Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Madden 13 Impressions Thread EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Madden 13 Impressions Thread EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Madden 13 Impressions Thread EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Madden 13 Impressions Thread EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Madden 13 Impressions Thread EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Madden 13 Impressions Thread EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Madden 13 Impressions Thread EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Madden 13 Impressions Thread EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Madden 13 Impressions Thread EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Madden 13 Impressions Thread

+13
LTown27ers
RyanBendis
trulyinfemous
Dazinkster
GBDawg1
Chimpy_Nuts
Notorious_MH
boboclark
Tru11
Bishbosh1985
AfroDizzyMac
Pastinator
brza37
17 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Madden 13 Impressions Thread Empty Madden 13 Impressions Thread

Post by brza37 Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:09 pm

I just wanted to start a new thread for people to post their impressions of the retail game and to say that I'm downloading the full version right now Very Happy

brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Madden 13 Impressions Thread Empty Re: Madden 13 Impressions Thread

Post by Pastinator Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Lucky boy! you got the early release thing then?

Well playing the demo i think the game plays a tiny bit too fast for my liking ( i alter it my slowing the speed down in the settings ) but other than that im really pleased and ready to get started!
Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:58 pm

I agree with Past. The demo plays slightly faster than M12, especially on the run plays. Not sure how realistic it is. Time will tell.
AfroDizzyMac
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Does the demo usually play the same as the full game or are there differences? Just wondered as the demo has some merit but a few question marks too!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastinator Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:44 pm

the slider option lets you customise the game completely so it can be slowed down in the settings Bish. Will you be gracing the SML Field this year?
Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:50 pm

No I just got the normal version from the us store. I cant see paying 25 extra just to play 3 days earlier. But the download is nice. Don't have to worry about changing discs and get it earlier and cheaper than the euro version.

Generally I find the game to fast on default. I think online was set to slow last year. Think well either stick with slow or maybe try very slow this year.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:13 pm

I thought the passes seemed a little strange on very slow - like throwing a sponge football. I'll have a crack at diff speeds too. What u guys make of the CB's - 1st impressions for me seemed like they haven't changed much but the LB's are far less reactive?
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Tru11 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:18 am

there is not much difference between the demo and the retail version to me.

i can see alot of frustration comming lol.

user picks is so easy now.

i know this league is on all pro but i hope you guys get some good sliders.

had 2 games on all madden yesterday and well it looked like it was on rookie lol
both where user games, so not where the cpu cheats hahaha
Tru11
Tru11
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:54 am

I played two games last night. One on normal and the second on slow. I'll try very slow tonight but I think slow seemed just about right.

Both games were all-pro vs. CPU and I didn't notice that user picks were overly easy but then again I wasn't concentrating on it much. I'll look at that tonight too but it should be fixable by lowering the User interception slider. I thought the passing game was difficult, at least to go deep downfield. I was only able to complete underneath stuff for the most part.

I'm most impressed with CCM though. Spent a ton of time just going through that last night as a player and coach. I even messed around with MUT for the first time ever because I wanted to start a player CC with Barry Sanders. Pretty disappointing that the only way to unlock him is just by waiting until the end of September though. I figured I'd spend most of my time in a CC with Barry until the opening day rosters were released and SML got started.

I got a Shannon Sharpe card in the pre-order bonus pack and also won the Lombardi challenge but for some reason I couldn't unlock them for CCM because I can't put them in a collection in MUT. If anybody knows how that works in MUT please let me know. But I think this may be part of a glitch.

Also, it appears there is a huge glitch in coverage that will probably make the game unplayable for guys who user d-lineman:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/570464-huge-man-coverage-bug-video-proof.html

EA already knows about this though and hopefully it will be fixed in the first patch on Sept. 11.

Oh, and there has already been a roster update. Its still not entirely right but did fix some depth chart issues I had with the Eagles roster. I didn't look at all the rosters so I can't say anything about that but I did notice Flynn is still starting in Seattle instead of Russel Wilson but some cuts have already been made like Chad Johnson is gone from the Dolphins roster.

Coach Chuck Norris took over the Eagles after Reid decided to take a break from football. Game Face looks good in game but for some reason Norris' photo wouldn't show up in the menus. I think it was just due to a freeze that happened while I created the CC. I'll have to restart and try again tonight.

brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by boboclark Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:44 pm

by the sounds of things 13 seems worse than 12
boboclark
boboclark
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:04 pm

No its definitely an improvement in my opinion. There is always a bug or two at release that can mess things up but they usually get patched quickly.

The momentum of players and gameplay overall is miles ahead of M12 imo. Add the presentation improvements to that and all the features of CCM and M12 is not even close in comparison.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastinator Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:24 pm

yeh like brza said most games need afew tweaks once its been released to the masses - im pleased with alot of the things they've addressed in M13 and im really looking forward to getting my hands on it tomorrow ( hopefully )
Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Tru11 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:13 pm

you should try to get some user games in.

i suggest you make a community and put in the settings and sliders you are thinking about using and try it out.

there seems to be quite a bit of difference between user and cpu games.
Tru11
Tru11
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:08 pm

Wow I'm so jealous! Can't wait 'til friday to get my hands on it.

That DL bug is a BIG deal for me as I always user the DL so they better get that fixed straight away or it will completely ruin my first season.

Another thing I read today is that you can no longer edit the rosters and then use that roster for your CC. The ONLY roster you can use is the EA one and I know 2 things from experience, 1-They always get at least 2 players stats on the Rams completely wrong and 2-Miss out lesser known depth players from the roster. I always tweak my roster (realisticly) before starting a franchise so this is kind of sad, we are completely at EAs mercy. Also because the edit function is redundant now you can't change players equipment etc which is what I've read today but Brza could you confirm whether or not it is possible to still edit a players position when in CC? This was always done through the edit screen and I have a feeling this is going to be gone too which will totally blow.

On a gameplay side I know 13 plays different to 12 but I think we need to find some good sliders which will stop the 8-10 ypc which we saw in 12, this is coming from a guy who mainly ran in 12 because I couldn't pass. Are there any other areas of gameplay that anybody feels needs focusing on which would make the experience more realistic?
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Chimpy_Nuts Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:56 pm

Notorious_MH wrote: Also because the edit function is redundant now you can't change players equipment etc which is what I've read today but Brza could you confirm whether or not it is possible to still edit a players position when in CC? This was always done through the edit screen and I have a feeling this is going to be gone too which will totally blow.
Editing players has been completely removed from CC. Even editing player numbers has gone. As it stands, you can have multiple players on your team all with the same number and nothing can be done about it.
Chimpy_Nuts
Chimpy_Nuts
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:59 pm

I got my copy today and had a quick scout around. Everything seems a bit too fast and will need to be slowed down.

Whatever is decided on the sliders, please can that be shared out as soon possible so that we can all practice on them. I don't think the default playing experience would be very good.

Oh, and on a sidenote, The Raiders WR's have been given woeful stats, sorry OSS it's going to be a tough season for Raiders fans in M13, unless the roster is changed on the first update... :/
AfroDizzyMac
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Hmmmmm ............... so the trade talks begin!
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Tru11 wrote:you should try to get some user games in.

i suggest you make a community and put in the settings and sliders you are thinking about using and try it out.

there seems to be quite a bit of difference between user and cpu games.

Yeah thats what I plan on doing. I should set up the Community this weekend and will invite you all then.

Notorious, like Chimpy said there is no editing whatsoever right now in CC. And you have to use the rosters from EA. The head CC dev did tweet today that they were looking into adding editing (at least for equipment & numbers) but the possibility is probably slim this year.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GBDawg1 Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:34 pm

It's hard to believe that they would leave something out as basic as number editing. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when these decisions are made. Board meeting: "Hey guys, we had this function in the past few Maddens where players' numbers could be changed." Puzzled looks around the room. Someone eventually says: "Can't think why anyone would want to do that. Cut it, I say." All heads nod.
GBDawg1
GBDawg1
Rookie
Rookie

http://www.theeafl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:35 pm

I just deleted my CC with Chuck Norris as coach and started a new one and it froze up again and won't show pictures. Anyone else have this problem when trying to start a Career with a Game Face coach or player?
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Chuck Norris' face could freeze Venus
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Chimpy_Nuts wrote:Editing players has been completely removed from CC. Even editing player numbers has gone. As it stands, you can have multiple players on your team all with the same number and nothing can be done about it.

That is a shocking omission, how or why can they leave something so simple out?!

Also, does anyone know of a site where I can look through teams rosters (Rams and Lions especially) and see what the stats are for all players? All I have found is a spreadsheet download from the madden site but it's useless.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:12 pm

So I thought about it and there's no point in waiting to start up the community. I have no sliders yet but its set to All-Pro and Slow speed. I'll update the sliders based on my findings and your feedback. Geta few games under your belt before calling for drastic changes though. I also set the time to just 6 min. quarters so the games will be a bit quicker. In the CC we will have 8 minute quarters though for more accurate stats.

I'll send out invites over the next couple days. Or just search for SML Europe under communities. Password is simfootball.

I'll try and start adjusting the sliders this weekend.

Played a sim guy head to head just now by the way, and gotta say it was a great game. 21-14. Really felt much better than M12. Still a bit too many big hits but overall much more realistic. The first post that I dumped over the MLB and in front of the 2 deep safeties felt great. No more superman LBs. Getting the right touch on passes is a timing thing though but it pays off when you get it right. Pass rush could be better but the pocket forms more naturally than last year and not all pressure is from usered lineman or DTs.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:21 pm

What exactly is the way to 'drop passes in between LB's and safeties'? Or is it just timing? I tried adjusting my passing by either hold for bullet, tap for lob or hold a bit longer than a lob for a 'touch' pass - or am i just a pillock?
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 pm

What is this community? By reading your comments it sounds as though we can join the league and just play some friendly games with each other before officially starting CC? Is that right?

Bish - you're just a pillock Wink It is what you say but your qb's momentum, positioning and footwork have a big effect. If you try passing off balance it won't be accurate and like brza says it is timing and takes practice, but if you just snap the ball and don't touch the left stick the qb will carry out the correct drop for the play which corresponds 9 times out of 10 with the primary receivers route as he's making his cut at which point you can let fly and the receiver should just be coming out his break and have a brief window of being open. It's really cool. Takes practice to stop just bullet passing everything because Madden 12 touch passes sucked ass.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next