superdome of the 8-2 Saints ranked 3rd in overall offensive yards and the 8-2 Giants ranked 1st in overall yards allowed meant something had to give! The 1st half proved a physical contest with defences prevailing and the Giants struck first with a FG in the 2nd quarter. The Saints responded with the best drive of the half and went ahead through a Darren Sproles 1 yd TD catch. New York had less than a minute on the clock and drove to the 9 yard line, where on 3rd down a momentum changing interception was made in the endzone denying the Giants a half time lead.

New Orleans started the 3rd quarter in ominous fashion capping an 82 yard drive with Stefan logans 1st TD of the season, soon followed by a 50 yard pick 6 giving the Saints an unassailable 21-3 lead going into the 4th. The Giants were kept at arms length by some stout defending and the Saints do what they do better than most - kept moving the chains and running the clock to ease to a fine victory and psychological advantage going into the latter stages of the season by handling NYs vaunted front 4 with aplomb and limiting Ahmad bradshaw to just 5 carries.

Successful teams win big games and today belonged to New Orleans.

OliFisher96 wrote:
Yay my first match report! Anyway I took over control of the 2-8 Redskins today (darn you CPU) and instantly set about the aim of getting them to an even record by the end of the season. Although this may be optmistic, at least if I just fall short Ill still have done well.

So to Qwest Field in Seattle for a game between two struggling sides and the pressure was on for me to win this game to continue and fulfil my ambitions with this team. I expected to win the game but importantly wanted to get a feel for the team and establish a run game as I love ground and pound football.

The start to the game could not have been any more electrifying. On the first play of the drive, Lynch took it 80 yards for the touchdown as my defense completely eluded me. No dodges, no broken tackles nor any spin moves, he just picked the gap and picked my defense apart. And then can you guess what happened? I took the kickoff back for a TD! My blockers were obviously on a hype and i could just strut to the zone to tie the game up. Then it was a defensive exchange, with Seattle going up by 13 points to 7 on two field goals. However Grossman had thrown two interceptions before halftime and was looking a little shaky. Thanks to a 2 minute drill that followed an interception off the equally shaky looking Tavaris Jackson, I managed to ram the ball into the end-zone to take a 14-13 lead into half time. The defense that followed form the Skins in the second half was fantastic, blanking Seattle throughout 2 quarters. This was helped by a couple more interceptions in dangerous territory that could well have been the difference, polished off by a couple more TDs from Hightower who had a marvellous game, and is someone who I am hoping can spearhead the offense.

28-14 Redskins was the final score from Seattle, and its my first win with the team in my first game which is obviously quite good to me as I expected to be slow going at first. However it is one small step in the rebuilding process and if I cant be there or thereabouts at the end of this season, I will make sure the team has good momentum carrying in to the next season. Obviously I have not been helped by the CPU operating the team before me, however I love a challenge and am ready to compete with this team.

Positives from the game:

- Rushed the ball well with some 10+ yard runs which are great as, to me, these are big plays that frustrate the heck out of the defense and eat away towards the endzone

- Althougn he threw 3 picks, Grossman improved hugely in the second half and I am pleased to have hm leading the offense

- Had great success on the slant route, which could be due to Seattles CBs or I could have struck a little gold mine there

- Plenty of sacks and 3 INTs

Negatives:

- Grossman threw 3 interceptions

- Had quite alot of rushes that were miniscule

- Defense took a while to get going

- O-Line let Grossman get sacked a couple of times during the first half, however this was rectified in the second half

Ill be honest and say I dont have the stats with me and am writing this from memory so it may be a bit vague.

One more step in the rebuilding process and a great start to my franchise...

Bishbosh1985 wrote:
The Green Bay Packers (6-5) visited the New York Giants (8-3) at rainy New Meadowlands in an NFC matchup with much at stake as we approach the stretch. Green Bay had revitalised their playoff ambitions and came in off a 2 game win streak whilst the faltering Giants previous 2 contests ended in convincing defeats.

GB deferred and NYG received, but both Ds were on top in the 1st qtr and not surprisingly the only score was a defensive TD as Prince Amukamara returned a wayward Rodgers pass from 57 yards out as the period ended. GB responded well in the 2nd and started moving the chains, with one particularly spectacular play by Jermichael Finley who caught a short pass and outpaced the coverage for a 60 yd gain. GB added a FG and went one better on their next possession by capping the 80 yard drive with a 2 yd TD run by the Pro-bowl calibre FB John Kuhn. The teams then traded ints as the 1st half ended.

The 3rd started as the 2nd had ended for the Pack with another turnover as Giants LB Micheal Boley nailed an impressive Ray Starks (17-99yds) at the GB 16 and the fumble was picked up by Justin Tuck. NY capitalised on 3rd down with a 13 yd TD pass to Bear Pascoe, just managing to break the plane and give the lead back to the Giants. Green Bay wasted no time and 2 FGs soon had the Pack regain the lead and send the game into the 4th with GB up by 2. The Giants responded by adding 2 FGs of their own as the lead changed hands for the 5th and final time in a topsy turvy contest and sent the match into a thrilling end as GB drove in search of a winning TD. Rodgers hit Jennings down the left sideline for 45 yds after Amukamara tipped the pass and Jennings showed rattlesnake like reactions by grabbing the ball in NY territory. The home fans nerves were shredded as Rodgers probed but Jason Pierre-Paul came up with a huge sack on 4th down and seal the win for New York.

A real tough contest ended in the Giants favour 20-16 but the Pack deserved better, if it wasnt for the Giants D keeping them in it GB would surely have won.

brza37 wrote:
Nice game reports! They really add life to the league. Keep em comin.

Would be cool to see a write-up of the Cards-Cowboys game last week. Looks like it was one hell of an ending according to the scoring summary.

Bishbosh1985 wrote:
The New York Giants travelled to the house that Jerry built in a division rivalry match-up between the 6-6 Cowboys and the 9-3 Giants. The Cowboys have been re-juvenated since new owner Martinomin took over and would have had a winning record if it wasnt for an amazing last minute loss to the Cardinals in their last outing.

The Boys chose to receive but the bad luck continued as Tony Romo tried to complete a quick pass over the middle and was picked off by Daryl Washington. Within seconds Ahmad Bradshaw scampered the 40 yds to put New York 7 up. Dallas then drove to midfield but a 2nd pick by Terrell Thomas was returned to the house to give the Giants a 2 score lead. Undeterred, the Cowboys started moving the ball on the back of the mercurial Felix Jones (23-206 yds) and added 2 FGs, with NYG adding one of their own to give a HT score of 17-6 to the visitors, although Dallas were the width of the bar away from adding a further 3 points with a monster attempt from 57 yds!

The 3rd period was tight, New York added 3 points and the Boys entered the 4th requiring 2 scores. After more sterling work by Superman Jones, slashing and spinning his way up the field, Dallas hopes were dashed by a 3rd Romo int - again finished off by another Bradshaw mazy run. Dez Bryant added his trademark long range score with a 47 yd TD reception by toasting Corey Webster and cementing his reputation as one of the leagues finest WRs. New York closed the scoring with another 3 points to claim a hard earned victory in one of the leagues most competitive divisions, 30-13.

Unfortunately for Dallas, they may just miss out on the playoffs after a great turn around by the new Boss. So, watch out next season as messrs Bryant, Jones & Romo will be strengthened by the draft and looking for glory!
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:36 am

Rams fall to the Vikings in Minnesota:

MeisterEder employed cheese tactics to overcome the Rams, utilizing repetitive play calls on defense and constant audibles and hot routes on offense.

It's difficult to beat someone when they can user a DT and get instantaneous pressure on every snap. When this DT can even do so on running plays, it can be even tougher. The employment of LBs to cover WRs should never work, but it seems it did in todays game, resulting in 3 interceptions from LBs out of 4 in total.

The showing of blitz all game, and dropping into coverage, regardless of offensive look, is something stated as against the rules.

If anyone can inform me of the Madden way to beat super LB coverage, I'd greatly appreciate it, as I called a variety of blitz beaters (Kevin Williams = blitz) to negate the pressure, but was punished for it. Slants were eradicated by the LBs, outs and ins were well covered, screens would get you a handsome total of 2 yards a pop and trying to get over the top was asking to get your QB killed.

Also worthy of interest is the use of the Multiple D Defensive Playbook, and the use of famed pass rushers Jared Allen and Osi Umenyiora as the DEs, not the OLBs. While this was only used a handful of times, it's not exactly sim.

One could say that this is excellent use of personnel, although I somehow don't feel this is the definition of fun for anyone.

The offensive play was frustrating too. A heavy dose of audibles and hot routes, combined with quick snaps allows defenses very little time to adjust, and while this is something offenses should aspire to do in the real NFL, in Madden, especially this sim league, it is against the rules. There were a few instances of my defense simply covering the wrong person despite me manually aligning them over the person they were meant to cover. I do not know if this is intentional by MeisterEder, but it happened. What was good to see was that my warning of excessive dropbacks was heeded, although it is worrying to see a player, after much discussion on this site, drop back 15 yards from where he received the ball (the shotgun) on 2nd and 1 and hit the RB out of the backfield for 7 yards.

The constant use of slants to TEs, and tosses to Adrian Peterson are not impossible to stop, but not particularly fun either. Of course, with the firepower that All Day is, a few big runs were broken off.

I do not know if this is stated in the rules, but motioning a WR into the box and snapping the ball for a RB dive stinks of cheese to me too. Unfortunately I stopped that for minimal gains, so was unable to get a highlight of it.

You combine this sort of gameplay with consistent stat padding vs the CPU and you get a ridiculous cheese player, and someone who, if unwilling to adhere by the fundamental rule of this league (namely SIM), should not be allowed to remain.
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:13 am

Truly,

What you state here is to me cheddar cheese all the way and the sole reason I am playing in a sim league. The few user games i have played have been pretty good. I think we are all guilty of sometimes dropping back too far. I know that on screens I have a tendency to do it (i guess it is just in my fingers).

But nano blitzes with dt´s and motioning wr´s into the box is cheese and a way to exploit the ai. I actually worte brza about the insane amount of sacks during the season for the vikings dt´s and de. If they were obtianed by nano´s I thnik we should do something about it. The rules are pretty simple. We are here to avoid all the online cheesers that are on play now mode.

I hope that we are not calling out MeisterEder too much. I have not played against him so I have no idea of knowing who is right but if what you say is true then we need to adress it.
We are here to play sim ball and have fun. Not playing against constant outside runs by all day and cj2k and drop backs by vick etc.
jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by MeisterEder69 Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:30 pm

i´m fucking speechless.... i have the best d-line in the game and you are complaining about sacks??? i´m playing multiple formations on both sides of the field.
cheesy blitzes wtf. im playing 1on1 with one the best DT against a C or G, win the battle and you call it cheese??? am i crying because Megatron catches every ball against my DB. They are fuckin bad. im playing like the vikings in real life - qb pressure. if it doesnt work you´ll see my db´s jumping like idiots - not deflecting / not intercepting...
and yes im using audibles but max 1 per play. like every qb in the game.... Does anybody say:" Hey Mr. Payton Manning, stop calling plays !!"?

truly i know you are pissed of because you lost, but be honest..... i mean cmon. You played bad. you threw in my coverage and the balls were picked. i rushed inside and out side ap was gone. you snapped undercenter and didnt drop back you got sacked.
and stop start to invent things that didnt happen. somtimes i showed blitz somtimes i didnt - hat are you talking? i recorded the sacks from a 4-3 Cover 4 zone... im rushing with 4 linemen against 5 o-lineman....heavy passrush? i just motioned my receiver one single time in the line..... he didnt block at all because ap was going to the other side.
I lost against brza the other day and had no chance. he was just playing good. i dindt do anything else against him as i do in everygame.
Its no problem for me to play bad against the cpu. the stats are not that important for me. i dont want u to lose the fun on playing madden.

The most of all pisses me of that TRULY told me just once that i did somthing wrong - deep dropback. i didnt even wanted to do it. but he told me and i tried to avoid it.if i didnt you could have told me. im human you can talk to me. i wrote you a message after the game and you didnt answer. today im coming home and im booted from the franchise and didnt even knew why. noone talked to me... why? i invite everybody to watch my game and to tell me what to change. but booting me without telling why thats not fair. If you want i record my next game load it up and you can analyze it.
I repeat its not my intension to cheat. and i like this league and the organisation and would like to play with u guys. i dont want to embarrass anybody when im winning high or anything like that.

Hopefully you think about that decision again....iwould appreciate it.
MeisterEder69
MeisterEder69
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:34 pm

MeisterEder69,

Hate to see that anyone gets booted from the chise. Seems a bit too much for my taste. You never had a chance to defend the accusations (i may be wrong on this one).

Granted the vikes have a great d line. Kevin williams had 2 10 sack seasons in his carreer when all of the sudden he gets 30+ sacks you start to wonder. osi had close to 25 as well. Combining the two you start to believe that something is going on. Nano´s, money plays etc. (could be stellar play be you but then stat padding is against the rules so controll a lb or db instead). Adrian petersen had over 2000 yards (extra ordinary), rookie te kyle r had over 1000 yards. All signs of one dimensional play calling. I could be wrong. Heck andre johnson had a great year for me but i threw to him all the time but then again i usually roll with the rams so i was pleased to see a wr get seperation deep!!

I did not see the game against the rams so i will not comment on that but I hope you can see where we are coming from. I hope that the moderators/commisioners will think this over and we can all sit around the fire and sing songs and hold hands...
jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:25 am

Hey Eder,

like I said in my PM to you on sunday, the boot was just temporarily till I got a chance to hear your side of this. I was away for the past couple days so I had to take quick action and since you've already gotten a warning this season the next step was a temp boot.

I like your idea of recording a game. If thats possible it could really help the situation. I'll PM you later on today so we can try and find a solution.

brza
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:45 pm

So after conferring with both sides and discussing a solution to the stat padding issue MeisterEder agreed to submit to an immediate suspension for the playoffs this season.

Hope this will clear up any controversy that may have been and also shows Eder's commitment to keep it sim in the future.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:17 pm

MeisterEder69 wrote:i´m fucking speechless.... i have the best d-line in the game and you are complaining about sacks??? i´m playing multiple formations on both sides of the field.
cheesy blitzes wtf. im playing 1on1 with one the best DT against a C or G, win the battle and you call it cheese??? am i crying because Megatron catches every ball against my DB. They are fuckin bad. im playing like the vikings in real life - qb pressure. if it doesnt work you´ll see my db´s jumping like idiots - not deflecting / not intercepting...
and yes im using audibles but max 1 per play. like every qb in the game.... Does anybody say:" Hey Mr. Payton Manning, stop calling plays !!"?

truly i know you are pissed of because you lost, but be honest..... i mean cmon. You played bad. you threw in my coverage and the balls were picked. i rushed inside and out side ap was gone. you snapped undercenter and didnt drop back you got sacked.
and stop start to invent things that didnt happen. somtimes i showed blitz somtimes i didnt - hat are you talking? i recorded the sacks from a 4-3 Cover 4 zone... im rushing with 4 linemen against 5 o-lineman....heavy passrush? i just motioned my receiver one single time in the line..... he didnt block at all because ap was going to the other side.
I lost against brza the other day and had no chance. he was just playing good. i dindt do anything else against him as i do in everygame.
Its no problem for me to play bad against the cpu. the stats are not that important for me. i dont want u to lose the fun on playing madden.

The most of all pisses me of that TRULY told me just once that i did somthing wrong - deep dropback. i didnt even wanted to do it. but he told me and i tried to avoid it.if i didnt you could have told me. im human you can talk to me. i wrote you a message after the game and you didnt answer. today im coming home and im booted from the franchise and didnt even knew why. noone talked to me... why? i invite everybody to watch my game and to tell me what to change. but booting me without telling why thats not fair. If you want i record my next game load it up and you can analyze it.
I repeat its not my intension to cheat. and i like this league and the organisation and would like to play with u guys. i dont want to embarrass anybody when im winning high or anything like that.

Hopefully you think about that decision again....iwould appreciate it.

I'm sorry I didn't mention it at the time, but I was pretty frustrated and logic in that regard didn't really come into the equation.

I never said cheesy blitzes. I said that you usering Kevin Williams like that was ridiculous, but not unfair. What was unsim was the showing blitz out of a 4-3, dropping into a cover 4 or 3 and being able to pick off and deflect 3 yard outs. It is impossible to attack a D if a 5 wide set with short routes are still being stopped by base defenses. That is unsim. It was only a problem because you can user Kevin Williams so well. If you usered a less effective DT which would allow me at least a second to maybe throw elsewhere then it'd be slightly more reasonable. What is the issue is that your LBs and your lack of varied playcalling on defense (and offense) wasn't exactly sim.

With regards to the DBs, I guess using LBs that can cover like DBs makes up for how badly they 'suck' huh? Ingenious, but not sim.

As is said in my original post, audibles etc. are not sim in Madden if you don't give the D a second to adjust. It is fair in real life, but there is a differentiation between real life and Madden. This is what should be remembered when playing in a SIM league. These are all stated in the rules which you quoted to me lol

You also seldom settled for only 1 audible or hot route at a time, seeing as I saw multiple instances of both WRs running outside slants and your QB would do 2 or more audible animations pre snap. The fact that you can often get a hot route in without the animation leads me to believe that you saying you only used 1 pre snap adjustment at a time is not entirely true.

I have all the highlights I could get, mainly of the big plays because incomplete passes batted by LBs in the flats or downfield were not able to be viewed. If it is necessary I can show you, I have no problem. If anyone feels I was too scathing in my post or whatever, or that what they see is acceptable, then I will fully apologise.

Brza, many thanks for dealing with it the way you have!
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:42 pm

I think this file is closed.
LTown27ers
LTown27ers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame