Sim Madden League Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» M20 Power Rankings
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 am by Mattanite

» Cowboys positiion change
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 8:07 am by zill_kills

» M20 Rams Position Changes
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am by Mattanite

» Season 34 Draft News
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am by Mattanite

» Haason Reddick position change
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 7:48 pm by LTown27ers

» Bish Phone Broke
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:59 pm by Mattanite

» VIKINGS POSITION CHANGE
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm by Bartell

» Cowboys Scheme change to Hybrid
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm by Bartell

» Packers Position Changes
Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm by Fazak

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Madden 13 Impressions Thread

+13
LTown27ers
RyanBendis
trulyinfemous
Dazinkster
GBDawg1
Chimpy_Nuts
Notorious_MH
boboclark
Tru11
Bishbosh1985
AfroDizzyMac
Pastinator
brza37
17 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Madden 13 Impressions Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Madden 13 Impressions Thread

Post by brza37 Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:13 pm

All the more reason to play in a full 32 man online CC. Hopefully some of these bugs get fixed in the first patch on the 11th.
brza37
brza37
Admin

https://sml-europe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:20 pm

Awh come on Jens, bugs aside the gameplay is head and shoulders better than 12. Besides, you have to be involved in 13 cos I need you to trade me some Rams players I want Very Happy

Brza, couple of questions about the CC. Will everything be run in the game now that they have improved it or will we still be using an external website for day to day running? For FA when we begin, how will it work it regards to signing street free agents? I'm just curious.

One more thing I need help with guys is I can't for the life of me get my scheme's to save when I set them. After I play a game or practice or load a saved game all player schemes are reset and it was doing my head in last night. I've tried saving my profile and CC straight after setting it but it still resets to default. Has anybody else had this?
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:56 pm

It would seem that M13 is a decent improvement over M12 after a few hours play. One question Notey - why on earth would you actually WANT any Rams players? Jensua is a Rams fan but he also wants to win so i expect you could get all of'em before seasons end lol

There's another thing - the Rams seem mightily popular in the UK - anyone got a reasonable explanation for this as the greatest show on turf is but a distant memory now?
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Well the ratings czar at EA does a notoriously lousy job representing the players in the nfl. But expect to see 10+ sacks from Robert Quinn this season and expect the same from Chris Long. James Laurinaitis is allready a pro bowler (or should be) and Janoris Jenkins will be a superstar add Courtland Finnegan and Quiton Mikell to that group and the D is looking solid..... the offense on the other hand... not so much. So i would say there is alot to build on... Not like the bears they are getting old fast...
jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:08 pm

XFN hasn't had any access to the code for Madden 13 so nothing is compatible right now. Plus I think the options in game are good enough now so we won't be using an external website.

I'll get back to you on the street free agents question. I'm not 100% sure myself if it will just be a first come first serve basis or if we'll have some type of draft system. It really depends on how large the rosters will be. If the opening day rosters are just the 53 players on the active roster than we may need to have a FA draft. If each team has 70 players at the beginning than the FA talent pool will probably be so drained that a draft system isn't necessary.

Also since I've been asked about it, assuming the opening day rosters come out before the patch we will start the franchise on the 12th (since the patch on the 11th US time will probably be pretty late. On the 14th we'll advance to week 2 of the preseason. After that we'll advance once a day for the rest of the preseason. People that want to play the preseason can play them but if you don't want to you won't have to and the league won't be held up for it. Everyone should have a chance to at least do their cuts online, if they're necessary, and run practice.

That means the regular season should kickoff on the 17th and we'll advance every 3 days during the regular season.

About the schemes, are you running an offline CC? I read there is a problem with the schemes not saving in offline CCs and EA suggested that in general people do online CCs even if they want a single player experience. Online doesn't have the scheme problem and can receive bug fixes quicker than offline. You can also make it private and limited to 1 user so its no difference at all to offline except you get the benefit of fewer bugs and quicker tuning updates.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:19 pm

I switched it to All Madden and the Run O of the opponents was much stronger. My run D was still good, but it wasn't holding them to -5 yards a game anymore. Just had em down to a nice 3.3 ypc avg.

Passing was impossible though so instead I user safeties in coverage on run downs to stop the -plays, also messed with the sliders a lil.

About the FA draft, my only point, take it as you will, but real life rosters, the 53s, will include a long snapper (immediate cut on Madden) and will often have some extra player no one would have use of (such as a 3rd QB, 2nd FB, 5th TE etc) that will just get cut. That means that players could dip into FA and get more contributors than you'd really want if we had a free for all beyond one round. On the default rosters, or first update, the FA pool has a lot of players that can make a huge difference on Madden and after cuts that will be doubled. Do you think one round of FA will be enough? Otherwise it'll literally be a free for all on some talented guys that would be slightly unfair due to the ability to stockpile before in game cuts.

I'm a Rams fan but it originates from Rams being the default team on Madden 03 and thinking their uniform was the best, not knowing they were fucking awesome (due to age) lol then I just stuck with them Smile

Playing offline with the Rams I have discovered some really solid talent that I would definitely trade for immediately. Not just on D though! (but man Chris Long and Robert Quinn...)
Sucks how shafted Brockers got by Donny Moore though.
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Bish - Lol! Believe it or not the Rams have some very good young players, Janoris Jenkins will be a stud if he can keep out of trouble off the field. Robert Quinn, man, dude is a flat out BEAST! Outside of Rams fans I doubt many have ever heard of him but I guarantee after this season you will know about him, if the Rams can avoid being blown out and run over then Quinn will have 15 sacks minimum. Take it to the bank.

I became a Ram fan cos the first game I ever watched on TV was Rams @ Saints 2000 wildcard playoff game. I had no idea what or who I was watching at the time and the Saints won but the Rams were so exciting and their uni's so cool that I adopted them as my team. Wasn't until later I realised they were reigning champs. Been a die hard fan since 2001 and haven't looked back since despite some horrid teams/seasons.

Jensua - You are right about everything you say. The O-Line REALLY scares me though, I mean REALLY REALLY scares me. We will be decent this year but that line just won't be able to keep Sam upright.

Brza/Infemous - I agree with both of you, the roster update will mainly define how we handle it but even if the roster updates are 53 man rosters then I know personally in my offline CC that there were some guys I cut and street FA's that I signed so it is going to be pretty tricky with a full 32 team league to make signings fair. Definitely something to think about.

Brza - Ah yes I am running it offline, yet another bug then lol. I only really started it to familiarise myself with the mode so that once the roster updates come I am ready to roll both here and on my own. I'll set one up online, thanks.

Infemous - Madden 03, best cover ever! With Brockers if you change your DT scheme to run stopper to match his personal scheme fit then I think he is rated about 74. But still yea, not a sexy pick and he plays for the Rams so obviously he got overlooked. I still don't see why we can't edit our own roster, dumb decision.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishbosh1985 Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:18 pm

As for FA guys - this is a tricky one because apart from a handful of teams theres not a lot of money left in the bank! It would be good for Madden purposes if we all had a similar amount for FA's as every HC will want to make changes at certain positions especially in the first season of M13.

I think for FA purposes a level playing field would be good if possible (especially as the Bears cant afford a new punter).

Salary cap is a big thing when starting a new franchise - and lets face it, not one single HC has included the salary cap situation in his team choice calculations!

On the other hand, maybe its just tough lol
Bishbosh1985
Bishbosh1985
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Tru11 Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:22 pm

for FA i suggest a draft over 2 rounds.

draft will be based on teamoverall and so worst team gets first pick.

something along those lines.

after that a free for all or a max sign of 3 players through the whole season.

so if you sign 3 right off the batt after draft you cant sign during the season in case of injury orso.
Tru11
Tru11
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious_MH Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:02 pm

I think with the cap its just tough, usually the teams with cap room are the bad teams so they shouldn't be penalised for having more room to play with. This being a sim league then real rules should apply, you want to sign someone and you don't have cap space then make room or just tough lol.

I like the sound of that Tru11. I think everyone should make their cuts to 53 if the roster update still has 70+ rosters to populate the FA pool. After that's done then each team can sign one FA in order of team OVR worst to best. I don't think there would be enough decent players to warrant 2 rounds but there may still be someone who fits peoples scheme that would be depth guys. So after 2 rounds people should just be able to cut and sign players at will on a first come first serve basis. In my opinion that would be the fairest way to do it.
Notorious_MH
Notorious_MH
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by trulyinfemous Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:59 pm

yeah i like the idea of doing the FA draft after cuts, because there will be more to pick from and will basically be a waiver wire, of two rounds for picking players that didn't make the final 53. Obviously then you'd have to calculate who is surplus on your roster or is being replaced by the FA as you'd be constrained to the 53 max.

Like that suggestion a lot.

Its more in Brockers' individual ratings I feel he got shafted. His whole game and rawness was predicated on his reliance on his natural strength and how lean he is for a dt yet they give him 86 strength? Terrible.
trulyinfemous
trulyinfemous
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:05 am

ok guys,

I have not even had the energy to play a single game of madden after reading all the issues with cpu running in the ccm mode. This is the only mode(franchise) that I want to play. So right now I am actually playing madden 12 (got a killer slider set).

But what are you guys doing on madden 13 offline ccm? Are you playing it? is the cpu running the ball with succes? what sliders are you using? I heard that all-pro settings with sliders plays better than all madden sliders (go figure)?

on another note I am thinking about crapping in a paper bag and lighting it in front of the ea offices. anyone care to join?
jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:33 am

First off, flaming poo always helps.

While its frustrating that the CPU seems to play better in Play Now than in CCM, I'm not sure the CPU running game is really a new issue. Last year I thought it was pretty easy to completely shut down the CPUs run game too. As far as the sliders, I haven't had much time to test them out vs. the CPU yet so I could also use feedback.

About the roster update EA posted this yesterday:

The second Madden NFL 13 roster update will be available for download on the Xbox 360 and PS3 on Saturday morning. The update will reflect the final 53 man rosters of all 32 NFL teams. Details regarding the update will be available Friday morning.

The initial 75 man preseason rosters that were released with Madden NFL 13 will continue to be available for offline and online Connected Careers so that fans who want to manage the final roster of their team can do so. Final 53 man rosters will also be made available early next week for offline and online Connected Careers giving users the choice to use either roster when starting their Connected Careers experience.

So, we won't have to make cuts in the first preseason and hopefully "early next week" means by Tuesday at the latest so we can start the franchise on Wednesday as planned. We will have 2 rounds of FA draft here on the forum. We need to move through it quickly though to avoid delaying the start of the regular season. The order of the draft will be worst OVR to best based on the roster update. If we move through the draft quickly and it seems we could use a 3rd round then we'll do that. Otherwise FA will be first come first serve after that.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastinator Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:09 am

brza37 wrote: So, we won't have to make cuts in the first preseason and hopefully "early next week" means by Tuesday at the latest so we can start the franchise on Wednesday as planned. We will have 2 rounds of FA draft here on the forum. We need to move through it quickly though to avoid delaying the start of the regular season. The order of the draft will be worst OVR to best based on the roster update. If we move through the draft quickly and it seems we could use a 3rd round then we'll do that. Otherwise FA will be first come first serve after that.

When you say the FA draft will be on the forum how will that work?
?

Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by jensua Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:28 am

brza37 wrote:First off, flaming poo always helps.

While its frustrating that the CPU seems to play better in Play Now than in CCM, I'm not sure the CPU running game is really a new issue. Last year I thought it was pretty easy to completely shut down the CPUs run game too. As far as the sliders, I haven't had much time to test them out vs. the CPU yet so I could also use feedback.

hm ok, I got a pretty good run game from the cpu in madden 12. I think I was the bottom dweller in rush defense in my chise for several consequtive seasons.

Ok, so I will have to give it a shot i madden 13. Do you play offline ccm or a one person online ccm? I have read that sliders work better in an online ccm than offline...
jensua
jensua
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:40 am

Pastinator, I'll start a new thread under Player Transaction Central > Waiver Wire and list the order of the teams. Teams then should either post the player they want and the player they will cut or post PASS if they don't want anyone. After they post they can sign the player in game. The list here will help make sure things move quickly without people going out of order or having to wait until someone else signs a player in game before making his choice.

Also, before posting your choice you should check their desired salary either on the maddencareer website or in game to make sure you have enough under the cap to sign them.

Jensua, I play a one person online CCM because there are reportedly fewer bugs online than offline and they can be tuned quicker. What were your rushing sliders like in M12? Maybe they'll work or at least help here too.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastinator Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:51 am

brza37 wrote:Pastinator, I'll start a new thread under Player Transaction Central > Waiver Wire and list the order of the teams. Teams then should either post the player they want and the player they will cut or post PASS if they don't want anyone. After they post they can sign the player in game. The list here will help make sure things move quickly without people going out of order or having to wait until someone else signs a player in game before making his choice.

Also, before posting your choice you should check their desired salary either on the maddencareer website or in game to make sure you have enough under the cap to sign them.

Great sounds easy enough!
Pastinator
Pastinator
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Tru11 Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:50 pm

its probaly best to wait till the update is out.
that way you will have a better picture over who is in FA.
Tru11
Tru11
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Tru11 wrote:its probaly best to wait till the update is out.
that way you will have a better picture over who is in FA.

Yeah, I posted that it would start after the roster update. We'll also need the updated rosters to have the correct OVRs per team for the draft order and what contract demands players will have.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by boboclark Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:16 am

so when do you think the league will start
boboclark
boboclark
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:16 am

boboclark wrote:so when do you think the league will start

Pre-Season will start on the 12th. Regular Season on the 17th.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Squaddy Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:23 pm

ive been told final roster update will be released saturday 8th

DJ_Squaddy
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:38 pm

DJFierro wrote:ive been told final roster update will be released saturday 8th

Thats just for Play Now and normal online games. EA wrote that the rosters for CCM won't be available till the beginning of next week.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Squaddy Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:07 pm

ohh ok sorry

DJ_Squaddy
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by brza37 Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:13 pm

No problem. Here's the info on what changes were made in the roster update:
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-nfl-13-week-1-roster-update

From a look at the Eagles changes it seems that the updated rosters will have 60 players instead of just 53 since they added the practice squad players to the list too.
brza37
brza37
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next