Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Madden 13 Info - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Madden 13 Info - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Madden 13 Info - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Madden 13 Info - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Madden 13 Info - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Madden 13 Info - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Madden 13 Info - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Madden 13 Info - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Madden 13 Info - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Madden 13 Info

+5
Dazinkster
jensua
Bishbosh1985
Notorious_MH
brza37
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Madden 13 Info - Page 3 Empty Re: Madden 13 Info

Post by jensua Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:21 pm

and the last senctence bish is my point excactly. Look at AP. I fear he is done same with chris johnson (what can he do when he gets older and slower). Will forte and mccoy slack off now they have received their big pay day (i seem to rember mccoy getting an extension(could be wrong))?

jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Yeah, I agree with you 100% jensua. Performing at Jackson's level for as long as he has is very rare and he should be on track for the HOF despite playing for some bad teams.

None of the guys ahead of him on the ratings list can compare to him in that regard except maybe for AP but even Peterson will still have to prove he can come back from injury this year and maintain that level for another 3 years to compare with SJax in that regard.

Its hard to represent that type of performance over years in a game that only represents a yearly snapshot of the NFL though.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:29 pm

brza37 wrote:Yeah, I agree with you 100% jensua. Performing at Jackson's level for as long as he has is very rare and he should be on track for the HOF despite playing for some bad teams.

None of the guys ahead of him on the ratings list can compare to him in that regard except maybe for AP but even Peterson will still have to prove he can come back from injury this year and maintain that level for another 3 years to compare with SJax in that regard.

Its hard to represent that type of performance over years in a game that only represents a yearly snapshot of the NFL though.

right on, but I guess this is the only way when implementing individual player skill in a game.
But I do like the fact that bruising backs can actually bruise now.
In the earlier iterations of madden only backs with spd above 92+ was worth playing with and that was beyond lame.
I played with brusing type backs as SJAX(offline with sliders) and now Adrian Foster on here. And I like that neither will not go down easily on first contact and will drag defenders for that ½ yard extra.
jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:37 pm

I'm actually a little concerned about the powerbacks trucking etc in M13. Against Foster, SJax, Hillis etc in M12 it was very disappointing as they were tackled for a 2 yd gain but 'fell' forward another 5 yards! I have seen this type of back 'fall' for a further 6/7 yards which is just ridiculous! The fact they are saying this type of back's strength will help them further in M13 is a worry - what now? 'falling' forwards for 10 yards!!

I love the idea that these power guys strengths should be catered for but they got it wrong in M12 (as with AP's spd) which says to me they will make M12's mistakes greater. Also, the clips i have seen of M13 and the physics engine at work is definitely NO improvement on last year - WR's are still going down when being touched by a diving defenders outstetched arm and the collisions appear the same.

By the looks of it, EA's love of making a 'good looking' game is still evident, rather than leaning towards a sim. I doubt we are going to get a realistic EA football offering until the next-gen console programmers get to grips with them - couple of years away i guess.
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:00 pm

It seems my man crush for Jackson has spawned a pretty interesting converstaion Laughing

Firstly I don't think SJ is the best ever but he is my favourite Ram ever and the reason for that can't be fully explained with statistics. Sure he is now the all time leading rusher for the Rams, just being mentioned in the same sentence as Faulk and Dickerson qualifies his greatness, at least as a Ram. The problem with stats though is that you could find statistics to support any theory and make it sound compelling. For me personally it takes more than numbers before I consider someone great, it takes many things all coming together to quantify greatness.

Obviously as a Ram fan I am slightly biased and I see much more of the Rams than any other team so I'm really not in a better position to judge McCoy or Forte as well as Eagles and Bears fans. What I see from SJ that makes me believe he is great though are firstly and obviously his numbers, but there is something beyond that, something you can't gauge with stats. He plays on a team where for the last 4 seasons he WAS the team. In 06 and 07 we still had a few greats at the end of their careers such as Holt Pace and Bruuuuce but I'd say from 08 on there has been nothing. Nothing in the way of offensive help, a passing game, a good o-line, not even a good defense to help out. It has been the Steven Jackson Rams. Where he gains the most respect from me though is he never complains, never cries to the media, he never seeks attention. Stop and think about that for a moment, a guy so gifted physically and athletically that if he retired today but had played on a better team that had gained a ring but with exactly the same numbers, I think he'd be first ballet HoF. That's pretty special. Even now he isn't seeking to get away from St Louis to end his career with a shot at a ring, he wants to extend and retire a Ram.
Early in his career he was pretty outspoken and brash and quite a lot of Rams fans just hadn't taken to him after seeing Faulk retire and then in 07 during a bad season he complained about the music in the dome which really got the fans on his back. He then held out of camp in 08 for a better contract and I can tell you he was far from a fan favourite. Since then all he has done is put this sorry ass team on his back and carried them continually and he really has gained my respect.

Another thing stats can't tell you is how banged up a guy is, all you see is games played/started. Jackson does miss some games but let me tell you, if he doesn't play then it's because it's not possible. The Rams never have a decent backup so SJ at 60% is still far better than anything else on the roster and I've seen him play pretty damn banged up and still run hard, running guys over and not shying away from contact. He is impossible not to love.

I completely agree about McCoy, I think he is currently the shiftiest back in the league right now and he has a genuine natural ability that could make him great. But he has to do more and for far longer before I'd consider him great. The thing with McCoy is that he is supremely talented on a good team with lots of weapons, just as Marshall Faulk was with the Rams, and it's exactly for that reason why for me, Jackson is better than both.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Nicely put Notorious.

Here's a fact that will probably amaze some guys - Walter Payton missed JUST ONE GAME in his entire career with the Bears, and even that game (very early in his career) he was fit but the coaches chose to sit him against his will.

That is probably the most amazing stat in the history of the NFL. The other thing to bear in mind is during Wally's time, he also played on some poor Chicago teams, but the game was a lot rougher then too!

Ask any QB
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:23 am

Wow you are right, that is an amazing stat. It seems practically impossible for the running back position, especially back in those days. It's just another reason why Sweetness is one of the best, if not THE best to ever do it.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3