Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Madden 13 Impressions Thread

+13
LTown27ers
RyanBendis
trulyinfemous
Dazinkster
GBDawg1
Chimpy_Nuts
Notorious_MH
boboclark
Tru11
Bishbosh1985
AfroDizzyMac
Pastinator
brza37
17 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Madden 13 Impressions Thread

Post by brza37 Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Yeah Noty, a community allows us to use the same sliders and rules that we'll have in the CC to play friendly games. The rosters in the community are just the standard current online rosters, so once we get further into our CC it won't be as relevant. But its a good place to start getting some practice in user-user games and to get a feel for the sliders we'll use.

Community is in the lower portion of the Home Menu in M13 between "Play Career" and "My Madden".

By the way, I see what you meant about the user picks Tru. The Ball Hawk feature has made it a bit easy to user pick. I had some pretty acrobatic INTs today using that.

And Bish, Noty explained what I meant about the touch passing perfectly.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tru11 Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:54 am

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/570439-jarodd21s-madden-13-all-madden-sliders.html

here are some good sliders.

i like the special teams and penalties sliders the most and i think would fit nicely in community.
the others im not so sure how they will fit with all pro though.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/

Tru11
Tru11
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazinkster Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:13 pm

Sounds good guys. My copy is on its way...but think its getting posted to my old address (Doh!). So will have to get in touch with my old landlord to get it.
Dazinkster
Dazinkster
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:22 pm

brza37 wrote:Yeah Noty, a community allows us to use the same sliders and rules that we'll have in the CC to play friendly games. The rosters in the community are just the standard current online rosters, so once we get further into our CC it won't be as relevant. But its a good place to start getting some practice in user-user games and to get a feel for the sliders we'll use.

Sounds awesome, can't wait to get my game tomorrow. I made my gameface last night ready to roll Smile
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:00 pm

got the game now. Liking it a lot more than the demo, although I really am struggling with User QB dropbacks. Anyone know how to do it?
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Playing on slow setting is much better. Game is growing on me.... I even got the benefit of a pass interference penalty! Never seen that before! Smile
AfroDizzyMac
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanBendis Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:44 am

Hmm ... Got my copy yesterday too ... I Played One Game against CPU on all madden. Saints against broncos ... Broncos won the Game because my OPEN Receivers couldnt catch a Ball ... It was unbelieveable ... I had only 3 catches Aafter the third quarter

It. Will be a Hard Season for the Saints ... Not enough Good Receivers or CB in my roster ... The Receivers are to Slow or the catch Attribute is Not Good enough

It will be funny Smile
RyanBendis
RyanBendis
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:32 pm

I noticed in the community settings that auto run is turned on. Is it going to stay that way? In my personal opinion I hate it and I feel it is a very arcade-ish feature and one that isn't at all in the sim mold. How are you supposed to run behind pulling guards and centres when you have no ability to slow down? Just my opinion of course.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:59 pm

Autosprint is on since it was on without a choice in all online franchises last year.

I know its a touchy subject and some would argue exactly the opposite that a sprint button isn't sim and that you should sprint depending on how hard you're pushing the left stick.
I'm open to changing it though depending on how the majority feels.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:24 pm

I'm definitely against anything auto, purely because I just do not trust the CPU to get things like that correct.

I'm really struggling with the goddam lack of user QB dropbacks. Anyone know how to change it from auto?
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:33 pm

I understand what you are saying brza but I look at it like this. If you want to sprint 100% of the time then with auto-sprint off you can just permanently hold R2, if you don't want to always sprint then with auto-sprint on there is nothing you can do to slow down. It's about choices and with it turned on it takes away a choice.

Would be interesting to hear everyone's opinions.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 pm

Never having run without autosprint I don't know what it's like, so I would have to try it before deciding.

My immediate thought would be, why would you want to run slower at any point? But I guess Notorious has a case. Would that mean WR's also have to be manually run using R2? (after catch of course)
AfroDizzyMac
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:09 am

Just to be clear. Auto-Sprint doesn't mean you sprint 100% of the time. It means that you will automatically sprint when you push the stick all the way in one direction. When you're in traffic you generally aren't forced to sprint from the CPU and you can control when you sprint with the left stick.

Anyway, I will start a poll about it so everyone can vote.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:26 am

Ladies and gentleman, please put your hands together for ..................................the seasons first poll.

The 1st of many during early part of season 1 i would guess.
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by LTown27ers Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:10 pm

today i played my offline carreer game against the Pats. The Pats threw a TD and there was a penalty flag out there. I wondered to see that it was a "illegal Touching Penalty on the offense " never had this before in Madden
LTown27ers
LTown27ers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:53 pm

thats a cool penalty to see!

I just throw soooo many INTs its crazy. Certain ways of throwing certain routes on M12 are deadly in M13 and the control switch is the worst thing they've done. I really despise everything being so spaced out with the controls. the fact the slot on the left will be triangle instead of L1 will take a long time to get used to. You'd think they'd make NCAA's control system like maddens...

After struggling vs the cpu I'm now comfortably destroying them while throwing 3 INTs a game. My defense is ready to play but I just can't get the O moving.

Also, got a question about the final roster update before we start. Will that mean we only have the 53 man rosters and the practice squad at the beginning of pre season? How will we collect FAs to cut for cut days?

Will we do an FA draft or will we just have first come first served? Or will we just re-sign everyone who got cut by our teams originally?
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Tru11 Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:08 pm

i think we will have the final roster with the last roster cuts for CC.

Also auto sprint is overruled by user settings.
so as long as you have it off in your own personel settings then the franchise settings wont matter.

as yes what worked in madden 12 i strongly suggest to not try in madden 13 lol.

slants and crossing routes are coverd very good be the defense.

better yet the default routes work best for me.
not much hot routing needed.

Tru11
Tru11
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:27 pm

yeah I'm finding a handful of plays able to work quite well, but its things like knowing how much juice, when to put touch on, the difference in down and up on a lobbed throw etc.

Its a completely different game and little things like out corner routes off playaction need a bit more juice than they did in M12. Simply lobbing it gives the DBs more time to get in position to make a play.

In fact, i find bullet throwing deeper throws to be better and more effective, but its just changing habits from M12. I'm sure in a month I'll know what I'm doing again, bit annoying though having been a premier passer on M12 to being really terrible now lol
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:53 pm

I have to say I am extremely disappointed that EA removed the ability to edit the rosters for use in CC. Why on earth do we have to rely on this Donny Moore guy for our roster and why is he the only one capable of supplying rosters? Why is he so special?

When I receive my copy of madden the first thing i do is edit the Rams roster to effect the final cuts/trades etc and tweak the stats of a few players who are wrong in the game and start up my franchise. Now I have to wait a whole week before the roster update arrives before I can even begin CC which is the main mode of the game. So I have a game that plays very well but why would I want to start a CC, go through all the legwork of building my team and then start all over again next friday when the roster update arrives? Even then I can't tweak any ratings. Why Not? If I think a players speed is a complete joke and want to put it up to its correct level that it should be in the first place then why can't I? I paid good money for the game, even if I wanted to make Sam Bradford a 99ovr LT then why can't I? It's a complete joke. Online CC then yes ok I see why they would prevent ratings changes but in an offline game, why the hell can't I do whatever I want? Typical EA, do something good and then do something very bad to offset it.

On the subject of QB's playing LT I don't know if anyone has seen or heard about this but it turns out that ratings don't really count for much. Check THIS thread and video out and see what you think, it makes you wonder what is actually going on under the hood if the ratings don't influence what happens on the field.http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/572486-madden-13-player-ratings-mean-absolutely-nothing-video-proof.html
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 pm

lol, interesting video. Also note the comments about All-Madden sliders.
AfroDizzyMac
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:12 am

So, I took a look at the sliders on OS and added some to our community based on a combo of Jarrod21's All-Madden sliders and Charter04s All-Pro sliders, who have both gotten good feedback.

If you have a chance please try to play some games in our Community and give me feedback on the sliders. I'm also testing these out versus CPU in my CC but it appears there is something wrong with the CPU running game no matter what difficulty or sliders are used:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/572999-get-ccm-ai-fixed-now-while-we-have-eas-attention.html

Hopefully, this won't be a big deal since we're a full 32 teams anyway but still from time to time there will be games played vs. CPU.

Here are the current sliders by the way:
Skill Level: All-Pro

Accelerated Clock: On, Min Play clock 20

Game Speed: Slow

Threshold: 40

Injury: 50

Fatigue: 60

Game Play Sliders User/CPU

Offense
QB Accuracy 20/50
Pass Block 50/50
WR Catch 45/50
Broken Tackles 55/60
Run Block 50/55
Fumble 30/30

Defense
Pass reaction 50/75
Int 15/45
Pass Rush 55/50
Rush reaction 15/55
Block Shedding 40/45
Tackle 10/40

Special Teams
FG Power 45
FG Accuracy 50
Punt Power 50
Punt Acc 60
Kickoff Power 50

Penalties
Offsides- 90
False start- 50
Holding- 53
Face mask- 55
Defense PI- 100
Offensive PI- 100
Punt Catch Int- 90
Clipping- 55
Intentional Grounding- 100
Roughing the passer- 54
Roughing the kicker- 50

brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 am

Holy f´ing crap....

I have not had the time to play the game yet but this inability for he cpu to run the football is a total gamebreaker for me. Why is the quality control at ea so piss poor (remember when 1 int would get reported as 2 ints?)

That is for me a total gamebreaker....

Oh well theres is allways madden 12. I have a kick ass franchise going with jarrods sliders tweaked a bit. Or perhaps i should take up fifa again....
jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroDizzyMac Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:05 pm

I've played a handful of games and have also noticed the CPU teams cannot run the ball. I thought it was my great run defence! Lol!
AfroDizzyMac
AfroDizzyMac
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:01 pm

I thought it was my amazing run D too lol.
If/when it gets patched will we have to re start the CC or will we just be able to carry on?
I noticed that the CPU's play calling in 2 minute situations is messed up too. I was playing against the saints and they were down 4 points inside a minute to play on there own 20 and just kept running and taking timeouts!
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:06 pm

Notorious_MH wrote:I thought it was my amazing run D too lol.
If/when it gets patched will we have to re start the CC or will we just be able to carry on?
I noticed that the CPU's play calling in 2 minute situations is messed up too. I was playing against the saints and they were down 4 points inside a minute to play on there own 20 and just kept running and taking timeouts!

Yep, have read that as well...

lol I am thinking about just continuing on with my offline chise on madden 12
jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next