Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Madden 25 Info Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Madden 25 Info Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Madden 25 Info Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Madden 25 Info Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Madden 25 Info Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Madden 25 Info Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Madden 25 Info Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Madden 25 Info Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Madden 25 Info Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Madden 25 Info Thread

+2
trulyinfemous
brza37
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Madden 25 Info Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Madden 25 Info Thread

Post by brza37 Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Madden 25 sales are down 40% compared to week one last year:

It appears, on the surface at least, fans are no longer happy with the Madden status quo.

EA Sports reported sales of just over 1 million copies of Madden in its first week on store shelves. While EA was touting the success of Madden NFL 25, those sales numbers are down significantly from last year's number of 1.65 million in the same time span, a nearly 40% drop in sales.

The obvious culprit does seem to be many gamers are holding out for next-gen Madden, which makes a lot of sense. However, with incentive programs to upgrade to the next-gen game around and being touted by EA, it also does seem a large chunk of consumers simply are tired of Madden's current form and waiting for something new.

This puts even more pressure on the next-gen product to deliver a new and unique experience to the series, as fans are likely looking for that with the new game. However, for a year at least, it is likely the next-gen version of Madden will be a huge seller when the new consoles hit store shelves in mid to late November.
http://www.operationsports.com/news/658554/madden-sales-down-significantly-this-year/
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:03 am

Even though I will obviously be getting it for PS4 a large part of me hopes that the 40% loss of sales isn't entirely just people waiting for next-gen but people genuinely tired of the franchise. This is good for one reason and one reason only... To HOPEFULLY persuade the NFL NOT to extend the exclusive license yet again. In no walk of life does zero competition improve quality. We need competition back for EA *cough* NFL 2K *cough*.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:12 am

Notorious_MH wrote:Even though I will obviously be getting it for PS4 a large part of me hopes that the 40% loss of sales isn't entirely just people waiting for next-gen but people genuinely tired of the franchise. This is good for one reason and one reason only... To HOPEFULLY persuade the NFL NOT to extend the exclusive license yet again. In no walk of life does zero competition improve quality. We need competition back for EA *cough* NFL 2K *cough*.
Completely Noto.

Apparently EA won't have the exclusive license next year..... Will be interesting to see what happens.

Competition can ONLY be a good thing and by lord does Madden need it.
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Finally more info on next-gen is coming on Monday! Here's a link to a teaser trailer:
http://www.operationsports.com/news/665864/madden-nfl-25-next-gen-teaser-trailer-arrives-information-and-details-coming-monday/
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:31 pm

trulyinfemous wrote:
Notorious_MH wrote:Even though I will obviously be getting it for PS4 a large part of me hopes that the 40% loss of sales isn't entirely just people waiting for next-gen but people genuinely tired of the franchise. This is good for one reason and one reason only... To HOPEFULLY persuade the NFL NOT to extend the exclusive license yet again. In no walk of life does zero competition improve quality. We need competition back for EA *cough* NFL 2K *cough*.
Completely Noto.

Apparently EA won't have the exclusive license next year..... Will be interesting to see what happens.

Competition can ONLY be a good thing and by lord does Madden need it.
That goddamn license has been nearly expiring for years and they always get an extension. I pray to the football gods that they don't but with the recent news of cancelling the NCAA franchise due to the ongoing lawsuits etc you gotta believe EA are even more eager to get the NFL locked up again *sigh*
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:35 pm

brza37 wrote:Finally more info on next-gen is coming on Monday! Here's a link to a teaser trailer:
http://www.operationsports.com/news/665864/madden-nfl-25-next-gen-teaser-trailer-arrives-information-and-details-coming-monday/
Interesting that they are going for AP as the cover star and going away from the current gen Sanders cover. Hope they have some good stuff to share.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:30 am

And here's the new next-gen trailer:

I've posted it in the original post as well. Well it looks good. NBA 2k's next-gen graphics looked better but the biggest thing is how it will play, in full speed. What do you guys think?

There will be more info released on the following topics in the coming weeks:
True-Step Player Motion
Player Sense AI
War in the Trenches OL/DL Interaction
Living Worlds

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/madden-nfl25/xboxone/features/nextdefvisuals
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Hmm, looks good. Crowd looks really good. But I will say this, this is a big downgrade from what they showed at E3 claiming it was actual game footage, especially the RG3 bit, I knew it was bullshit at the time and it still looks great but not close to what was originally shown. I just hate when they do stuff like this and I just don't understand it. Why lie when you are going to have to show people the real game eventually and then not meet the standards of what you lied about?
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:57 am

I gotta say, next gen Madden is not looking great.

I hope it works out better but I really don't think its gonna be much of an improvement on PS3 Madden. 

Financially not sure how soon I can get PS4 atm either, hoping I will be able to but its touch and go!

They do stuff like that Noto because the gameplay is unchanged, the animations still look robotic and there is still a complete absence of physics.
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:37 pm

New video detailing an Xbone-exclusive feature. Utterly idiotic that this is only on Xbone when Vita Remote play and a Second Screen App for both Android and iOS is available. 

Here's an article too:
http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/10/08/madden-25-coachglass-xbox-defensive-coordinator-couch/

When will this exclusive non-sense stop? Its bad enough the NFL has an exclusive license with EA but now they want to force our hand on which console to buy too?

Also look at the shots of the sideline. The coach models are still jacked-up. They added headsets but nothing about that looks next-gen. I'm trying to remain positive because I really want to play a current NFL football game but this stuff is hard to look past. If they pumped all the resources into gameplay then thats fine though because thats what really matters but its getting hard to believe.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Here's another Video:
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Surely PS4 will have the same kinda thing?
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:30 pm

This stuff should all be available on the console.

I also hope we can scout opponents within CFM in the same way. Whos gonna have the time to do all this scouting in between plays? Especially when you only have like 5 seconds after offensive playcall comes in to select a defensive one.

If it is exclusive to XBoxOne, I'm not gonna be sad and its not gonna sway me, but this exclusive stuff is horrendous and the NFL/EA shouldn't be allowed to have exclusive deals.

I'm assuming though that it is for PS4 too but won't be announced due to the exclusivity deal.

PS4 Madden is looking less impressive each day and putting me off shelling out for a PS4 Sad

Still want a PS4 just really scared I won't be able to afford one.
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Put £100 on the Bears to win it all - you'll be rich!!!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastinator Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Theses console EA exclusives are getting stupid. First Xbox got the FIFA UT legends and now this. Still won't make me change my mind in what console I'm gonna get.
Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:19 pm

Here's a new teaser trailer. There should be another blog to go along with it this week:

And here is some gameplay from ESPN:
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:06 am

LOL, EA pulled down the gameplay footage from their own sites and youtube again. Needless to say the actual gameplay footage looked awful. Things are not looking good for the future of football gaming. NCAA is gone. Madden gameplay still looks like crap Rolling Eyes

Kotaku has a report on it with a working link to the video:
Kotaku Article and X1 Gameplay Vid "ESPN Says It's Been Using Next-Gen Madden Footage. It Looks Terrible."
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:01 pm

Let me ask this... When was the last time EA delivered a game that we were blown away and/or was a huge improvement over the last edition of a particular title?  The answer is never.  

EA deliver the same old tired coding wrapped up in a shiny new box, with more than a sprinkle of dubious marketing speak/techniques, fuelled and sustained by the average gamers desire and expectation of getting their hands on the next best thing.  The same thing happens every year.

M25 on the PS3 is really the same game as M13, with some of the crap coding tidied up.  With the right sliders in place, it does a goo enough job for guys like us to have a bit of fun playing NFL.

For those expecting the silver bullet on PS4 M25, prepare to be disappointed.

Last edited by AfroDizzyMac on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
AfroDizzyMac
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:01 pm

I got M25 for PS3 as i don't know how soon i'll get a Four, and you're right Afro, it is M13 but considerably cleaned up.

As for the next gen cons, my only interest is how the game plays. I think we'd all accept average (PS3 -like) graphics to start with as long as it plays a good game of football.
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:14 pm

I really really may hold off on a PS4 until the new year.

Literally the only thing making me want a PS4 right now is to be in another Madden league.......
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Dammit Bish, you caved in and got Madden for PS3? I knew you couldn't last till November to get your fix Smile 

I've had the PS4 pre-ordered since June and I'm holding out hope for next-gen Madden but thats quickly dwindling. And now WatchDogs got pushed back to April. If Madden isn't a big improvement over the PS3 version then theres really no reason I should even get a PS4 until April. But I doubt there will be a price drop before 2015 on the PS4 anyway so I may as well hold onto my pre-order. Hopefully EA shows something to get excited about soon. The game releases in less than a month in the US. Don't know why they need to hide anything at this point. The game must be final by now.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:22 pm

Hell if Madden 25 next-gen turns out to be trash, I might just say fuck it and go back to the roots:
http://tecmobowl.org/

They've got online leagues too Very Happy
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:46 pm

I just watched that pulled ESPN video of the next-gen Chargers Colts matchup on the Kotaku link.

Wow.

I didn't think it was looking great but that video... wow. Horrible would not be too strong a word. I've already pre ordered it but I can easily swap it for something else at launch and if I don't see something far more impressive then I don't know if i'll even get it. Aside from better looking crowds it may be exactly the same game.

On an unrelated note, NCAA Football 14 is pretty damn great, I'm having a ton of fun with it.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Yeah, problem is, is I am still looking for a job so don't really have any disposable income I can throw at a PS4 as much as I want one. I was expecting to be a couple pay checks into a job by now and it still hasn't happened.

If I can get a PS4 straight up I will get Madden regardless, it will be better than current gen, I miss being in leagues and as much as it may suck, due to my fandom my interest in the NFL will last until the next game and deffo hold me up until Battlefront comes out Very Happy

I guess my PS4 purchase is a 'Game time decision - probable' lol

I will deffo get a PS4 next year though if I don't on release.
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Good luck on the job hunting man, hope you find something (if only so I can kick your butt on madden lol! )

Rumours flying around that Driveclub will be delayed (which I'm not too upset about cause Gran Turismo comes out the week after) plus we already have Watchdogs delayed. One things for certain though, EA won't hesitate to put out an unfinished game and with it being a next gen launch title the chances of it being rushed are high so I will remain skeptical until proven otherwise.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next