Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Madden - SML Stylee! EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Madden - SML Stylee! EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Madden - SML Stylee! EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Madden - SML Stylee! EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Madden - SML Stylee! EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Madden - SML Stylee! EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Madden - SML Stylee! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Madden - SML Stylee! EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Madden - SML Stylee! EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Madden - SML Stylee!

5 posters

Go down

Madden - SML Stylee! Empty Madden - SML Stylee!

Post by Bishbosh1985 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Hey guys

As y'all know there's a few things wrong with M13, and the 'fun' element of playing the games has dropped dramatically and i know the majority of SML agree to some extent. Normally most leagues bumble through a few seasons and the last season claims a few casualties before August comes around and re-invigorates us all. I'm guessing a hell of a lot of leagues wont make it anywhere near July in M13 - and thought i'd float a notion.

I think unless theres some magic formula via the sliders its a long road to August. Does anyone know of any ... or heard of anything?

Just kicking off what will hopefully turn into a meaningful debate as i for one wont play M13 as it stands - but dont want to wait nearly 8 months to play Madden agian dammit.

It wont be a simple case of just making things harder i guess, although that could be a start. I wonder why certain things happen, like all the glitches when you are running to the left side of the screen, there are too many to mention here but is this correctable? Like the out routes, screens, draws, curls? Like the press coverage? The punts to the sideline?

These are a few examples - wonder if theres anything that can be done.

What do you guys think? Can we salvage anything or am i just a sad old git!

Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Madden - SML Stylee! Empty Re: Madden - SML Stylee!

Post by trulyinfemous Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:21 pm

Jarrodd's all madden sliders are excellent. All I can recommend. Would also mean that every CPU game would be almost impossible to put 50 on.
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:37 am

the thing is that all madden is not realistic but then its not so easy to make high scoring games against the cpu. for me all madden is ok too.

maybe someone knows anybody who wants to join the franchise
LTown27ers
LTown27ers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:35 pm

I have a test league that I am using to advertise my league that I'm making, so people can see if they like the sliders. Let me know if you want to join the test league so we can see how it works out.

I am a really big advocate of it. I have had 2 consecutive seasons as the Rams playing the CPU where I've had a top 5 pick and have only won about 7 games in 2 seasons lol

A lot is down to my controller completely spazzing out but a lot is just down to me being complacent vs CPU.

I think we're at a stage in this league where all our teams are talented enough to compete against the CPU and it would really put a huge onus on us to win all our games vs humans because we could get beaten by a strong CPU team.

I've only beaten the 9ers once and have had notable wins against the Panthers, Seahawks and Jets, only game I've won by more than 14 was the game vs the Panthers where I could really test their weak CBs and their WRs were dropping a lot of passes.

It really makes the game a game of inches.
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:56 pm

I don't really know of anyway around the glitches but I think a boost in difficulty has definitely got to be on the cards. Like LT said All Madden probably isn't all that realistic but can it be any worse than trying to not score over 40 points? I continually punt from inside the redzone in the 4th quarters which takes ALL the fun out of playing. I'm far from great at this game but it is beyond easy against the CPU. I was in a great NCAA dynasty with Daz and that was so difficult to do anything that it was great fun. I play for a challenge, this difficulty does not present that to me. That's my take.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:53 pm

I'm open to trying out Jarrodd's all madden sliders next season to try and make things more interesting. My main gripe with All-Madden is the way it cheapens user-user games in my opinion but since we have so few owners now I don't see any alternative that will help keep games interesting every week.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Here's a suggestion - that has nothing to do with how the game plays. PLAY SIM lol

Also, how about adopting a rigid game day formula, i.e. all hum v hum games happen on a Wednesday and a Sunday (or any days for that matter).

And before everyone starts on about 'we got lives' etc - no you dont, Madden players live for Madden! But the benefits of that would help advancing and everyone knows where they stand regarding game arrangements.

Would also be 'sim' to get all the results in one day ... just like the NFL.

I like it!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:11 pm

I like the idea of playing all games on a set day but it probably isn't practical. My social life can be pretty random and we all get things come up we need to do that aren't part of our regular routine, it would be a shame to miss a game because of that but I do like the idea.

I gotta disagree about the play sim thing though. About mid season or just before I decided I was going to stop chasing stats because I personally found it was a cause for me playing unsim at times and I decided to just play to win. Didn't care about yards or TD's or anything. Look at my passing numbers compared to last year, I completely leveled it out, ran when I had a lead but it is physically impossible to just play sim on this difficulty without scoring 50+ every cpu game. I think my last game of the season I had 3 INT's and I could of easily took them all back for a score because they were all intercepted in the flat. If I would of played sim I would of scored all 3 instead of just the first and then just flopping with the other 2. I lost count how many times I've punted through the back of the endzone while in the redzone or even at the goaline in the 4th quarter so as to not run the score up. Running the ball doesn't work because it can't be stopped. I can't be the only one who has this problem because I am by far not the best player here. I'm just saying though, I'm happy to go along with the consensus but I think it is too easy even while playing sim.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Agreed Noto - cpu is way too easy and i got no gripes other than the stat padding.

I mean hum v hum when i refer to sim play. And in all fairness it doesn't matter how sim you play anyways because the control over a games outcome has diminished somewhat in M13.

But, if we can get some sliders that work - i know some of them are irrelevant as i'm doing a little testing myself at the mo, but there are a couple of things we can look at.
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:05 am

From what I've discovered from Jarrod's sliders is that the QB accuracy and the penalty sliders have the biggest effect on the overall gameplay. Toning down the dominance of LEs and giving some opportunity to REs is to lower the pass blocking attributes while simultaneously lowering the pass rush. It does mean tho that an overload blitz will be very effective, however, this is where playing sim comes in.. you see the overload (as its signposted in M13) and you attack where they're coming from. In order to stop this always being a breakaway Jarrodd lowers the break tackles as well as the tackling so the ratings balance out.

They're all the ratings that really make Jarrodd's sliders work and invitations to my test league are a request away.

He has some really nice way of making the DBs react slower, which really differentiates players play recognition and awareness, making it a useable attribute. To counter that route running can play a real affect too. I've seen huge differences between Brian Quick lined up in the slot vs Danny Amendola, and especially when you have Steve Smith from Danny Amendola, which is even better because they're similar players (in style) but with one being a much better player.

I agree with Noto tho, I am honestly finding it so difficult to keep on scoring, and I try and keep the scores capped at 50, but when QBs try and stand in the pocket for 5 seconds on a curl route play you can't help but sack them, especially with a semi decent DE or DT and then they're throwing more downfield which means more INTs and shorter fields and so on and so on.

Jarrodd's sliders vs CPU make it VERY difficult, to the point where I've had 2 losing seasons with my Rams, and in my Redskins franchise I had one losing season and I'm following it up by winning a bit more because I fixed the defense and picked up Percy Harvin (yeah Vikes just cut him; hint hint Eder lol) It can be pretty frustrating, but there are lots of tips that you should be aware of when trying his sliders vs the CPU.

1. When you see a big hit coming, hold R1. Fighting for more yardage vs Patrick Willis will typically end in a fumble.
2. Keep the 3 seconds in the pocket in your mind at all times. Go into a play with 2 reads and a checkdown. If not there scramble or step up to lower the sack yardage. Throwing it into coverage won't always be picked because CPU INT slider should be lowered, but it can still be picked off.
3. Be gentle when leading your WRs, really know where you want to put it and guide it there. Hammering the stick as far left as possible to lead your WR on a post will lead to an errant throw, not leading will mean your WR will have to slow down and is more likely to be hit.
4. Stick with the run. If you get too dimensional in either respect, the CPU will start to shut you down, or you'll see more BS things happen like Super LB INTs or sack fumbles. If you set up play action, or set up the draw plays, they can be very effective vs the CPU, but nothing is money!
5. Read the offense. When on D, you must judge how the O is lining up. If you think pass, spread your line out and try and get a good pass rush. If its a run to the strongside, shift your DL or send them to crash that side. If its a counter, you're in doodoo, but if you leave it, you might get gashed for a big gain. Risk reward and really helps you read tendencies and play to team strengths. Obviously if you have a beast manning one side, he could hold it without needing the help from the crash, but if you have Dumervil with a tackle and TE on him? Send the assistance or he will get abused. This also really makes you, in user games, aware of potential play action or draws, and makes sure you pay attention!
6. Field position is crucial. You fumble on a kick return? It might be 6 for the CPU on the next drive. You punt it into their 10? You might get it back or they might still drive for a FG. Gambling on long FGs or 4th down conversions will only get you into a deeper hole. Defense is not about getting as many BS turnovers as possible, its about forcing your opponents hand and attacking weaknesses.

If you join my test league, play a game vs the cpu with this in mind and you may find success, or if not, at least a more rewarding experience.

Then we can gage the interest in applying it to this league.
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:11 pm

Good to see you both doing some testing. Perhaps in the offseason we can do a group test of some sliders and do a vote or something, just an idea.

Jarrodds sliders sound intriguing especially if there is a way to make things like play recognition actually mean something which is why I've steered clear of all madden for years. I don't want rubbish players playing like all pros. That being said I don't want a losing season either lol! I wouldn't mind losing a game or two but I think the aim should be having the games go down to the wire against the cpu or at least close into the 4th quarter.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:42 am

Ya, in my Rams franchise its a bit ridiculous and tbh I've given up as I just can't seem to win...
With my Redskins franchise I just won the NFC East at 10-5 playing all CPU games... got a bye week and will face off with the 49ers.

I tweaked Jarrodd's sliders to my preference, considering how strong the team is, I can overcome some big plays by the CPU but every now and then you've gotta succumb to the L.

I think those tweaked sliders could be an alternate if people don't like Jarrodd's full sliders.

Things to mention in my Redskins franchise.

I had 10 sacks with Kerrigan (missed 4 games), 8 with Orakpo (missed a game or two), 3 with Chris Wilson, 6 with Sergio Kindle and a couple with everyone else. No sack record was close to being broken and I had 3 INTs from Josh Wilson, 1 from DeAngelo Hall, 2 from Barnes, 1 from Griffin and 1 from Meriweather. I also got 2 from Stephen Bowen lol on him sniffing out screen plays... He's like JJ Watt.

I only threw 7 INTs with RGIII before he went down to injury (in week 12 or so) and I threw 4 with VY and 2 with Cousins. The INT numbers are considerably lower but PDs are high so completion percentage is controlled. A high risk offense means more chances for INTs but a conservative offense may mean a 3 and out (OH MY GOD VS THE CPU YOU MUST BE CRAZY) lol

I will try and invite you all to the test league, they'll be on my Rams league settings and it'll be interesting to see what you all think, just pick any team and play the CPU to get a feel for it. Then once you've had some time with the Rams settings, should you like it we could see what Brza thinks of putting it into this league, if not then we can test out my Redskins league settings which are a bit more forgiving.
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down